In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ireland has happy marriage and I'm ok with that

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited June 2015 in Politics
Recently, Ireland voted to allow happy marriage nation wide.

While as a Catholic I'm opposed to it, I told my dad that I fully supported Ireland. He was rather taken aback.

My answer was simple. "They voted for it. They didn't have some liberal judges force it down their throat AGAINST the will of the voters."

I don't want to get high and mighty, but I can separate my own convictions from the will of the people.

Thing is, the people in the US shoot it down every time it comes up.

Forget reforming the electoral college, we need to hold judges accountable...[}:)]

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    ....you know the autocorrect really gets on my nerves at times... we can have a topic about a home intruder getting shot and * on a guy's porch but we can't say the ga- word....
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't even refer to samegenized milk. See what I mean.[:(!][xx(]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jonk, I completely agree with you. I am personally unhappy with Irelands decision but it was THEIR decision to make.

This is so much better than our method of voting on issues. The people vote, taking a stand on an issue, the people have spoken!! Than a non-elected judge tells us all to kiss the backside of his robe, telling us our vote is meaningless!!
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did ya hear the one about the two happy Irishmen, Patrick FitsMichael and Michael FitsPatrick?
    FWIW, I agree, Jonk. None of my business.