In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WWMD?

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Politics
What would Muhammad* do?

If there is one thing a reader learns from either the Qur'an* or Islamic tradition, it is that the Prophet Muhammad* is the supreme example of behavior for Muslims to follow. Sura 33:21** calls Muhammad,* "a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any whose hope is in Allah..."

The Qur'an* also instructs Muslims to obey Muhammad* as if he were God. Sura 4:80** "He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah..."

Curiously, the Qur'an* recognizes the fact that Muhammad* was human, therefore fallible. Sura 48:2** "That Allah may forgive you your faults of the past and those to follow..."

Yet in many more places, the Qur'an* admonishes the "faithful" to obey Muhammad*.

It is interesting to note that not only the words and deeds of Muhammad* have become the source of Muslim law - Sharia - but also his silences. Silences being those things that Muhammad* may have witnessed, but made no comment about, neither approved nor forbid.

How does this affect us?

Simple. Muslims point to Muhammad's* example as justification for their acts. Jihadi terrorists use Muhammad* as their inspiration and justification.

And the Qur'an* tells them to do exactly that.

* Barzillia: Note proper spelling.
** Barzillia: This is a citation.

I have used the Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation of the Qur'an* Majid***, 5th U.S. edition, 2000.

*** Majeed or majid means vastness in greatness, in glory, in might, in honor and in respect.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great post it is further information that adds support to my assertion that "Islam is a self inflicted mental illness masquerading as a religion."
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,334 ******
    edited November -1
    WWMD? It'd probably involve a prepubescent girl.[xx(][xx(]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    WWMD? It'd probably involve a prepubescent girl.[xx(][xx(]

And/or a goat.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Religious topics should be locked.....causes to much thinking...[:o)]
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    According to Mohamed, to pass from this life to the heareafter one needs to walk basically a tightrope across the canyon containing hell. The good deeds one has done help him to balance while the bad deeds cause him to be top-heavy and for him to loose his balance and fall into the pit. My guess is Mohammed and his followers are very top heavy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    According to Mohamed, to pass from this life to the heareafter one needs to walk basically a tightrope across the canyon containing hell. The good deeds one has done help him to balance while the bad deeds cause him to be top-heavy and for him to loose his balance and fall into the pit. My guess is Mohammed and his followers are very top heavy.
    but... his girlfriends weren't.[;)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your posts, both of them, make utterly no sense at all.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr Perfect, do you mean the ones I trashed? [^]

DaveJ is on thin ice here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Mr Perfect, do you mean the ones I trashed? [^]

DaveJ is on thin ice here.
    yes, those. They were nonsensical.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    What would Muhammad* do?

* Barzillia: Note proper spelling.
    ** Barzillia: This is a citation.

I have used the Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation of the Qur'an* Majid***, 5th U.S. edition, 2000.

*** Majeed or majid means vastness in greatness, in glory, in might, in honor and in respect.

Oooooooooooh, tallcharlie of Arabia, now, famed classical Arabic lexicographer.....

Psst, hey, charlie....MHD does not contain any vowels...Yes it does: magnetohydrodynamics, you ignorant posh!quote:
    and there is no required spelling in English...there are dozens of variant spellings...

much the same for Quran...

as well as English tranlations[sic], no matter how much you value your preferred text,there are plenty of folks who do not take it either as authorative[sic], or even potentially preferred...Plenty of folks? You and who else? By the way, you misspelled a few more. Duh.

In any event, you could have answered my quip about your spelling "Muhammid" with one word: "typo." But, no, Barzillia is perfect and he knows so much more than everyone else, that he has to prove that even his mistakes are right.
    quote:but you really should just sit down.
    Just give it a rest, Barz. You've already made a fool of yourself, don't dig the hole any deeper.

And, yes, I know I mixed my metaphors.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tallcharlie:
    Just give it a rest, Barz. You've already made a fool of yourself, don't dig the hole any deeper.quote:Originally posted by Barzillia:
    And while I willingly suffer a fool, it is for the reason the Church was called, and the time has now come to an end for this thread.Thank you, but it took long enough for you to catch on to that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just give it a rest, Barz. You've already made a fool of yourself, don't dig the hole any deeper.quote:Originally posted by Barzillia:
    And while I willingly suffer a fool, it is for the reason the Church was called, and the time has now come to an end for this thread.Thank you, but it took long enough for you to tumble to that conclusion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And while I willingly suffer a fool, it is for the reason the Church was called, and the time has now come to an end for this thread.Thank you, but it took long enough for you to tumble to that conclusion.