In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GMO survey

chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Politics
Conversation about GMOs brought up a comparison with Soylent Green. Just wondering how people feel about this.

1. If Human DNA was used to modify a food product and it is eaten by humans is that cannibalism?

2. If human DNA is used to make a vaccine and it is injected is that cannibalism?

3. If human DNA is used to make medicine taken orally is that cannibalism?

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get real. As disgusting as it may sound, anyone who eats prepared food consumes more human "matter" than what you are proposing. Hair, skin cells, saliva, mucus--all that can be found in restaurant food if you test it in depth. All those things are closer to body parts than DNA.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not in favor of consuming GMO foods without clear knowledge of the modification and its purpose. One GMO done to corn was to blend the bamboo gene into the stalks. The corn is less apt to get storm knockdown and that increases yields. That is good on the surface.

The Bamboo modified stalks however will pierce old style tire walls with ease; that is why tire sellers like me sell stubble resistant tires now at good profits. GMO makes me money, not sure how the food is nourishing my body and that bothers me greatly.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gmo's will feed the world or with the large unchecked population increase in underdeveloped countries millions will starve...dwarfing current famine problems... and consider the daily number of acres taken out of conventional production around the world