In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is white privilege?

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Politics

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently it is all the benefits that we white folks gain in society just because of our color. That minorities of color in society face challenges and disadvantage simply because of their color that whites never have to endure or experience. It is a manufactured justification for white guilt and Affirmative Action.
  • Options
    BEARBELLY454BEARBELLY454 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where can i get some?
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its the privilege of being beaten down and/or shot by the police and having no one give a damn because you are expected to follow the law [;)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is the latest excuse conjured up to attempt to explain away the results of the creation of a multi-generational moral hazard.

Sadly, far too many will fail to understand.

This article is as good as explanation of the situation as I have seen.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/11/25/we_have_a_moral_divide_not_a_racial_one_124753.html
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have white privilege and you don't even know it. Notice how your question mark is the first slot on the thread. It's white, and the dark slot is always second behind a white one. So see, there it is for you and you didn't even notice. But I did.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To understand a word, you have to break it down into it's syllables.
    Privilege
    1. Privi-: that's a place where one ponders the problems of the world while improving his mind with the best available publications, such as Playboy. Or Plowboy if you live in the country, where most privis are located.

2. -lege: A small foothold usually over a precipice likely to cause great * harm of death if you lose your footing.

In other words, white privilege means if you are white, you better walk carefully or you will fall into a craphole.[8D]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    In short, it is a mistaken notion not worthy of further explanation.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this a rhetorical question?
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    White privilege is being top of your class in fire/EMT training, and being employed after all of the minorities that barely passed, including females that didn't even have to do the same physical agility test.

Yep, white privilege is a terrible thing I tells ya.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    White privilege is being top of your class in fire/EMT training, and being employed after all of the minorities that barely passed, including females that didn't even have to do the same physical agility test.

Yup, white privilege is also being denied a job promotion after passing the promotion test at 98% just so they can give the job to a black female who scored 70% on the same test
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mk 19

Yup, white privilege is also being denied a job promotion after passing the promotion test at 98% just so they can give the job to a black female who scored 70% on the same test

There is absolute truth to these comments.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    White Privilege is having federally subsidized racism acted out against you and being told that it is happening to prevent racism
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    This page claims it originated as a theory back around 1935:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

As hard as I've worked since at least the age of 13, I have a hard time conjuring up the sense of being "privileged" in any way due to my being a Caucasian.

I do feel rather privileged to be an American by birth and ancestry. That's a gift from my ancestors, for which I am deeply appreciative.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    white privilege is to pay all the bills. according to T.S.uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMG,.......we're in Politics now!!!!!!![:0][:0][:0]
    What the blank does this have to do with politics?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

OH.....Just everything[:)]
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm.

So the 80-90 hour week the wifey and I put in is nothing but a privilege for our kids? And its a privilege because our kids are whit(ish)? Or because their parents dont work?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I think it has to do with decisions being made using personal emotions than actual rational logic, but that is just a guess.
  • Options
    lpaalplpaalp Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure, but I suspect that between Obama and Holder, there's gonna be a lot less of it for the next couple of years.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    white privilege would be to be able to say say Burn this * down ....like michael browns dad and not be arrested or his mom for assault and battery not to mention theft and not be arrested ...
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "White privilege" is usually earned by anyone irregardless of color willing to get off of their butt and work for it. We're all born equal but most Black Americans spend their lives making themselves less equal.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what it is! Come to my place of employment and see all the whites privileged to slave at a service job cleaning a hospital. We only have one black and he was slaving right along side us till he put in his two weeks.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "White Privilege" is parents who give a damn about them.

White Privilege is most often espoused by white liberals who went to elite colleges that could only be afforded by rich parents. They never have to work for anything, so they assume that it's because of some mysterious power only Caucasian people possess (Asians, who on average do better than whites, credit their success on hard work, so no "yellow privilege" exists) and has nothing to do with the tax-deferred trust fund that mommy and daddy set up for them at birth.

Those who rail the loudest against "white privilege" are whites who grew up poor or from broken homes and have none of the advantages that being white supposedly grants them.
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    White privilege is that you get to pay taxes to support lower forms of life that should be exterminated like lice.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:What is white privilege?
    Brain washing For the masses.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    For me it is as meaningless as disposable income. I doubt I'll ever see either.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    During WWII our government rounded up all the Asians in this country and put them in concentration camps and held them there even after the war was over for 3 years. These people lost everything they had and a lot of them were born here and had never been out of the country. If they had done that to the blacks they'd still be howling about it and demanding reparations. The Asians didn't do anything but pick themselves back up and go back to work and to school and continued on with their lives and now are better off than whites or blacks. So that pretty much shoots a hole in the white privilege thing. It's a matter of IQ and a willingness to work hard and it has nothing to do with any BS privileges of any sort!!
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm waiting for libs to start using the term yellow privilege on successful Asian Amaricans.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by riflemike
    white privilege would be to be able to say say Burn this * down ....like michael browns dad and not be arrested or his mom for assault and battery not to mention theft and not be arrested...

...and being invited to speak before the U.N. after the assault, battery and theft.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    During WWII our government rounded up all the Asians in this country and put them in concentration camps and held them there even after the war was over for 3 years. These people lost everything they had and a lot of them were born here and had never been out of the country. If they had done that to the blacks they'd still be howling about it and demanding reparations. The Asians didn't do anything but pick themselves back up and go back to work and to school and continued on with their lives and now are better off than whites or blacks. So that pretty much shoots a hole in the white privilege thing. It's a matter of IQ and a willingness to work hard and it has nothing to do with any BS privileges of any sort!!

Very good reply, I happen to know of such a family(Japanese) and they started with nothing...He is the guy that made the first"Surimi" artificial crab meat from fish products....
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smitty500mag, great reply. In this day and age, average intelligence plus "hard work" is all it takes to be successful.

Maybe all us old farts have lived to long. We seem to be out of touch with what ever is todays reality. Just when did working hard become a rare commodity??