In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chris Kyle revisited one last time

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited August 2015 in Politics
Don't read this unless you can handle the truth.

http://theantimedia.org/the-real-american-sniper/

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(], mr myopic
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Actually the truth is likely somewhere between the negative and positive. Spraying the field with a machine gun is an impersonal act for the most part. In no way does this make killing more acceptable but it's not like targeting a fellow human being in a gun sight and pulling the trigger.

Mr. Kyle, for better or worse, was tasked with a very nasty job. Apparently he was good at what he did. "Hero" is an overused and abused term as most heroes are just doing their job and circumstances dictate how their job is viewed.

In a situation where the enemy tends not to play by conventional rules the job of fighting this enemy becomes very difficult. Many times it's a matter of judgement as to whether a person of interest is an innocent or an enemy. Rather than be a Monday morning quarterback I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't tasked with making the life or death decisions required of Mr. Kyle.

Might I suggest that perhaps we should allow Mr. Kyle to rest in peace? Certainly it's possible to criticize mistakes that may have been made. Mr. Kyle was human and despite the fact that perhaps some of his stories may not have been totally accurate, Mr. Kyle would not have long served in his capacity as a sniper should he have been a cold blooded murderer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    NO one from that war will rest in peace so long as the U.S. Government continues to cover up the lies.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Waco,

You should know by now that government and lies go hand in hand. It's what government does best... That or spend money we don't have.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do but I refuse to take the attitude it's best to just ignore it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Waco,

On this we agree. There are some things I cannot change. These things I neither ignore nor do I forget.

At some point I pray that your grievances and mine will be addressed. I'd like to think perhaps while I still walk this earth. If not, then at least I have hope that at some point we'll all have to stand before Him and answer for our misdeeds. If so, I'm not looking forward to the experience but I'd love to be a fly on the wall observing the likes of Obama or Hillary and company.