In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

86 % percent of those receiving obamacare

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Politics
86 Percent of Those Receiving Obamacare Get Subsidies, White House Says

The Obama administration said Tuesday that 11.7 million Americans now have private health insurance through federal and state marketplaces, with 86 percent of them receiving financial assistance from the federal government to help pay premiums.

About three-fourths of people with marketplace coverage - 8.8 million consumers - live in the 37 states served by HealthCare.gov, the website for the federal insurance exchange. The other 2.9 million people are in states that created and operate their own exchanges.

Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the secretary of health and human services, underlined the importance of subsidies for people in states using the federal exchange - subsidies that could be withdrawn if the Supreme Court rules against the Obama administration in a pending case.

Read more at http://visiontoamerica.com/21246/86-percent-of-those-receiving-obamacare-get-subsidies-white-house-says/#0yeZkDQrfR5TBm9u.99

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if it wasn't such a clusterf--- you wouldn't need subsidies to create dependent people
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just to get it out in the open, are you criticizing Obama because:

1) He is a Muslim?
    2) He is Black?
    3) George Bush and/or the Republicans did it first?

Please check all that apply, so that our resident moderate centrist political experts can cut right to the chase.

Thank you for your cooperation. [8D]
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's welfare and wealth redistribution. Intended from the start to be. Nobody earning his own income would choose that crappy coverage. Good deal only it it's free because the makers are paying for it.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, Mrs Burwell doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what she has helped bring upon us.

Obamacare doesn't provide 1 new doctor, 1 new nurse, 1 new technician, 1 hospital bed, or 1 outpatient clinic. Lots of folks will find that their healthcare ID card is worthless; i.e., few medical facilities will accept them, & most care given to holders will be sub-par.

I won't criticize Obama; it's not his fault, he is suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Ironically, his guaranteed healthcare-for-life will provide him with complete coverage for that condition, if he seeks treatment for it.

Neal
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It gave a lot of people insurance that tax payers get to pay for. I know they were going to emergency rooms before but they were not getting dental care for their kids there.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't for the life of me figure out the thought processes of people when they think government is going to do ANYTHING for less cost and more efficiently.

There is no success in government; there is only taking from you to give to him by force of law.

How anybody could believe Obama's Government take over of their health care was going to be a success is deeply perplexing to me. It now costs more money than before, serves less people and took cost effective care from many to give free care to a few. Yet people just accept it as is and the (R) congress funds it with borrowed money too boot.

We live in interesting times.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually as far as I can tell the coverage available to those who self pay is the same insurance just without the tax credit subsidies.

You can select a gold, silver or Bronze plan from Blue shield or whoever you want but from my experience the insurance is the same. Crappy, high deductibles and co-pays for a high monthly cost.

Obamacare has allowed the Insurance companies to jack up the rates significantly since they know they are getting paid from the tax payers versus the individual.

My rates almost doubled and the co-pay/deductible went up also.

quote:Originally posted by Doc
    It's welfare and wealth redistribution. Intended from the start to be. Nobody earning his own income would choose that crappy coverage. Good deal only it it's free because the makers are paying for it.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!