In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Something positive for a change!

RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
edited January 2015 in Politics

Comments

• Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas Republican Louie Gohmert announced Sunday morning on Fox News' "Fox and Friends" that he would throw his hat into the ring, saying he's officially a candidate for the speaker gig.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/04/louie-gohmert-is-officially-gunning-for-john-boehners-job/

getem Louie.[:)]
    There were many of us wanting him to run for Senate in the midterms.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rest assured I will be on the phone to Congressman Bill Johnson (OH 6th) Tomorrow morning URGING HIM IN THE MOST POWERFUL YET RESPECTFUL manner I can to dump Boehner like the two-bit fancyhaircrybaby he is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    Texas Republican Louie Gohmert announced Sunday morning on Fox News' "Fox and Friends" that he would throw his hat into the ring, saying he's officially a candidate for the speaker gig.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/04/louie-gohmert-is-officially-gunning-for-john-boehners-job/

getem Louie.[:)]
    There were many of us wanting him to run for Senate in the midterms.
    Mr Gohmert is a good man. I've called my congressman this morning to encourage him to vote in favor of the change.

It will be tough - 218 votes are required to remove Boehner, and I'd wager that every Democrat in the House will vote in his favor. He's one of them!
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks to me like the establishment GOP is searching for a campaign issue like the Democrat BRASS RING for the last 50 years of poverty and race while actually doing nothing to address the issue.

I see this behavior in the leadership in the House and Senate. One excuse after another that they can't change these things........but if you support us in the NEXT election we can do something.

But I do have to give Boehner some credit for the 300+ bills that the House passed and never saw the light of day in the Senate because of Obama's butt monkey Reed executing the veto, and then complain about a do nothing Congress.

I would like a leadership change and I trust Gohmert.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    jonny * has to go!!
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Called my Congressman few minutes ago--Bob Gibbs--made contact with his Canton office. Hopefully he votes for Gohmert or someone similar, not *.

I bet the Dems are concerned one of there own with an R behind his name might get kicked out. One less Dem in position of power
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't consider ANY choice from a group of career politicians to be "positive".
    This country would be far better if no one--I repeat NO ONE could hold an elected office for more than 12 years and Congress limited to 8(total regardless of Senate of House)
  • Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that he's been re-elected, the Weeper of the House, "No-Balls" Boehner, has decided he'd rather punish other Republicans (especially conservatives) than to stand-up to the president or take-on the Democrats.
    The spineless bastrd has decided to take committee memberships away from those who voted or ran against him.
    Wouldn't it be nice if he could be as brave and aggressive with a Democrat, any Democrat?
    Just saying.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same ol' shxx, nothing changes.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    quote:tallcharlie
    Now that he's been re-elected, the Weeper of the House, "No-Balls" Boehner, has decided he'd rather punish other Republicans (especially conservatives) than to stand-up to the president or take-on the Democrats.
    The spineless bastrd has decided to take committee memberships away from those who voted or ran against him.
    Wouldn't it be nice if he could be as brave and aggressive with a Democrat, any Democrat?
    Just saying.

Obviously Gibbs from my district voted for * he isn't going to worry about his constituents he is worried about his status wants a position/committee. The same old story worry about greed/power and all the goodies come with it---the hell with the Smith middle class family.

Three hundred plus million people are of no importance, only when campaigning then right back to the good old boy club in DC

* strikes me, there are many others in government, as a person pushing a shopping cart around town and sleeping in doorways at night if he weren't part of our continuing fraud of most poloticans
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday he doesn't like being called "spineless" or a "squish" by critics, and he vowed to prove his mettle to lawmakers who opposed his re-election earlier this week.

Boehner was re-elected Speaker of the House on Tuesday even as 25 members of his own Republican party declined to support him, the biggest such intra-party rebellion against a speaker candidate since 1859. His detractors, many of them on the right wing of his party, say Boehner is too prone to compromise with Democrats.

Boehner said that portrayal is false.

"During my years here when I voted, I have the eighth most conservative voting record in the Congress. And it does pain me to be described as spineless or a squish," he told reporters.

Since becoming speaker in 2011, Boehner has faced a series of internal challenges to his leadership, particularly on his handling of budget matters in which small-government Tea Party Republicans have demanded a more aggressive confrontation of President Barack Obama's agenda.

In 2013, Boehner warned against a government shutdown, but Tea Party lawmakers pushed for a showdown over Obama's healthcare law that resulted in a 16-day closure of the federal government.

Boehner said what hurt the most was being called "establishment" by his fellow Republicans.

"I'm the most anti-establishment speaker we've ever had," he said, noting he had stopped lawmakers from using "earmarks," the legislative provisions that directed funds to be spent on specific projects. Those projects typically benefited lawmakers' home towns and sometimes were of questionable value.

Boehner said he had not decided yet whether to reverse a decision to kick two Republicans off a key panel for opposing his re-election to the top House job. He said he understood that criticism comes with being speaker.

"I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin. And I'm going to do my best to show all of our members, Democrats and Republicans and those members who voted against me, that I'm up to the job that I was given," Boehner said.