In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We have a new method of making law

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Politics
It is called an Executive Edict from the Dear Leader.

WASHINGTON - Obama administration officials and other supporters of the Affordable Care Act say they worry that the tax-filing season will generate new anger as uninsured consumers learn that they must pay tax penalties and as many people struggle with complex forms needed to justify tax credits they received in 2014 to pay for health insurance.

The White House has already granted some exemptions and is considering more to avoid a political firestorm.

Mark J. Mazur, the assistant Treasury secretary for tax policy, said up to six million taxpayers would have to "pay a fee this year because they made a choice not to obtain health care coverage that they could have afforded."

But Christine Speidel, a tax lawyer at Vermont Legal Aid, said: "A lot of people do not feel that health insurance plans in the marketplace were affordable to them, even with subsidies. Some went without coverage and will therefore be subject to penalties."

COMPLETE STORY:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/us/politics/white-house-seeks-to-limit-health-laws-tax-troubles.html?_r=0

We now have a Republican led (if you can call it leadership) congress, both houses to be precise; anyone wanna bet a dollar to a doughnut the gutless buzzards in congress do nothing about Obama changing law with executive actions AGAIN.

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We now have a Republican led (if you can call it leadership) congress, both houses to be precise; anyone wanna bet a dollar to a doughnut the gutless buzzards in congress do nothing about Obama changing law with executive actions AGAIN.
    [/quote]

That's a suckers bet. We already know they're not going to do anything.
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they do not tell you the government subsidies are taxable income for those over and above the EIC level. you will be required to pay the irs back all you got and all you gave. this is fact as I finished my taxes 10 minutes ago and I have started to feel a rage against king buckwheat and the non transparency of the act of welfare
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could take the Affordable health care act back in time before the passage of the income tax amendment it would be defeated.

Prime example of why you don't give the government that kind of power.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kumate
    they do not tell you the government subsidies are taxable income for those over and above the EIC level. you will be required to pay the irs back all you got and all you gave. this is fact as I finished my taxes 10 minutes ago and I have started to feel a rage against king buckwheat and the non transparency of the act of welfare

THAT is going to be a HYUGE eye opener for the Obama zipper lickers. They will be seriously pissed off when they face the fact that their "Free Shiite" ain't so free... LOLZ! SUCKERZ!!!!
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm really enjoying seeing the liberals that do actually work for a living rep the rewards that their king has bestowed upon them. har har har [:D]