In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illegal immigration-- write your representatives

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
edited January 2015 in Politics
Here is a sample letter I sent to the two dolts that serve as senators in my state:

Dear Senator,
I know that you do not represent my views on practically every political issue, whether it be social or economic, from your endorsement of killing the voiceless unborn child, to your support of raising the the minimum wage and putting the needy out of work, we are opposed.

But perhaps you can see the danger of our president overstepping YOUR authority, to enact legislation that would grant amnesty to millions of law breakers.

Did it escape your notice that one of the requirements for amnesty was a clean criminal record? If nothing else, it would seem that breaking the law to enter this country and stay here illegally, would disqualify one for amnesty.

Besides that obvious flaw in the proposed policy, the president is usurping your authority illegally. That has to upset you.

If you are not upset by that, please do at least consider MY anger over the issue. Please decide, this one time, to represent me.

I thank you for your consideration.

-Mr. Perfect
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Alabama boys are on the page![;)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congressional staffers make paper airplanes out of these letters...most can hit the trash from across the room on the first try
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    congressional staffers make paper airplanes out of these letters...most can hit the trash from across the room on the first try
    yeah, but they read it, and that is all that matters.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Congress and the President had the support of the people they would not have an approval rating above 49%. Congress has the approval rating of just above single digits and our DEAR LEADER has the lowest rating seen with modern Presidents.

Our congresscritters do not care what we think; they do not represent you or your interests.

They care about money and power.

If something does not make sense, follow the money.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    If Congress and the President had the support of the people they would not have an approval rating above 49%. Congress has the approval rating of just above single digits and our DEAR LEADER has the lowest rating seen with modern Presidents.

Our congresscritters do not care what we think; they do not represent you or your interests.

They care about money and power.

If something does not make sense, follow the money.
    Thus the tenor of my letter. I know they don't care about my interests, and that is why I urge them to consider their own self interests.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I finally heard back on this! Of course it does not even remotely address my concerns, but hey... I got a response.[:I]

quote:Dear Mr. Perfect,

Thank you for contacting me about immigration. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue. On June 27, 2013, I voted to pass the Senate's comprehensive immigration reform proposal (S. 744). If enacted, this legislation would strengthen border security, develop a realistic pathway to citizenship for the millions of undocumented immigrants here in the United States, help bring families together by reducing the backlog of immigration cases, and support Washington State's agriculture and high-tech industries As you know, on November 20, 2014, President Obama announced a series of temporary executive actions affecting America's current immigration laws. President Obama's executive actions strengthen border security by increasing the number of immigration agents along the southern border. These actions also direct federal immigration agencies to focus their efforts on the deportation of criminals, national security threats, and those attempting to immigrate illegally going forward. After registering with the Department of Homeland Security and passing a background check, some undocumented immigrants already in the U.S. will be allowed to stay for up to three years, but they will not be granted permanent citizenship. Lastly, the executive actions streamline legal immigration policies for high-skilled workers and entrepreneurs. I believe that America's immigration system should protect national security, while meeting our nation's economic needs and providing opportunities for residents. I continue to believe that the only long-term solution to fix America's broken immigration system is for Congress to pass legislation. I will continue to support comprehensive immigration reform in the Senate, and I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should the Senate again consider this important issue.
    Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Maria Cantwell
    United States Senator
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And here is my response back.[:D][:D]

quote:Senator Cantwell,
    With all due respect, you do realize that your response in no way addresses any of my concerns? Actually, I would be highly surprised if you did. Here, let me copy and paste my original note to you, so you can compare the issue I raised with what you discuss in your response. Perhaps you can show it to a third grader and have them explain how it doesn't address the issue I raised.

Begin Copy/paste:
    Dear Senator,
    I know that you do not represent my views on practically every political issue, whether it be social or economic, from your endorsement of killing the voiceless unborn child, to your support of raising the the minimum wage and putting the needy out of work, we are opposed.

But perhaps you can see the danger of our president overstepping YOUR authority, to enact legislation that would grant amnesty to millions of law breakers.

Did it escape your notice that one of the requirements for amnesty was a clean criminal record? If nothing else, it would seem that breaking the law to enter this country and stay here illegally, would disqualify one for amnesty.

Besides that obvious flaw in the proposed policy, the president is usurping your authority illegally. That has to upset you.

If you are not upset by that, please do at least consider MY anger over the issue. Please decide, this one time, to represent me.

I thank you for your consideration.
    End Copy/Paste

Now, please read the below. Compare contrast. Normally, this would be a two minute effort. Feel free to take another month.

Warm regards,
    Mr. Perfect
    [and here I included her response]

Think I will hear back on this?[^]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are sooo gonna end up on Ms. Cantwell's naughty list! Good for you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    You are sooo gonna end up on Ms. Cantwell's naughty list! Good for you!
    [:D]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain