In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jade Helm update

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Politics
It seems as though Jade Helm is getting some national press now. I can't imagine that the Pentagon or WH is very pleased that so many Americans, and Politicians are talking about this exercise in such a public fashion.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/06/jade-helm-military-exercise-causing-political-firestorm-in-texas-western-states/?intcmp=latestnews

A massive military exercise planned in states across the American West has touched off a political firestorm, with several top Texas officials now questioning the military's plans - if only to calm the Internet and constituent furor surrounding it.

The seven-state war simulation exercise, known as "Jade Helm 15," is planned for this summer. It involves training exercises on private and public land - while such exercises are hardly unique, even the military acknowledges the "size and scope" of this one sets it apart.

While the White House and Pentagon are downplaying concerns, this hasn't stopped a barrage of blogs and tweets warning about whether the federal government is preparing for "martial law." Even actor Chuck Norris is keeping his "eyes of a ranger" on the situation.

Western-state officials are now caught between a desire to calm their residents - and yet not appear to stoke any conspiracy theories.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott already has asked the State Guard to monitor the training exercises, after officials faced worried residents at a packed town hall meeting.

This alone triggered accusations that the Republican governor is "pandering to idiots."

On Monday, the governor defended his actions. "There was, frankly, an overreaction to the simple fact that someone has to be in charge with gathering and disseminating information," said Abbott, speaking to reporters. "We stepped in to play that role, which is a role to be applauded."

On Tuesday, Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert also released a lengthy statement saying his office has been "inundated" with calls on the matter.

"This military practice has some concerned that the U.S. Army is preparing for modern-day martial law," he said. "Certainly, I can understand these concerns."

At the same time, Gohmert said he understands why military officials want to test whether Special Forces groups can move around a civilian population and handle various threat scenarios.

Gohmert explained that his concerns stem from the way the military is approaching the exercise. He cited a widely circulated map which details the seven states that are part of the exercise - California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Texas. The map has Utah and Texas colored red and labels them "hostile." It labels other states as "permissive," leaning hostile" and "leaning friendly."

Gohmert said he was "rather appalled" that the "hostile" areas "have a Republican majority, `cling to their guns and religion,' and believe in the sanctity of the United States Constitution."

He called this an "affront" to residents there and urged the military to change its approach and tone. "The map of the exercise needs to change, the names on the map need to change, and the tone of the exercise needs to be completely revamped so the federal government is not intentionally practicing war against its own states," he said.

And Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a Republican presidential candidate, told Bloomberg he's reached out to the Pentagon to "inquire about this exercise." He said he has no reason to doubt the Pentagon's assurances, but he understands residents' concerns - and backs Abbott's actions.

But the White House and Pentagon are pushing back. Last week, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said he has "no idea what [Abbott is] thinking."

"In no way will the constitutional rights or civil liberties of any American citizen be infringed upon while this exercise is being conducted," Earnest said.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren likewise said it "poses no threat" to civil liberties.

"This is a several weeks long training exercise with the purpose to refine the skills of our special operations forces," he said, while batting back "strange Internet conspiracy theories" and "wild speculation" about the operation.

Special Operations Command said in a March press release that the exercise, from July 15 through Sept. 15, will only take place on "pre-coordinated" public and private lands - with permission from landowners and officials. Much of it would be in "remote areas," though residents may see an uptick in "vehicle and military air traffic and its associated noise."

An official with Special Operations Command also told Fox 13 Salt Lake City that the purpose was to replicate "potential terrain" soldiers might find themselves in overseas. As for labeling states like Utah "hostile," the official said that was part of the design. "It is fictional and is not intended to represent any belief that the state of Utah is hostile," the official said.

The politics have gotten tricky for western state lawmakers, however, as it puts them between concerned residents and America's soldiers.

In Texas, Democratic Party Deputy Executive Director Manny Garcia called on Abbott to apologize to the military, accusing the governor of giving "credence to conspiracy theorists by ordering the Texas State Guard to monitor U.S. military operations."

Meanwhile, Chuck Norris, a.k.a. "Walker, Texas Ranger," is backing up the governor.

Writing on the conservative website WorldNetDaily, he said: "Concerned Texans and Americans are in no way calling into question our brave and courageous men and women in uniform. They are merely following orders. What's under question are those who are pulling the strings at the top of Jade Helm 15 back in Washington. The U.S. government says, `It's just a training exercise.' But I'm not sure the term `just' has any reference to reality when the government uses it."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments

• Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    I can not imagine that the defense department is so flush with cash that they can even afford to do this. Can you imagine what this is going to cost, much less the accidents that are going to happen to peoples property. I think the defense department is going to be sorry.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catgunguy
    I can not imagine that the defense department is so flush with cash that they can even afford to do this. Can you imagine what this is going to cost, much less the accidents that are going to happen to peoples property. I think the defense department is going to be sorry.

You are joking right? The defense dept has no money at all, they are spending taxpayers cash, so why would it matter to them one bit how much things cost, not like they wont be given more. [:)]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm having a hard time imagining more ado about nothing than this.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Machiavelli said it best,

(I'll have to paraphrase, here)

"If you don't have an enemy, create one"

The sheep who subscribe to Infowars and its ilk will believe anything, however fanciful and easy to refute, as long as it somehow fits into their weird reality.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many will not be in uniform, they'll be blending in with the locals, wearing cowboy hats, jeans, some will drive older pickup trucks, new Mustangs, etc. etc. some will wear long hair, ponytails, business suits, females will be dressed as ...women [:0].....I may get in trouble if I say how I know.........I don't need nor want any trouble [;)] [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas will not be taken over this summer.

The Jade Helm SOF exercise is only a reconnaissance in force designed to gauge the submissiveness of the population and the to better map the terrain.

There are continued calls for secession within Texas, and the Pentagon has confirmed that for this exercise, it is considered a hostile state. It would be foolish for the U.S. Military to be unprepared if it becomes necessary to stop a secession by force.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

The Jade Helm SOF exercise is only a reconnaissance in force designed to gauge the submissiveness of the population and the to better map the terrain.

There are continued calls for secession within Texas, and the Pentagon has confirmed that for this exercise, it is considered a hostile state. It would be foolish for the U.S. Military to be unprepared if it becomes necessary to stop a secession by force.

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theory, I'm not wearing a tin foil hat or any of the other crazy nonsense but I am curious about your last sentence.

This country is "By the people for the people", if the people want to change the government or seperate thier state(s) from a power hungry government why would the backing of a hostile government intervention be necassary? If the people want it then that is thier right. I will say I am growing more and more fearfull of the government and the militerization of our police. Even as a non conspiracy believing person I am a tad concerned. Who's side is our fed on? Thier own or the peoples?
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theory, I'm not wearing a tin foil hat or any of the other crazy nonsense but I am curious about your last sentence.

This country is "By the people for the people", if the people want to change the government or seperate thier state(s) from a power hungry government why would the backing of a hostile government intervention be necassary? If the people want it then that is thier right. I will say I am growing more and more fearfull of the government and the militerization of our police. Even as a non conspiracy believing person I am a tad concerned. Who's side is our fed on? Thier own or the peoples?
    Some folks thought that same principle about 150 years ago. See how well it worked for them. Joining the Union is like enlisting in the military for life. You can join, with THEIR concurrence. But, unfortunately, the Constitution fails to lay out any procedures for dropping your membership in the club. If you try to make your own rules and leave, it's like making your own enlistment contract and walking away when you feel like it. The powers-that-be somehow don't condone that and use force to keep you in. So, I would warn prospective joiners, such as Guam or Puerto Rico, think hard about this. Once you join, you are in forever.[;)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Just remember the words of the Great Liar, Abraham Lincoln, in his Gettysburg Address:

...-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

The U.S. Civil War was a war to deny the peoples of the Southern States the right to create a government of, by and for the people of the Southern States. Lincoln was smart enough to know exactly what he was saying in this address.

Years before he became President, Lincoln thought a bit differently (regarding Texas in this case)

~ Lincoln, in his Special Message
    to Congress July 4 1861.

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize, and make their own of so much of the territory as they inhabit. More than this, a majority of any portion of such people may revolutionize, putting down a minority, intermingled with, or near about them, who may oppose their movements."

Lincoln thus personifies the evil that is power once gained and wielded. It has either corrupted entirely his once correct view of the relationship between a state and its peoples, or it has corrupted him in that he is, by 1864, capable of pronouncing publicly that which he knows to be criminally untrue.

Separatists are not viewed kindly in the U.S. of A. today. History may very well tell us how the Federal Government will react to Texas seceding a second time.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    20$ says somebody flies a Pink Floyd balloon through it

(giant inflatable pig)
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm sorry Red but if you have to ask them you really need to pull the blinders off

The Fed has been on their own side for years
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone that believes this "exercise" is for the good the people just will line up for their evening soylent green, dessert, and turn on the tv
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should carry this kind a play out in jacked up areas. I say Detroit, Cleaveland and other areas like them. With live fire zones for effect.

Personally I reckon they're training them to round up folks original "red Dawn" style.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost forgot. Jade Helm, huh? Sounds like the Chinese are behind it.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bet the govt "exercise" would be blown away in detroit, st louis, baltimore, poopcago,...pick spots with the least danger
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Just remember the words of the Great Liar, Abraham Lincoln, in his Gettysburg Address:

...-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

The U.S. Civil War was a war to deny the peoples of the Southern States the right to create a government of, by and for the people of the Southern States. Lincoln was smart enough to know exactly what he was saying in this address.

Years before he became President, Lincoln thought a bit differently (regarding Texas in this case)

~ Lincoln, in his Special Message
    to Congress July 4 1861.

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize, and make their own of so much of the territory as they inhabit. More than this, a majority of any portion of such people may revolutionize, putting down a minority, intermingled with, or near about them, who may oppose their movements."

Lincoln thus personifies the evil that is power once gained and wielded. It has either corrupted entirely his once correct view of the relationship between a state and its peoples, or it has corrupted him in that he is, by 1864, capable of pronouncing publicly that which he knows to be criminally untrue.

Separatists are not viewed kindly in the U.S. of A. today. History may very well tell us how the Federal Government will react to Texas seceding a second time.

[:D][:D][:D]

"Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo." [^][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Hardly a comforting thought Don.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    May I ask who are all the folks participating and where are they from?

To me it seems like our troops are a bit thin now, so are they going to have massive call ups or bring in UN commies?

I just dont see the numbers working well.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know some interesting things are going on around this part of Texas. I live close to Red River Army Depot and several 'interesting' things are happening there. RRAD is used by Army reserves & National Guard units for their 2 week training at times but there has never been any large numbers of Regular Army there. Within the past few weeks large numbers of Regular Army have been moved in, also seen were Navy & Air Force personel and there sure not known to have been there before. Lots of rebuilt equipment is being shipped out. I've heard other things but don't think I need to post it on an open forum. Something is up in Texa is all I can say.

At least some of our politicians are concerned. Here's A quote from Texas Gov. Abbott: "We did not bow down to a distant crown then.... And we will not relinquish our freedoms to an all-controlling federal government now."
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32625632

Is that "breaking" news?
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1

It would be hypocritical for the President to take any action against a state when he has supported Power by the people to vote themselves free of larger governments or leadership in other nations around the world. Kosovo, the arab spring Etc.

If Texas has the votes the Feds can pound salt.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

It would be hypocritical for the President to take any action against a state when he has supported Power by the people to vote themselves free of larger governments or leadership in other nations around the world. Kosovo, the arab spring Etc.

If Texas has the votes the Feds can pound salt.

The establishment with The NWO would rig the vote with propaganda and hell with 20 million Hispanics in Texas ,Mexico can just annex it![:o)] The day of Anglo Saxons having their own government is over.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ran across this post on Facebook

Melody Black shared her post.
    6 mins

Melody Black
    The Need for Jade Helm Secrecy

Can you imagine if Jade Helm forces were to be told the following in their briefings?
    1.The Trans Pacific Partnership will bring down the U.S. government and cause a collapse of the dollar.
    2.You are the martial law force and as such you will be facing an angry and hungry public armed with guns.
    3.The Special Operations Forces will extract and/or eliminate as many opposition leaders as possible.
    4.Conventional units, such as the 82 Airborne, operating under the auspices of DHS, will impose martial law once the extractions are complete.
    5.Riot control measures will be in effect including the assassination of perceived public protest leaders. Snipers will be employed for this purpose.
    6.The troops will be told that most of the protestors are domestic terrorists in an attempt to depersonalize them in the eyes of the troops, thus making it likely that lethal force will be ordered and complied with.
    7.Jade Helm will assist in the transition between the former United States and the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). This is what some who are running Jade Helm believe is the ultimate goal of Jade Helm.

amerika 3

Number 7 hit me like a punch in the gut. I had never considered the fact that Jade Helm would be remotely connected to the TPP. In hindsight, it makes perfect sense. Let's go back to the soldiers' compliance for a moment. If a field commander, or a soldier, were to be placed in a crisis decision situation, the less time a soldier has to decide, the less likely they are to disobey the order to fire on their fellow Americans. It makes perfect sense that Jade Helm would have to be clouded in secrecy because of this factor. This fact exponentially increases the need to get the word out far and wide as this will reach the soldiers and they can begin to consider how they are going to honor their oath and disobey direct orders to fire on American citizens.

Conclusion

Military secrets are fleeting because people love to talk. It is surprising that Jade Helm has been able to maintain "radio silence" for this long. However, the intense scrutiny that Jade Helm is being put under has provided an atmosphere where troops, engaged in troublesome training activities, are more likely to speak out.

The next part in this series will include the tying together of Jade Helm, the TPP and UN Gun Ban Treaty.
    Dave Hodges
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    They will be near me in the Texas hill country so please dont be miffied if I beg to differ.

If you are not wearing a blue helmet
    I hear it's easier to blend in as an observer.

feel free to differ all you want. It's your right and I won't be miffed in the least. Just be aware that the military routinely performs exercises in various forms near me all the time. It's a real snooze fest.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And as has been happening those routinely performed exercises have been going live.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not in the US they haven't.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And as has been happening those routinely performed exercises have been going live.

Sources, please.
  • Options
    edited November -1

9/11, Oklahoma, Sandy Hook, Boston Bombing just to name a few.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This lady thinks she's found the meaning of J.A.D.E. H.E.L.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo_IHuAJxIw
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update! Military Convoy with Microwave Weapons !

serf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqVHHF-SuCk
  • Options
    edited November -1

Right, and if I recall correctly the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause and Father Time were all there doing their thing too.[:o)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    More Government militarization of Police forces and getting ready for the NWO takeover with The UN.

serf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lbmKnhmow4

To top it off the media has been restricted from any kind of embedded reporting to provide Transparency for the drills.

Now you can add this drill to the long list of domestic training exercises that have occurred so far this year. FEMA Camp Roundup drills in Florida, martial law training in California, Marines Prepping for Riot Control in Virginia and of course the mother of all drills JADE HELM.

This is another glaring example of the militarization of local police nationwide who have received nearly half a billion dollars in military equipment from the department of defense.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

serf

Uhhhhh....how do you know they are microwave weapons, serf ?

Sound cannons and Microwave generators are crowd control devices, I believe it's indeed a microwave generator device.

serf

http://rt.com/news/weapon-us-microwave-cannon-363/

The US military say this weapon's injury risk is far lower than other weapons like rubber bullets or pepper spray. The ray does not cause cancer or exacerbate existing cancer, nor does it causes fertility problems or birth defects. That is according to Stephanie Miller, with the biological effects branch of the Air Force Research Laboratory as quoted by Stars and Stripes web edition
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they were to start building the big shower houses and crematoriums people will deny it's happening just like they did last time?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Right, and if I recall correctly the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause and Father Time were all there doing their thing too.[:o)]

Ignoring the facts of the matter does not chance the facts of the matter. Further when someone demands another member qualify something and it's done but the result is what we see with your posts why should I entertain these demands?

Do you come here for discussion or just to cause chaos in discourse?
  • Options
    edited November -1

serf

Uhhhhh....how do you know they are microwave weapons, serf ?

Sound cannons and Microwave generators are crowd control devices, I believe it's indeed a microwave generator device.

serf

http://rt.com/news/weapon-us-microwave-cannon-363/

The US military say this weapon's injury risk is far lower than other weapons like rubber bullets or pepper spray. The ray does not cause cancer or exacerbate existing cancer, nor does it causes fertility problems or birth defects. That is according to Stephanie Miller, with the biological effects branch of the Air Force Research Laboratory as quoted by Stars and Stripes web edition

This things have a lot of exposed hardware on top of the vehicles. A molotov cocktail with some styrofoam melted by the gas inside would do wonders on them if you can get one on the target with any chance of living to do so.

Assuming the people behind it are engaged in forcing tyranny on the people and it's not just a training mission.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone put it past Obama to intentionally bring ISIS into the country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsCPD05qUts
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UN trucks all over the place. What is up? Think maybe this guy's speculation is onto something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pJ6Y4gdjAc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UN trucks all over the place. What is up? Think maybe this guy's speculation is onto something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pJ6Y4gdjAc

Well those motorcycle gangs sure help their cause when they had a shoot out here in Texas! Gun violence by a bunch of white want'a be's!

They sure ain't no minute men fighting a just cause for sure! Obama could get some traction out of this one!

serf

9 dead in Texas biker brawl

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/texas-shooting/index.html

Gunfire erupted Sunday among rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas, leaving at least nine people dead, according to police.