In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pope Francis Condemns Weapon Sales!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Politics
They are lining up to get your Guns! Have you woken up yet? Remember Thou shall not murder not Kill! I guess all of us are heretics now!

serf

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pope-says-weapons-manufacturers-cant-call-themselves-christian-184139430.html

People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Just another reason why catholic mass attendance is down by half.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He needs to be added to the list of those deposed.
    Interesting how the left embraces him when he supports their agenda otherwise they completely ignore the guy.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    This guy is developing a lot of back lash. The lady I see is very Catholic is criticizing his stepping into some areas she and other Catholics are not happy with.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    6th commandment: "Thou Shalt Not Murder"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the pope is supposed to be a man of GOD, not a freaking politician, he is the first pope i have no respect for.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....I attend mass every Sunday.....for me not the Pope![:o)]
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    I guess he will be issuing whistles to the Swiss Guard. Do they ever lead by example?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The popes, all of them, are first and foremost politicians. How do you think they get to be pope? Who cares what he says about anything?
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Pope is a hypocrite and can't call himself Christian.[}:)]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody besides myself notice the Pope is normally ignored by the left and their partisan hacks in the media. That is until he promotes their ideology, then he is loved.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    Anybody besides myself notice the Pope is normally ignored by the left and their partisan hacks in the media. That is until he promotes their ideology, then he is loved.

BINGO!

Also of notice is his opposition to abortion, sex changes and supports traditional marriage.
    Of course, the lame stream media doesn't make that a headline.
    [:0]

PS: It's clear he is human and all humans have fallacies....like some opinions.
    [:D]

The main stream media does not need him to carry the vote in those matters listed,they are all legal here in The USA!

He Pope Francis is coming to the US Congress and The United Nations in September and The Gun control issue along with global warming is what he is going to push for!

Get a clue! You don't call in the big guns until you need them to wipe out opposition in matters of NWO operations of the coming peace and sharing of resources for all people's not just the we the people of The USA.

serf
    http://www.usccb.org/about/leadership/holy-see/francis/papal-visit-2015/index.cfm

WASHINGTON (CNS) -- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will welcome Pope Francis to the White House Sept. 23.

"During the visit, the president and the pope will continue the dialogue, which they began during the president's visit to the Vatican in March 2014, on their shared values and commitments on a wide range of issues," said a statement released March 26 by the Office of the Press Secretary at the White House.

Those issues, it said, include "caring for the marginalized and the poor; advancing economic opportunity for all; serving as good stewards of the environment; protecting religious minorities and promoting religious freedom around the world; and welcoming and integrating immigrants and refugees into our communities.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/18/pope-francis-un-general-assembly_n_6896094.html

UNITED NATIONS (AP) - The United Nations is announcing that Pope Francis will address the annual U.N. General Assembly of world leaders on Sept. 25 during his first papal visit to the United States.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RustyBones
    I guess he will be issuing whistles to the Swiss Guard. Do they ever lead by example?

They might as well issue them whistles 'cause they're not going to protect anyone with those toy swords. They might 'cause an attacker to laugh himself to death is the closest these clowns will ever get to apprehending a criminal.

swiss-guard-vatican-city_zps4ca9fd72.jpg
  • Options
    WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    So, I assume he followed this pronouncement with an order to remove all armed guards from the Vatican and his entourage, right?
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    Tell all your problems to the Pope this coming September when he comes to the USA to the city of Brotherly Love.

Hey, this Pope got guts
    I toured Baltimore last week and I was scared S-Less.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When churches become political they should loose their tax exempt status in the U.S.

Dollars to donuts, that would cut down on this Pope's political pronouncements.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    When churches become political they should loose their tax exempt status in the U.S.

Dollars to donuts, that would cut down on this Pope's political pronouncements.

The separation of religion (The Temple) and the Government (The Palace) is an illusion of Humanism that set out to disprove the existence of G_d. Just like science and mathematics they are bound together for all of eternity.

Trans-humanism is just another step into confusion of thinking they are a coming a g_d head of Lucifer and pretends to be like the most high with science. One can only manifest what they think they are without ever knowing it's essence.Iam that Iam.

serf

• Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another fundamental theological disagreement I have with the Roman Catholic Church.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    That, my friend, is something that we can agree on.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The current pope was a leftist priest from a South American country where Marxist thought is de rigueur, and has been for a century. Nothing he says ought to be surprising to anyone.

Far more than any sort of threat to our freedom, the latest encyclical, and more importantly, the reaction of the left to it ought to make for great ammunition for our side.

The press has fixated on Pope Frank's writings about guns and Global Warming Weather Cooling Catastrophic Hope and Change.

Rather than fight uphill battles on that topic, how about point out the blatant hypocrisy he shows when he tries to claim that population growth isn't the problem, it is 'consumerism'. Well, gee....that kinda lets the Catholic Church and its Go Forth and Breed Like Bunnies doctrine off the hook, doesn't it? How convenient. To say nothing of how that section collides head on with the Holy Grail of the Left: Abortion Whenever You feel Like It. Does the left also acknowledge the pope's wisdom on that front, or is this one of those places where 'people of good will can disagree'?

And given current events, couldn't we have some fun with his statement that gender differences matter, and "valuing one's own body in its femininity or masculinity is necessary if I am going to be able to recognize myself in an encounter with someone who is different." Again, does the media and the left it serves agree with the pope here, or have we discovered more selective cherry picking of moral authority?

I had great fun this weekend talking about the pope's leftist BS with a friend's leftist twit wife, and had an entire BBQ gathering laughing when she got PO'd and told me that my problem was that I was always "thinking too much" about issues.

I think I really ticked her off when I said I had to, because I am not very pretty and couldn't go through life using my boobs for my best argument.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    then give his bodyguards lollipops to fend off his attackers
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    The current pope was a leftist priest from a South American country where Marxist thought is de rigueur, and has been for a century. Nothing he says ought to be surprising to anyone.

Far more than any sort of threat to our freedom, the latest encyclical, and more importantly, the reaction of the left to it ought to make for great ammunition for our side.

The press has fixated on Pope Frank's writings about guns and Global Warming Weather Cooling Catastrophic Hope and Change.

Rather than fight uphill battles on that topic, how about point out the blatant hypocrisy he shows when he tries to claim that population growth isn't the problem, it is 'consumerism'. Well, gee....that kinda lets the Catholic Church and its Go Forth and Breed Like Bunnies doctrine off the hook, doesn't it? How convenient. To say nothing of how that section collides head on with the Holy Grail of the Left: Abortion Whenever You feel Like It. Does the left also acknowledge the pope's wisdom on that front, or is this one of those places where 'people of good will can disagree'?

And given current events, couldn't we have some fun with his statement that gender differences matter, and "valuing one's own body in its femininity or masculinity is necessary if I am going to be able to recognize myself in an encounter with someone who is different." Again, does the media and the left it serves agree with the pope here, or have we discovered more selective cherry picking of moral authority?

I had great fun this weekend talking about the pope's leftist BS with a friend's leftist twit wife, and had an entire BBQ gathering laughing when she got PO'd and told me that my problem was that I was always "thinking too much" about issues.

I think I really ticked her off when I said I had to, because I am not very pretty and couldn't go through life using my boobs for my best argument.

So, you are an Athiest ?[:o)]
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What has he to say about abortion and contraception and how do the libtards feel about that?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    does he get free gas for the popemobile or does it run on a wing & prayer
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Ignore the clown in the white robes.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers for the Pope,,
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

No. More of a meat and potatoes guy. [;)]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    He condemns wanton sex, gambling, drinking, fishing on Sunday, and eating a steak on Friday.
    You see how far he got with THAT noise.[:p]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pardon me but the Pope is a Dope.

"Weapons" are used for fighting and harming people.

Very very few of my guns have been used as weapons. The majority are just firearms used for recreational shooting or hunting.

He is very misguided. Most guns sold in the US are used for recreation, protection, competition and hunting. The ones used for protection are the only ones that can be accurately called weapons.

Even though any gun "can" be a weapon, the vast majority are not.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The swiss guard has a pretty nice modern arsenal . I think they should sell it and use the $ to help the poor.

Nice racket - sell everlasting life. No one comes back to complain.

I was raised catholic, but have long ago been made aware of the scam.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

People who manufacture weapons or invest in weapons industries are hypocrites if they call themselves Christian, Pope Francis said on Sunday.

As is Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden who promote abortion while calling themselves Catholic.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No. More of a meat and potatoes guy. [;)]

The question is, is she pretty and does she have nice boobs?
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After a mass killing in a house of God. A religious leader will make statements...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    After a mass killing in a house of God. A religious leader will make statements...

ISIS has killed many more Christians then some lone wolf white supremacist. I don't see anyone solving that one anytime soon either!

The Pope wants gun control just like Obama,bet on it! They (Elitist)in The United Nations want to control all weapons so you can be their vassal or property and protect you like a sheep. BAAAAAaaa!

The American Indian say it best! US government make treaty on paper than do what they want later when Indian in Reservation.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

i wonder if the poope ever read this passage ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    IIRC the Vatican is an individual nation and the Pope is the 'leader' of that nation...so makes comments many disagree with just like leaders of other nations.
    [;)]

Not quite! The Pope has 1.2 Billion followers and was/is A Jesuit Priest which is the most influential in The Conclave of being the only true Vicar! So they say. He has followers in almost 90% of all other countries!

He is soon to address Congress and The United Nations in September too! This could be the beginning something very big in uniting a NWO.

serf
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    Just another reason why catholic mass attendance is down by half.

Except on Christmas and Easter.[xx(][xx(][xx(]
    Religion of convenience, I have noticed.[:0]
  • Options
    Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

in reply to that statement my great great grandad Cpt Thomas Williams capt 14th Tn cav.CSA was quoted as saying..." when you run out of lead, hit em with steel! he was known to have actually beheaded several yankees in more than one sortee and I still have his 1849 Ames wrist breaker. holding that , reading these words really makes one think hmmmmmmmmm how would it work on the heads wearing blue helmets as its still sharp as a razor[:D] would also work on those clowns at vatican my god they stand out like ronald mc donald[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lonewolf77

in reply to that statement my great great grandad Cpt Thomas Williams capt 14th Tn cav.CSA was quoted as saying..." when you run out of lead, hit em with steel! he was known to have actually beheaded several yankees in more than one sortee and I still have his 1849 Ames wrist breaker. holding that , reading these words really makes one think hmmmmmmmmm how would it work on the heads wearing blue helmets as its still sharp as a razor[:D] would also work on those clowns at vatican my god they stand out like ronald mc donald[:o)]
    Uhh I don't think you want any of the "Swiss" guard....may stick that wrist breaker where the sun don't shine...
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    The Swiss Guard? It's not what you see, it's what you don't. Don't mess with those boys.

The Pope? Perhaps he might better serve this world by leading the Catholic Church rather than leading the Vatican State. One of the primary teachings of his supposed boss is that a man can't serve two masters. I propose that Francis hasn't quite learned this lesson.
  • Options
    Lonewolf77Lonewolf77 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lonewolf77

Uhh I don't think you want any of the "Swiss" guard....may stick that wrist breaker where the sun don't shine...
    [:D]well guess if ya wanna look that stupid ya gotta be tough tell ya this that sabers taken fair share of rattlers here and i do that from horseback train, deliberate, resolve. sic semper tyrannis! of course you know its all because of latest bs right? all rant ,still feels damn good[}:)]