In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dead Texas terrorists - Images - Body Armor???????

ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
edited May 2015 in Politics
If you are squeamish, click away.

Question is, are they wearing body armor or just load carrying vests?

Scroll down to view.

DontyouJ_zps322bc96c.gif

A little more if you really want to look at dead people ...

DontyouJ_zps322bc96c.gif

Okay this effort inspired by this thread, didn't want to hijack it:
http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=652621
quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

Video has a good shot of the dead terrorists at ~2:00.
https://youtu.be/g-GG2D3b2EI

Garland01a_zpscfpbox1g.png

Garland02a_zpsk2iyr1mv.png

Garland03a_zpstg68nnjx.png

Garland04a_zpsrcrpyko2.png

I downloaded the highest resolution available of that video. But then could not get my software to take frames out as images. Used to work dammit.

So, played it online in YouTube. Went full screen, paused four frames starting about 1:58, did a Print Screen of each and pasted into Paint. Cropped with MS Office Picture Manager.

Anyway, armor or just load bearing vests? That's what I am wondering.

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe just vest , but getting shot in the head was amazing shooting so I guess it did not matter much except to push the no public citizen should be allowed to have body armor group rally
    and the ny ball cap was not much help
    wonder how the line of virgins is doing for them
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seeing dead terrorists doesn't bother me in the least.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see nothing to be squeamish over, it is a HAPPY TERRORIST photo.

They are dead, as they well deserve, the cop done real good!

The body armor is irrelevant when you get popped in the noggin.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those look like Tac Vests that are also plate carriers. I dont think they have plates in them at least this guy

Garland01a_zpscfpbox1g.png

You can see the fold in the material and if he had a plate in it I don't think it would fold like that. It could be "soft" plate armor but I don't think so.

The guy on his back I cannot tell. But I don't think so.

BTW those are now Good Terrorists and I love seeing Good Terrorists[:D]

Oh yea, you would think with all the Tactical ninja gear they would have at least has Black shoes on[;)]
    RLTW

• ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Didn't really think anyone here would be offended. But when showing dead people, I figure it's always best to offer fair warning.

I've read a lot of speculation that the officer made head shots on those two. But no official info on it yet. Imagine that will leak out eventually.

Anyway you look at it, the phrase "Good Shoot'n Tex!" surely does fit [:)]
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Looks like cheap eBay tac vests. Not even Molle webbed.
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever it was, it quite obviously wasn't enough.
    [xx(]barto[xx(]
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Texas they are now playing "Cowboys and Muslims".[;)][:D][:D]
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    They had all the gear but the officer had training which goes to prove that training trumps tacticool. [8D]
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad

serf

The chilling Tuesday post also boasts of ISIS having "71 trained soldiers in 15 different states ready at our word to attack." It specifically names Virginia, Maryland, Illinois, Michigan and California.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/isis-appears-threaten-pamela-geller-claims-militants-article-1.2211913
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like cardboard duct taped into place and spray painted with tacticool camo.

Or I could be wrong.

What's certain is that their "Kevlar" knit caps were insufficient.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad

Drawn them out and shoot them down! It had to be on Texas soil too! All this is going to do is escalate the carnage like in/on 9/11.

The Illuminati will give ISIS the means to inflict a huge hit like 9/11 and Iran or Syria will be accused of helping and all will hell break out. But not Saudi Arabia or Kuwait any other America ally!

serf

Dude, seriously, time to check your medication levels. You may have missed a dose.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Let's see...

Silent, immobile, horizontal, terrorists. What's the downside here? And we're questioning their vests? The best I can tell is the vests did their job. They didn't let much of the goo out. Cleanup was much easier than had they not worn vests.[:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe

Dude, seriously, time to check your medication levels. You may have missed a dose.

You are assuming he had received a diagnosis and sought treatment. [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Yeah tell him wise guy and while your at it check out Bin Laden family name on 9/11 there in Saudi Arabia ! Of course with your your blinders on I doubt it will do any good! I doubt you can refute the evidence if you had too![:D]

serf

http://nypost.com/2013/12/15/inside-the-saudi-911-coverup/

President Bush inexplicably censored 28 full pages of the 800-page report

HERNDON, VA.: On the eve of the attacks, top Saudi government official Saleh Hussayen checked into the same Marriott Residence Inn near Dulles Airport as three of the Saudi hijackers who targeted the Pentagon. Hussayen had left a nearby hotel to move into the hijackers' hotel. Did he meet with them? The FBI never found out. They let him go after he "feigned a seizure," one agent recalled. (Hussayen's name doesn't appear in the separate 9/11 Commission Report, which clears the Saudis.)

SARASOTA, FLA.: 9/11 ringleader Mohamed Atta and other hijackers visited a home owned by Esam Ghazzawi, a Saudi adviser to the nephew of King Fahd. FBI agents investigating the connection in 2002 found that visitor logs for the gated community and photos of license tags matched vehicles driven by the hijackers. Just two weeks before the 9/11 attacks, the Saudi luxury home was abandoned. Three cars, including a new Chrysler PT Cruiser, were left in the driveway. Inside, opulent furniture was untouched.

Democrat Bob Graham, the former Florida senator who chaired the Joint Inquiry, has asked the FBI for the Sarasota case files, but can't get a single, even heavily redacted, page released. He says it's a "coverup."

The Saudis deny any role in 9/11, but the CIA in one memo reportedly found "incontrovertible evidence" that Saudi government officials - not just wealthy Saudi hardliners, but high-level diplomats and intelligence officers employed by the kingdom - helped the hijackers both financially and logistically. The intelligence files cited in the report directly implicate the Saudi embassy in Washington and consulate in Los Angeles in the attacks, making 9/11 not just an act of terrorism, but an act of war
    edited November -1

Yeah tell him wise guy and while your at it check out Bin Laden family name on 9/11 there in Saudi Arabia ! Of course with your your blinders on I doubt it will do any good! I doubt you can refute the evidence if you had too![:D]

serf

HERNDON, VA.: On the eve of the attacks, top Saudi government official Saleh Hussayen checked into the same Marriott Residence Inn near Dulles Airport as three of the Saudi hijackers who targeted the Pentagon. Hussayen had left a nearby hotel to move into the hijackers' hotel. Did he meet with them? The FBI never found out. They let him go after he "feigned a seizure," one agent recalled. (Hussayen's name doesn't appear in the separate 9/11 Commission Report, which clears the Saudis.)

SARASOTA, FLA.: 9/11 ringleader Mohamed Atta and other hijackers visited a home owned by Esam Ghazzawi, a Saudi adviser to the nephew of King Fahd. FBI agents investigating the connection in 2002 found that visitor logs for the gated community and photos of license tags matched vehicles driven by the hijackers. Just two weeks before the 9/11 attacks, the Saudi luxury home was abandoned. Three cars, including a new Chrysler PT Cruiser, were left in the driveway. Inside, opulent furniture was untouched.

Democrat Bob Graham, the former Florida senator who chaired the Joint Inquiry, has asked the FBI for the Sarasota case files, but can't get a single, even heavily redacted, page released. He says it's a "coverup."

The Saudis deny any role in 9/11, but the CIA in one memo reportedly found "incontrovertible evidence" that Saudi government officials - not just wealthy Saudi hardliners, but high-level diplomats and intelligence officers employed by the kingdom - helped the hijackers both financially and logistically. The intelligence files cited in the report directly implicate the Saudi embassy in Washington and consulate in Los Angeles in the attacks, making 9/11 not just an act of terrorism, but an act of war

Not your only option ...
    screen_shot_2012-03-27_at_09.47.28.png
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nord
    Let's see...

Silent, immobile, horizontal, terrorists. What's the downside here? And we're questioning their vests? The best I can tell is the vests did their job. They didn't let much of the goo out. Cleanup was much easier than had they not worn vests.[:D]

Not questioning, only curious. I know there's lots of speculation these were headshots, but we don't really know that. Those are guesses based on the reporters saying they had "body armor".

For example, if the officer realized he was seeing simple load bearing vests and then went for center mass, that further displays his coolness under fire.

Or, if he reacted to what he thought were bullet resistant vests, his going for head shots is a whole 'nother level of coolness under fire.

Will be very interesting to read where the wounds were, and why.
    edited November -1

serf

Not your only option ...
    screen_shot_2012-03-27_at_09.47.28.png

I see your familiar with your meds however you have failed to debate/refute who is funding ISIS and that in 9/11 it is proven The The Saudi Arabia people where! You cannot discuss it for you know you can't!

serf

http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-isis-islamic-state-united-states-299047

Saudi officials don't like to talk about it, but experts who closely follow developments inside the kingdom say ISIS enjoys growing support among ordinary Saudis, who see the group as the true champion of embattled Sunnis in their sectarian struggles against the Shiite-led governments in Iran and elsewhere. For many Saudis, ISIS also stands for a righteous, austere brand of Islam, while the royal family, they believe, is irredeemably corrupt.

Now, after years of condemning yet turning a blind eye to jihadists fighting against the Bashar Assad regime in Syria, the kingdom's leaders are increasingly worried about support for ISIS at home. Saudi Arabia's concerns are so strong they've even prompted Riyadh to reenergize its relationship with the United States-the only country that can guarantee its security. As Frederic Wehrey, a Middle East expert at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, put it, "It's like that line in the movie Ghostbusters: `Who you gonna call?'"

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/15/saudi-arabia-911-and-the-rise-of-isis/

The rise of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isis) has been aided by the continuing failure of the US Government to investigate the role of Saudi Arabia in the 9/11 attacks and its support of jihadi movements such as al-Qaeda in the years since, says former Senator Bob Graham, the co-chairman of the official inquiry into 9/11.

Senator Graham, who chaired the Senate Intelligence Committee, said that successive administrations in Washington had turned a blind eye to Saudi support for Sunni extremists. He added: "I believe that the failure to shine a full light on Saudi actions and particularly its involvement in 9/11 has contributed to the Saudi ability to continue to engage in actions that are damaging to the US - and in particular their support for Isis.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Mr. serf:

CaptFun has asked us to confine "tin-foil hat conspiracy crap" to the Politics forum.

So, please do so.