In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Little Ruckus Down In Waco

2»

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:I have family & friends who live near Waco, and several are members of the Bandidos MC.

I don't believe I'd have told that!

bandidolarge.gif

Patch of the REAL Bandidos, Charlie Company, 1/16 Infantry, in existence since WWI and known as Bandidos since WWII.

The criminal gang stole the name.

l_bbc71f6ee14fa6d2d1b6cc957ad2df61.jpg

companywithpepsiproducts.jpg

CompanyPicture.jpg

REAL Bandidos!
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brian Williams has stated that he was trying to mediate the meeting between the gangs and the trouble started when he accidentally exposed his glock.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brush with 1%ers came in 1976 when I was running a saloon in CA. About 40 patch wearing bikers showed up one night and tore the place apart. Funny how I can't recall the name of the club after all these years but it was a locally based group.

A couple was having sex on the sidewalk in front of the bar. A couple fistfights broke out between members. They trashed the place in general and terrified the band and the other employees. They cut the phones lines into the building and this was long before cell phones. I sent the bartender out the back door to find a phone and call the cops. I had a short Mossberg pump behind the bar and a 1911 under my shirt. I was under no illusion that I could get all of them if they made a determined rush. My hope was that after half a dozen fell maybe they would retreat. Otherwise it was a matter of how many I could take down before they swarmed over me.

The bartender slipped back in the rear entry just about the same time the first two officers arrived through the front door. The change was amazing. The room fell silent. Two more cops came in and it was clear the bikers had no desire to screw with them. They filed out and rode away.

New rule after that. MCs had to be parked in the lot around back, not at the curb out front. The hardcore bikers didn't want to park in back. Also banned "colors" in the bar. They never want to remove them.

I confess that for a few minutes I really thought I was going to die that night.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTW- Little Rock paper says the Banditos started it with the Cossacks, the Scimitars and 2 other groups.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am curious to find out how many were plugged by the Cops.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nun wrote:

"I don't believe I'd have told that!"

Why David?

I don't hang with them, I have not had much contact with any of them for several years, but they are still family, and a few friends who would do anything for me if asked. One of them is 78 years old and has been a Bandido since they started in 1966. He rides to Sturgis ever year on an old ridged frame Pan Head.

I'll be going down there next week. I'll hear all about it I'm sure.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    My brush with 1%ers came in 1976 when I was running a saloon in CA. About 40 patch wearing bikers showed up one night and tore the place apart. Funny how I can't recall the name of the club after all these years but it was a locally based group.

A couple was having sex on the sidewalk in front of the bar. A couple fistfights broke out between members. They trashed the place in general and terrified the band and the other employees. They cut the phones lines into the building and this was long before cell phones. I sent the bartender out the back door to find a phone and call the cops. I had a short Mossberg pump behind the bar and a 1911 under my shirt. I was under no illusion that I could get all of them if they made a determined rush. My hope was that after half a dozen fell maybe they would retreat. Otherwise it was a matter of how many I could take down before they swarmed over me.

The bartender slipped back in the rear entry just about the same time the first two officers arrived through the front door. The change was amazing. The room fell silent. Two more cops came in and it was clear the bikers had no desire to screw with them. They filed out and rode away.

New rule after that. MCs had to be parked in the lot around back, not at the curb out front. The hardcore bikers didn't want to park in back. Also banned "colors" in the bar. They never want to remove them.

I confess that for a few minutes I really thought I was going to die that night.

We have the Pagans, the fools,Wheels of soul,Outlaws,and the Warlocks all in Atco,NJ where I live. The hells Angels got run out of here and Philly a few years ago after a shooting on the schuylkill expressway in philly. All our bars have a "No Colors" sign on the doors. The Pagans own the Last chance saloon about a block from us. Never any trouble from any of them towards citizens, as long as you don't bother them. Donna's brother is a Pagan. They have been to our house and fixed my son's quad and my motorcycle. I put the hVAC in their club house and they paid me more then I asked. Most are just older guys now looking to just live in peace. You still have some of the young punks that ride with them, but for the most part, there okay towards the citizens of Atco and the surrounding area. Would I want them as a next door neighbor??? Hell no. [:D] But they have never bothered us.The only time we ever had any trouble was when the hells angels were around. Glad they are gone.Oakie
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I have seen, biker gangs aren't much different from any other 'gangs'. How tough the members are is directly proportional to how many of them there are in any one place. The more there are, the tougher they get.

I do think it is pretty funny to see the grey hair-n-potbelly crowd still acting like teenage boys.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

We have the Pagans, the fools,Wheels of soul,Outlaws,and the Warlocks all in Atco,NJ where I live. The hells Angels got run out of here and Philly a few years ago after a shooting on the schuylkill expressway in philly. All our bars have a "No Colors" sign on the doors. The Pagans own the Last chance saloon about a block from us. Never any trouble from any of them towards citizens, as long as you don't bother them. Donna's brother is a Pagan. They have been to our house and fixed my son's quad and my motorcycle. I put the hVAC in their club house and they paid me more then I asked. Most are just older guys now looking to just live in peace. You still have some of the young punks that ride with them, but for the most part, there okay towards the citizens of Atco and the surrounding area. Would I want them as a next door neighbor??? Hell no. [:D] But they have never bothered us.The only time we ever had any trouble was when the hells angels were around. Glad they are gone.Oakie

We have Pagans around here...dirty, nasty...one on one they act like most anyone else, like Dad says their attitude is directly related to how large a group they are traveling in. They are violent criminals and unpredictable irregardless of how many toys for tots runs and other PR stunts they try to pull to enhance their image.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shooting zombies just for the sheer joy of it will sadly probably never possible. I imagine shooting outlaw bikers would probably give you 99.9% of the experience. I imagine some of those cops wish they'd brought along a few extra mags.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took a couple of classes in college from a former ATF agent named Bill Bertolani. He worked for years as an undercover agent that infiltrated an outlaw MC in CA. Showed us pics and told us lots of stories that would get the hair on your neck to stand up.

Make no mistake, 1%er's are 100% criminals. Not only are they involved in guns, drugs and prostitution but they also make hits for their Italian counterparts. Toys for Tots rides are 100% bs as stated.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    This was a Confederation of Clubs Meeting. That's one of the reasons there were so many different groups there.

They have them all the time in different states and all are peaceful.

Is club I saw when looking at photos of this. Leathernecks MC.

http://txcocinews.org/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Nun (sic) wrote:

"I don't believe I'd have told that!"

Why David?

I don't hang with them, I have not had much contact with any of them for several years, but they are still family, and a few friends who would do anything for me if asked. One of them is 78 years old and has been a Bandido since they started in 1966. He rides to Sturgis ever year on an old ridged frame Pan Head.

I'll be going down there next week. I'll hear all about it I'm sure.

Well sir, one does not get to pick one's family, but we do choose the people we call "friends," and we are known by the company we choose to keep. "Birds of a feather..." and all that.

Maybe you have a different definition for "friend" than I do, but I wouldn't call a member of a criminal organization a "friend."
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know of a few "clubs" that do ride, and are some of the most outstanding people I know, no crime, no prostitution, just hard working folks the feel the need, nothing I feel personally to be a part of, but I have participated in more than one event with them, and will continue to do so

sure they get high and smoke cigs, get drunk and do barrel handstands, but they also do legitimate toy drives as well as fund raising, I would trust any one of those guys with my life, they often drive 240 miles to see me, and pic up my sauce, and hot peppers, drink a few {smoke one on the side} {not me} and head back

few years ago I drove there for my wifes best cousins funeral, I never felt such love and honesty {only member of her family I really liked}
  • Options
    edited November -1
    David,

You come across a bit condescending in your post. I guess your entitled to your opinion, but you don't have a right to judge me, my past, friends, or family.

Are you saying that as birds of a feather I'm of the same flock? That would make you about as wrong as you have ever been.

However, I would trust some of those I call friends a lot more than a whole lot of fellow LEO's I have had to work with.

I ride a bike, I wear a back patch too, and it's for the Christian Motorcycle Association (CMA).

We make it or duty to rub elbows with the likes of the 1% Outlaw Biker world. Most are in dire need of what we offer them. Our prison ministry is a big part of what we do. They show us respect, and we return the favor, but at times it is at arms length. You must know your boundaries when sharing time with OMC members.

I was raised among members of the Outlaw Biker community. I saw the rise of the Bandidos MC during the 60's & 70's closer then a youngster should have. I saw first hand the blood thirsty disrespect they showed other bikers, LEO's & the average citizen. I was determined not to end up like most of those I knew back then. That is why I became an LEO, and because of that I cut ties with most everyone I knew back then.

But, like you said you can't pick your family, and with family comes friends of old that will always be there. Like I told DPS & the FBI back in the 80's when asked "I don't hang around them & we don't contact each other, but they have never done wrong by me, nor I by them!"

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trinity, I meant no offense. I only meant that I cannot, will not associate with known criminals. If your influence can turn some of them around, more power to you.

A long time ago, we hired a guy that had family ties to an outlaw gang. He claimed he didn't associate with them, so he got through the oral board and he passed his background. Only months later, he was caught associating with outlaw bikers, convicted felons, known criminals, a big no-no. He didn't make his probationary year.

I have seen some of these yahoos in places of business, on the road, and at gun shows, and usually, they have been civil, even friendly, but they are not people I would turn my back on.

And, it does appear that you and I have different definitions of the term "friend." If I have to keep someone at "arms length," he is not a friend. He may be an acquaintance, even an associate, but not a friend.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many of them were legally carrying?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe they were Constitutionally-carrying!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Point made David, I agree sir.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Turns out the gun fight was a result of Biker mafia type activity and the Cossaks were the victims. According to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXx3tjJ7dMg
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Maybe they were Constitutionally-carrying!

You mean Sovereign Citizens. Right? It's all a play on words and in the end the winner writes the History! Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"!!

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I mean nothing of the sort. Sovereign Citizens are nutjobs, every one of them.

My remark maybe should have been in green. It was a good-natured jab at those who post here, and who sincerely believe that they don't need any sort of permit to go armed. Usually, these folks would restore all rights, including the right to be armed, to convicted felons upon their release.
  • Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sign found in nearly every bar in Daytona:

No Colors
    No Weapons
    No Attitude

I generally ignore the second one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I mean nothing of the sort. Sovereign Citizens are nutjobs, every one of them.

My remark maybe should have been in green. It was a good-natured jab at those who post here, and who sincerely believe that they don't need any sort of permit to go armed. Usually, these folks would restore all rights, including the right to be armed, to convicted felons upon their release.

Bought my first Hand gun in WA state 7 days ago. FIVE Day waiting period for sheriff department background check in progress but due to transfer from Idaho to WA my firearm and the holiday it will be a ten day wait. Almost identical to the process to buy the gun as to get the permit.

If they will allow the sale of the firearm it stands to reason there should be no permit required to carry it. They got 51 dollars and some cents for the permit. Maybe that is the real reason.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    Hummmm ~ and this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/21/bikers-shown-fleeing-gunfire-guiding-others-to-safety-in-security-video-from/?intcmp=latestnews

[:0][?]

Business owners are saying basically the police showed up and other then one biker were responsible for what was described as firing thousands of rounds. Must have been hundreds maybe. Looks like police just went in Brazilian style and started shooting anything on it's feet dressed in leather.