In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

net neutrality

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Politics
confusing ...truth? protect free speech or enable govt to implant its own rules of self preservation...

Comments

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would our government like to completely control us?? Of course! Do any of you think that you can be trusted with things like ways to defend yourselves or freedom of speech?? Of course not, at least in the governments eyes. So there is no question what our loving, caring government would do given the opportunity.

To me there is the problem of implementation. Trying to monitor hundreds of millions, (Billions??) of computers, phones, and all the other wireless devices seems to be an impossible job. I hope I am correct on this.

To me this is just another one of the endless boogy man things like Y2K.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    The goal is to control information content of a political nature, like the "mainstream" media. Similar to the "fairness doctrine" of days gone by, aimed at muzzling conservative talk radio.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh and you guys aren't paranoid are you.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whenever government steps in to help it will cost more, get taxed more, take freedoms away, stifle competition and set the industry back 10 years.