In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What is your take on Jade Helm 15?

onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Politics
It's all over the net. This operation is to coordinate the military special forces with the local police in an effort to disarm the public and quell any social uprising. It's supposed to start 15 July 2015 and end 15 Sep 2015. What do you think?

Comments

• catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    It is to give the army practice for when they decide the constitution is not to there liking.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by onepopper
    What do you think?
    I think they should let 'er buck. I can't wait.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok for what reason..just cuz Obammy says so? Give me a break lol. This stuff has been on the net for at least the last 8 years that the Military was gonna start putting people in FEMA camps and disarming people. For one not every soldier or police officer will follow that order. And they would encounter resistance....to the extreme in some places.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Ok for what reason..just cuz Obammy says so? Give me a break lol. This stuff has been on the net for at least the last 8 years that the Military was gonna start putting people in FEMA camps and disarming people. For one not every soldier or police officer will follow that order. And they would encounter resistance....to the extreme in some places.

It is the kind of thing that is just plain crazy talk.

Until it happens.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Yes...

People get jaded to crazy talk.

And then somebody takes advantage of it.
  • DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Soldiers and law enforcement officers would never confiscate guns from citizens trying to protect themselves and their property from looters during a storm like Hurricane Katrina! That would NEVER happen. And, even if it did, the soldiers and LEO's would later be punished to the full extent of the law.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since the insurgent pocket is southern California along the border, maybe they will actually run the narco-terrorists out of the US...wishful thinking.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is a accurately reported, level headed examination of current inter-department tactics. In NO way is this an attempt to spin up the paranoid by the sky is falling merchants that are always right.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I just heard through my implant that they've moved up the start date to tonight at 11:30.
  • oledoc2uoledoc2u Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The liberal press just ran a special on the AR15. Prime time. Made it look like a cult following. Everyone has a black rifle, even our daughters and wives. So, if you know the public is so well armed, what better way to see what the actions would be if you run a fake drill. How will people react. No different than a mock mission prep. Obama has fired a lot of Generals. A lot. I am not one to yell the sky is falling, but 10 yrs ago I would have laughed at this. Not now. Not what 35 yrs in Law Enforcement has taught me. Even our police academy has changed it's training. More militaristic. More house to house drills. Katrina was a test in itself when police left their posts, and NG disarmed citizens defending their property from looters. I think it something we should watch and not trust. I would urge all Texans to turn them away. They need permission to enter private land and private property in general. Plenty of places to play Army other than the SW. A whole lot tax dollars being wasted.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's with the Wal Mart's being closed. Check out this footage. Lot of work just to make sure no one can se a Plumber working.

http://WTHrly.com/2015/04/19/closed-walmart-california-cops-guard-dock-entrances-video/#.VTR2GKa9vHg
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My take- When you plan for an operation there is always a "Dry Run of operations". Where is the best place to practice a "Dry Run simulator"? The very environment you will be in.