In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bass Pro Supports Andrew Cuomo

2»

Comments

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't even sell a rifle to my hunting partner of 51 years unless it goes thru a FFL. If I try to sell firearm locally it will cost 18% commission. Can no longer have ammo shipped to me.If they get funding for ammo data base, I can't even buy a box of 22's for my ten year old grandson without background check.NY has a "Snitch Law".Call Superintendant of State Police and receive $500 for ratting on your neighbor.If I die, list of every firearm I own with mfg,model and serial number must be provided to NY State Criminal Justice System by wife's lawyer.Don't get stopped by a State Trooper with a enblock clip loaded with eight rounds.My unrestricted pistol permit was supposed to be for life(right)now 5 years.God forbid your doctor prescribes a temporary medicine on NY'* list and LEO's end up stacked on your front door. And it goes on and on.WAKE UP PEOPLE.ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF FREEDOM or it will come to your state and our nation!
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4205raymond
    I can't even sell a rifle to my hunting partner of 51 years unless it goes thru a FFL. If I try to sell firearm locally it will cost 18% commission. Can no longer have ammo shipped to me.If they get funding for ammo data base, I can't even buy a box of 22's for my ten year old grandson without background check.NY has a "Snitch Law".Call Superintendant of State Police and receive $500 for ratting on your neighbor.If I die, list of every firearm I own with mfg,model and serial number must be provided to NY State Criminal Justice System by wife's lawyer.Don't get stopped by a State Trooper with a enblock clip loaded with eight rounds.My unrestricted pistol permit was supposed to be for life(right)now 5 years.God forbid your doctor prescribes a temporary medicine on NY'* list and LEO's end up stacked on your front door. And it goes on and on.WAKE UP PEOPLE.ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF FREEDOM or it will come to your state and our nation!

That sounds terrible. Sorry to hear you people have to put up with that kind of BS.

In 2001 I got an offer for a job that would more than double my salary but the catch was the job was in San Francisco. I told them thanks but no thanks. I'd rather live in poverty than live in California or any other liberal state.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    quote:Originally posted by 4205raymond

That sounds terrible. Sorry to hear you people have to put up with that kind of BS.

In 2001 I got an offer for a job that would more than double my salary but the catch was the job was in San Francisco. I told them thanks but no thanks. I'd rather live in poverty than live in California or any other liberal state.

I live in SF - you probably made the right choice. In SF we have to lock up all guns, keep them unloaded. All gun sales must go through an FFL. I'm picking up a Savage 112 this weekend, it was transferred from out of state, and the FFL fee is $120.00. This is in addition to all the bans we have. If it weren't for the big cities we'd probably be OK. Probably, not 100% certain on that though.
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    you don,t have to go to virgina, just jump over the boarder to pa., we would love to have you. mr myopic.