In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sellers to Dealers

casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Politics
I am aware that many see NO difference between Democrat and Republicans on the issue of common sense "Gun Control".

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/09/obama-seriously-considering-using-executive-authority-to-act-on-guns-before-he-leaves-office-report/

"Specifically, Obama would like to impose a new background check system on gun sellers who exceed a specified amount of sales each year."

"Under the proposed rule change, dealers who exceed a certain number of sales each year would be required to obtain a license from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and perform background checks on potential buyers."

The first thing that jumped out to me was "sellers" and "specified amount".
Sellers? Like SOME here on GB would now be required to be FFL's.
And "amount", more than 100, 50, 5?

As I recall the ATF already defines when one is required to obtain an FFL.
There are also several States that allow FTF gun sales. There is NO way the Government would know the "amount" of sales in a year. And for me this is the primary source of transfers to felons and illegal's (oh, other than theft).

Another move for control that solves nothing.
HEIL HOPE, ya'll