In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hell of a debate last night. Who won?

vrabinecvrabinec Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in Politics
Kasich definitely lost. He started to sound like Hillary up there.

Rubio was as smooth as ever, but, man, I had to drop him in my estimates over the exchange in which Rand Paul pointed out that Rubio's policies would add two trillion in unfunded liabilities to the budget, and Rubio didn't have much of a comeback.

I thought they were all good, but that Cruz and Paul had the best debate. Just depends on whether you want an aggressive military in the middle east, or a passive/special ops military presence as to which one came out on top IMO.

Bush is just a terrible speaker. He might have some great ideas, but I can't tell what he's saying half the time because he's stammering. And sticking up for amnesty with Kasich didn't go over well in my household.

I thought Trump had a decent night, except for when he was going on and on about how bad the trade deal was because of how bad the Chinese devalue their currency and Rand Paul pointed out that the Chinese weren't involved in the trade deal. Kinda showed that Trump's knowledge on the issues is pretty shallow.

Carson seemed a lot more knowledgeable on financial issues than the press led everyone to believe he'd be, but he was still shaky. And the wife kept saying, "I can't vote for a guy who tried to stab someone and hit his mother over the head with a hammer."

Fiorina had some good lines, but, man, she comes off as being really harsh. I think she'd be a better candidate if she had someone coach her on being smoother, a little more smug or something. I dunno.

I'm guessing Kasich and Bush both drop even more, and Cruz and Paul gain. The others stay the same.

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was actually quite impressed with Fiorina last night. I think Cruz made a great showing, also. Right now I'd rank 'em Cruz, Carson, and ???

Edit to add...
    I think the moderators of the debate did a pretty dang good job last night. It was a whole lot better than the MSNBC debacle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I really like Fiorina. She makes sense, she hits hard, and she doesn't take any crap. But don't you think she needs to work on her delivery? I think she'd be a lot higher in the polls if she could smooth it out somehow, because her substance is outstanding.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would vote for Trump with Cruz as V.P. myself.Yet with all the Blacks and Hispanics voting it will probably get Hillary Clinton with Elizabeth Warren for V.P. [:D]

serf

You gotta love it for your not rich enough to leave it!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasich is a know it all Governor and a progressive azzhat phony (R) puke. Being from Ohio he is way to quick to say, "that is the way it works". Rather than saying, "is it constitutional, can we afford it and is it good for the State".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

I would vote for Trump with Cruz as V.P. myself.Yet with all the Blacks and Hispanics voting it will probably get Hillary Clinton with Elizabeth Warren for V.P. [:D]

serf

You gotta love it for your not rich enough to leave it!

You know, Trump is really appealing. You know he would HAVE to build the wall, after all the talking he's done about it. He'd definitely deport at least the wack job illegals. Big business doesn't own him like they'd own Bush or Rubio or Carson. And I'm not so sure he wouldn't beat Hillary. She's worn out like an overused dishrag.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you really want to know where these candidates stand, just look up and see who their major contributors are. Jeb is financed buy the big banks for the most part. The republicans lied to us the last election. They never kept a single promise. No defunding for anything. Check up on the funders for real info. Jeb Bush's contributors aren't much different than Hillary's
    Big banks and businesses don't own all the candidates.