In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Utility rates will sky rocket with new EPA Rules

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Politics
Sure looks like the family budget is going to be devastated by The EPA and The United Nations carbon recover deals!

Time to go on welfare with rest of the poor folks that The American Congress has made for the NWO![:D]

serf
http://themissouritimes.com/10231/press-release-congressman-jason-smith-new-epa-regulations-will-raise-utility-rates/

In an letter to EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, Smith questioned the viability of the Carbon Capture and Storage technology required in the proposed, "Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions for New Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units" regulations.

"With industry insiders involved in the development of CCS technology openly declaring that it is not ready to be commercially deployed, and the Third National Climate Assessment declaring that it is "difficult to forecast success" for the technology, it strains the limits of reason for you to determine that carbon capture and sequestration technology has been "adequately demonstrated." Before you finalize rules that would impose a regressive energy tax through regulations that amount to a de-facto ban on coal power plants, I would urge you to note that carbon capture and sequestration technology is neither "achievable" nor "adequately demonstrated" as required by Congress in the Clean Air Act."

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the REA servicing our lake house has already sent out a letter to its customers to contact their reps to build a resistance to the overreaching epa
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Commissioner for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission put out a statement that basically says"WTH? I thought we were all in collusion to push the wind industry on people." These people don't get it. They don't make public policy.

Here's FERC Commissioner Moeller's statement.

"In my initial dissent in this proceeding, I observed that "[n]ow is not the time for this Commission to begin retreating from its incentive policy on needed transmission lines." And today, if we are going to produce less carbon dioxide when generating electricity, we'll need more transmission lines to move cleaner sources of power to those who need it. In particular, because RITELine will allow power to move from the west to the east, this project can help nuclear and wind power move from the west, where it is produced, to the east, where it is needed.

"This action thus sets up a collision between two federal agencies that regulate the energy industry. That is, while the Environmental Protection Agency is moving to limit carbon dioxide, which will require more transmission lines, this Commission is changing its policies on transmission incentives in a manner that actually discourages the very transmission that will be needed to satisfy EPA requirements.

OH, and the United Kingdom is looking at WW II style energy rationing because they can't provide enough electricity with wind. Thanks National Grid.
  • Options
    deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seven rivers in Labrador, Canada are being dammed (killed) to supply some more Canadian electricity to New England..........
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am doing all I can to get off the grid. Free natural gas has helped a lot. My electric use is down 60-70% over last year. I am doing everything I can to avoid being a victim of the EPA.