In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Me thinks Kentuckians are insane

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Politics
The Obama loving, coal hating, "global warming supporter" carbon tax supporter (D) candidate is leading the polls by 8 points over the (R) offering.

SE Kentucky is destroyed and destitute due to Obama's war on coal. WTH are Kentuckians thinking supporting the (D) slimeball????

Comments

• Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None of the "surveys" are real. I'm convinced our votes are just to make us feel good. The electronic voting stuff makes it incredibly easy to rig the votes.

Merc
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I truly believe it is because more and more Northerners are migrating west and south for less taxes, only to vote the only way they know, Democrat. Thus raising their taxes that they tried to get away from. South New Jersey is about 75% Republican like myself, but North Jersey is 95% Democrat and have more citizens living there. You will never know how much it kills us in this part of the state, to be controlled by the hoodrats in the big cities up north. Thus the reason Donna and I want to move. Even with a republican Governor, we will never have the right to carry and we will always have high taxes and insurance. We have to give till it hurts. Somebody has to work to support all those welfare sucking leaches in the hood. Oakie
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems to be a big debate on the correctness and integrity of electronic voting systems....if a teenager can hack secured info how safe is voting by them...what happened to counting pencil and paper ballots and PROPER ID...to participate...we certainly do it all here in our small community
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you realize how many Kentucky residents are dependent on Government benefits?

You don't give up your right to vote when you pick up your disability check.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Northern Kentucky is where he is leading so much. That's the liberal part of the state. however, we do have many welfare recipients in eastern ky that want to keep the free stuff coming. so if this joker is elected. we just get what we deserve I guess. This country is toast anyway.
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as welfare collectors are allowed to vote, it will never turn around until we reach the bottom. I think we have to hit bottom before
    anything can change. It aint gona be pretty.[xx(]
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best stupid I have saw or heard of in years was when Obombag was running in 08. Him screaming that he would bankrupt the coal industry and who throws their support and money at him..

The United Mines Workers Union.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I always wonder if any other states are as bad as ky. do others have tents set up giving away free cell phones? I cringe everytime I see it. is the drug problem as bad everywhere else. its almost unbearable sometimes.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turnout tomorrow may tell the tale.

Hope the whole state has had enough of the mudslinging[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    Best stupid I have saw or heard of in years was when Obombag was running in 08. Him screaming that he would bankrupt the coal industry and who throws their support and money at him..

The United Mines Workers Union.
    Yeah, you wonder sometimes how this stuff can be real. it makes no sense whatsoever. can people really be this stupid
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Turkey
    Turnout tomorrow may tell the tale.

Hope the whole state has had enough of the mudslinging[:(!]
    They have wore bevin out on the unpaid taxes. I don't understand why he didn't come out with an add explaining why. if you do the research and look it up. its actually a very good story. he pulled a business out before it closed. took over the unpaid taxes, and paid them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    They have wore bevin out on the unpaid taxes. I don't understand why he didn't come out with an add explaining why. if you do the research and look it up. its actually a very good story. he pulled a business out before it closed. took over the unpaid taxes, and paid them.

The attacks are being used because they work.

Bevin ran against McConnell in the Republican Primary a few years ago and McConnell's campaign made Bevin basically look like the Devil.

"Bailout Bevin" is still something that people remember....that might partly explain why he has had trouble gaining traction.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    204, never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate. Just look what happened in the last two general elections.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

The attacks are being used because they work.

Bevin ran against McConnell in the Republican Primary a few years ago and McConnell's campaign made Bevin basically look like the Devil.

"Bailout Bevin" is still something that people remember....that might partly explain why he has had trouble gaining traction.
    That's what I don't get. if what I have read is true. and have no reason to think it isn't. he could clear it all up very easily. he paid off 180 thousand dollars in back taxes in about six months after taking over a failing business. if that's not something to make a campaign add about. I don't know what is. I just don't get it sometimes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    204, never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate. Just look what happened in the last two general elections.
    This is very true. Ive decided if ky gets Conway. and the country gets Hillary. Then it really is over. This country cant take much more. It just seems like a lot of this could be avoided.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Originally posted by 204targetman
    That's what I don't get. if what I have read is true. and have no reason to think it isn't. he could clear it all up very easily. he paid off 180 thousand dollars in back taxes in about six months after taking over a failing business. if that's not something to make a campaign add about. I don't know what is. I just don't get it sometimes

That's the thing....he has addressed it, a bunch of times. It doesn't matter because they just keep saying it.

Everyone hates attack ads, but they are proven to work, because the effect of the attack is far greater than the effect of the defense.

Neither candidate is running anything but attack ads
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I feel like ive done my research. and im voting for bevin, and feel good about it. just hope there are enough who would like to see something a little different. I have to admit. I use to be a McConnell fan. but finally woke up.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,932 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    yep. The stupid is wide spread.

Here in Kentucky Conway and the democrats has out spent Bevin about 4 to 1
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt Bevin is getting my vote at 6:00am tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another I told you so- [;)] http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/257511-gop-senators-obama-circumventing-congress-in-climate-deal-talks

In short, Obomer will allow the U.N. to hold the USA accountable for Climate change accountability's by third world country's. And be fined as they see fit in international court. What dose that mean? The POTUS can make any executive action to avoid that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just hope the turnout will be better. I usually don't have to wait in line at all. People just don't seem to care who represents them. The last time I waited in line at the polls. the sale of alcohol was on the ballot. Waited for over an hour. was a lot of other races on the ballot that year. Most had no clue about any of that. just came for alcohol vote.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking
    Matt Bevin is getting my vote at 6:00am tomorrow morning.
    Me too. Hope the majority will do the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    People just don't seem to care who represents them.

I think it's the politicians that don't care once they get into office. but maybe that's what your sayin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

I think it's the politicians that don't care once they get into office. but maybe that's what your sayin.

I guess it goes both ways. I just talk to so many people who don't seem to care who is in office. Most don't even know who is in office. Sometimes I wonder. why I care. They all seem to be the same
  • Options
    edited November -1

I guess it goes both ways. I just talk to so many people who don't seem to care who is in office. Most don't even know who is in office. Sometimes I wonder. why I care. They all seem to be the same

At this point, R's and D's are just two sides of the same coin just kicking the can down the road. As a fiscal conservative, when I hear the US Taxpayer spent 34 million $ for one single gas station in Afghanistan, That leaves me a little unimpressed.
  • Options
    edited November -1

At this point, R's and D's are just two sides of the same coin just kicking the can down the road. As a fiscal conservative, when I hear the US Taxpayer spent 34 million $ for one single gas station in Afghanistan, That leaves me a little unimpressed.

I don't know if there is any such thing as a conservative politician anymore. But I keep hoping.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."...Mark Twain.

I used to think he was just being facetious when he said that but after the last two elections I'm thinking he is right on the mark.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it."...Mark Twain.

I used to think he was just being facetious when he said that but after the last two elections I'm thinking he is right on the mark.
    [:D]
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah and the baby boomers are the biggest holders of The Funny Reserve bonds too! It's called Social Security!

We will get sold out for the younger generation just like Obama is letting in millions of illegals to keep those joker's in Our glorious
    Representative Republic in power which sold us out to Corporations and The NWO! You can't win for losing![:D]

You gotta love it because you ain't rich enough to leave it!

serf
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    The Obama loving, coal hating, "global warming supporter" carbon tax supporter (D) candidate is leading the polls by 8 points over the (R) offering.

SE Kentucky is destroyed and destitute due to Obama's war on coal. WTH are Kentuckians thinking supporting the (D) slimeball????

The polls were wrong? Why?

I have been laying out a spread sheet for the 2016 Senate elections looking for factors that may reflect outcomes.

But why were the polls SO wrong. The obvious answer is that many people that were polled lied.

They either didn't vote or voted the opposite of their answer to the pollster.

WHY? How about Kentucky is a Closed-Union State. Union members had better endorse the unions positions and candidates or possible face the consequences if the union found out. But once in the voting booth they can actually vote their preference.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was very pleased to see the polls were WRONG, yet again!!! Polls are quaint but the wrath of voters carried the day.

I wonder how many millions they spent in attack ads against Bevin to see it was all wasted.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why were the polls wrong? I have a theory...
    When the pollsters call they are probably calling during the daytime when hard working conservatives are at work. They keep robo-dialing numbers until they get to the number desired for their sample. If conservatives are at work then the only ones answering the phone are the teat suckers. Bingo. Instant skewed poll.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have some friends that answer polls; it is their undying policy to lie on every single answer. If Hillary polsters called they would beg her to become POTUS when in reality they would love to drive a steak knife through her head.
  • Options
    vrabinecvrabinec Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Why were the polls wrong? I have a theory...
    When the pollsters call they are probably calling during the daytime when hard working conservatives are at work. They keep robo-dialing numbers until they get to the number desired for their sample. If conservatives are at work then the only ones answering the phone are the teat suckers. Bingo. Instant skewed poll.

I think they just underestimated how disappointed the Dems are as a group in what's going on. Can't blame the Repubs anymore, and their lives still suck. I just hope the credit bubble bursts before the Repubs get in the White House, or the Repubs will never see the Presidency again in my lifetime.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think the results are a simple reflection of conventional American political opinion: Republicans turn out to vote in higher percentages than Dems....especially in off-year elections.

People inclined to vote Democrat will happily answer the pollster that calls them on phone......but when it comes to actually getting off their * and going to vote, they can't be bothered.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screen%20Shot%202015-11-03%20at%2010.05.47%20PM_zpsbdm2heeg.png

Ch 11 in Louisville apologized for their polls being so wrong -- said they are reviewing why and changing polling organization.[:D]

Not only did KY elect a conservative gov but an African-American WOMAN as Lt Gov. And she says she's a Tea Party type person.[8D]

Looks to me like the Dem machine negative ads backfired again![:D]