.

Deep thinking

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Politics
Well I guess that blew up. I must have missed it.
«1

Comments

  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yep, and I have no clue why. It was a quality discussion among adults with no name calling, just simply an exchange of concept ideas.

    It had to be a poof by someone who is obviously not a very deep thinker. This is why we can't have nice conversations here.

    Can we get intelligent mods?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,109 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Yep, and I have no clue why. It was a quality discussion among adults with no name calling, just simply an exchange of concept ideas.

    It had to be a poof by someone who is obviously not a very deep thinker. This is why we can't have nice conversations here.

    Can we get intelligent mods?

    So, I am not a deep thinker, and not intelligent?

    It is CaptFun's request and rule that we have no religious discussions. The poofed thread, though civil, was a religious discussion.

    I suggest you take any complaint up with the boss. If he wants to change the rule, he can.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Was surprised it lasted as long as it did.
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    well they usually don't let deep thinkers or intellegent people be cops[:o)] just saying

    we have a politics forum - why not a religious one? this is just a Godless site.[}:)]

    but we don't have a problem paying homage to the one with horns.[;)]
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
  • popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a very interesting and civil discussion. I'm sorry to see it go.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,788
    edited November -1
    I guess I would have called it more of a philosophical discussion, and a pretty interesting one at that.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:Yep, and I have no clue why. It was a quality discussion among adults with no name calling, just simply an exchange of concept ideas.

    It had to be a poof by someone who is obviously not a very deep thinker. This is why we can't have nice conversations here.

    Can we get intelligent mods?

    So, I am not a deep thinker, and not intelligent?

    It is CaptFun's request and rule that we have no religious discussions. The poofed thread, though civil, was a religious discussion.

    I suggest you take any complaint up with the boss. If he wants to change the rule, he can.


    It wasn't debating the existence or non-existence of a god, it was merely pointing out the irony of government making laws and policy based on religious teaching and then claiming not to believe in that religion.

    If you were a deep thinker, you could have made the distinction.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,880
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:Yep, and I have no clue why. It was a quality discussion among adults with no name calling, just simply an exchange of concept ideas.

    It had to be a poof by someone who is obviously not a very deep thinker. This is why we can't have nice conversations here.

    Can we get intelligent mods?

    So, I am not a deep thinker, and not intelligent?

    It is CaptFun's request and rule that we have no religious discussions. The poofed thread, though civil, was a religious discussion.

    I suggest you take any complaint up with the boss. If he wants to change the rule, he can.


    It wasn't debating the existence or non-existence of a god, it was merely pointing out the irony of government making laws and policy based on religious teaching and then claiming not to believe in that religion.

    If you were a deep thinker, you could have made the distinction.


    Now I'm no theologian, but "pointing out the irony of government making laws and policy based on religious teaching and then claiming not to believe in that religion" sure seems like a religious discussion. Which is what's prohibited, as Nunn pointed out.

    "[D]ebating the existence or non-existence of a god [sic]" is prohibited, but only because it is a religious topic. Like "pointing out the irony of government making laws and policy based on religious teaching and then claiming not to believe in that religion."



    And I'm rather happy that I made the above statement without making any references to anybody's mental abilities or integrity.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,109 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:If you were a deep thinker, you could have made the distinction.
    Yeah? Maybe if you were one, you wouldn't poke the bear.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,233 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the "Sun" did it![:o)]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,965 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only thing Deep is Six on this topic
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 7,041
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:If you were a deep thinker, you could have made the distinction.
    Yeah? Maybe if you were one, you wouldn't poke the bear.



    LOL!!!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:If you were a deep thinker, you could have made the distinction.
    Yeah? Maybe if you were one, you wouldn't poke the bear.



    Nunn, If I actually chose to poke the bear, what makes you think you would even know it?
  • rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    or is that pig in a poke?[8] feewings have ben hut - you will be banished.

    a
    a
    a
    HH
    HHH
    HHHH H
    HHHHHH
    HHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHHH H
    H HHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

    H HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

    HHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H



    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H


    [xx(]




    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is most dire!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is someone looking for a suicide by cop?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rambo rebel
    or is that pig in a poke?[8] feewings have ben hut - you will be banished.

    a
    a
    a
    HH
    HHH
    HHHH H
    HHHHHH
    HHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH
    H HHHHHHHHHHHH H
    H HHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

    H HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

    HHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H



    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H


    [xx(]




    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]







    What the H?
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Somebody needs a huggie....
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Is someone looking for a suicide by cop?




    Hardly Don. In fact, I seldom post here anymore because few things pique my interests. However, when they do I just don't see a need to dumb down my post or tippy toe on an adult board.

    Knowing there are educated men that frequent this board on occasion, I genuinely was interested in hearing feedback on the religion/equality thing I posted about.
    That is why I was specific about deep thinkers only.
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Is someone looking for a suicide by cop?




    Hardly Don. In fact, I seldom post here anymore because few things pique my interests. However, when they do I just don't see a need to dumb down my post or tippy toe on an adult board.

    Knowing there are educated men that frequent this board on occasion, I genuinely was interested in hearing feedback on the religion/equality thing I posted about.
    That is why I was specific about deep thinkers only.


    But, this is not your board. This place belongs to somebody - they pay the bills, make the rules, and you and I are guests.

    It's clear to me that Nunn's a deep thinker, and highly intelligent. To say otherwise, is pure folly, in my eyes.

    But, even if I didn't hold this opinion of Nunn, I hardly think it wise to poke him in the chest.

    FWIW, just my thoughts.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Is someone looking for a suicide by cop?




    Hardly Don. In fact, I seldom post here anymore because few things pique my interests. However, when they do I just don't see a need to dumb down my post or tippy toe on an adult board.

    Knowing there are educated men that frequent this board on occasion, I genuinely was interested in hearing feedback on the religion/equality thing I posted about.
    That is why I was specific about deep thinkers only.


    Though I thought it a good philosophical discussion, p3, I did not see it a really all that deep. The rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution include no biblical reference as they are understood to be individual rights that are possessed/owned by the individual citizen. There is no suggestion of a source other than the person, the people, etc.

    Ours is in reality a Humanist government as evidenced through documentation. One can focus upon one line in a Declaration that was addressed to a supposedly divinely appointed sovereign if one wishes, but he preponderance of evidence, IMO, suggests that this is a throw-away line.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Is someone looking for a suicide by cop?




    Hardly Don. In fact, I seldom post here anymore because few things pique my interests. However, when they do I just don't see a need to dumb down my post or tippy toe on an adult board.

    Knowing there are educated men that frequent this board on occasion, I genuinely was interested in hearing feedback on the religion/equality thing I posted about.
    That is why I was specific about deep thinkers only.


    Though I thought it a good philosophical discussion, p3, I did not see it a really all that deep. The rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution include no biblical reference as they are understood to be individual rights that are possessed/owned by the individual citizen. There is no suggestion of a source other than the person, the people, etc.

    Going to the Declaration, where we see that Jefferson et al tell us that Government derive their powers from the people.

    Ours is in reality a Humanist government as evidenced through documentation. One can focus upon one line in a Declaration that was addressed to a supposedly divinely appointed sovereign if one wishes, but he preponderance of evidence, IMO, suggests that this is a throw-away line.


    I concur for the most part with your writing, but the US Constitution was a radical idea in world government at that time. Europe was astounded and alarmed and the French seized upon it just a few years later for themselves.
    But the ideas incorporated didn't just spring from nowhere and it's wrong of the CEO not to give credit where it's due.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,788
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)

    Very erudite, without being thoroughly loquacious, so as to obviate causing pesterment. Your efforts to enable perspicuity have revealed your perspicacity.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,497
    edited November -1
    If you google "religious forums", you will get 8,811,000 places to go.

    This is GUN broker.com forums.

    Keeping religious posts off this website is a wise decision.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    If you google "religious forums", you will get 8,811,000 places to go.

    This is GUN broker.com forums.

    Keeping religious posts off this website is a wise decision.


    If you google 'Humor Forums', you get 'About 22,500,000 results'.

    I accept the decision as wise from a business standpoint in that the acrimony many display when discussing faith can detract from the overall good-natured attitude displayed on the forum in every single other subject that is brought up.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    If you google "religious forums", you will get 8,811,000 places to go.

    This is GUN broker.com forums.

    Keeping religious posts off this website is a wise decision.


    If you google 'Humor Forums', you get 'About 22,500,000 results'.

    I accept the decision as wise from a business standpoint in that the acrimony many display when discussing faith can detract from the overall good-natured attitude displayed on the forum in every single other subject that is brought up.

    That's funny right there! Humor forum?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)

    Very erudite, without being thoroughly loquacious, so as to obviate causing pesterment. Your efforts to enable perspicuity have revealed your perspicacity.


    Cut that crap out. I'm wearing out my brand new dictionary! [8D]
  • wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,049 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]
    Very erudite, without being thoroughly loquacious, so as to obviate causing pesterment. Your efforts to enable perspicuity have revealed your perspicacity.
    [/quote]


    Now ya'll are sounding like Shela Jackson Lee.[:D]
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)

    Very erudite, without being thoroughly loquacious, so as to obviate causing pesterment. Your efforts to enable perspicuity have revealed your perspicacity.


    Cut that crap out. I'm wearing out my brand new dictionary! [8D]


    They done out ran my pocket dictionary, I had to break out the old hardback Webster's.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,233 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some one is spending to much time in the library. The Sun is the reason we live...[:o)]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least the discussion didn't devolve into arguments about safety triggers.[:I]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got a on line dictionary link with that post?
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)


    Thanks Rocky, That got a two thumbs up belly laugh. [:D][:D]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    [:p]
    Now THIS was befitting the kind of thread that should be prevalent on these boards. A valid (not vapid) exchange of ideas and opinions without a bunch of ego dung getting involved.

    BTW, I did learn a "couple" of new words today.[}:)]
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I thought it was a decent discussion, not obnubilated by mammothrepts nor hobbled by asperity. In other words, an admirable example of ratiocination.

    However, nunn's action was not that of a termagant and is undeserving of adumbration. Do not treat him captiously for what was a nugatory act.


    (How's that p3skyking?)


    Thanks Mr. Raab, I now have a headache[:D][:D][:D] Touche
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member, Moderator Posts: 16,645 ******
    edited November -1
    Play nice ....
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,788
    edited November -1
    We shall endeavor to supervene your gnostic and perspicacious expectancy.

    [;)]
Sign In or Register to comment.