In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Obama calls for tougher ban on military-weapons

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Politics
That means semi auto weapons period,magazines will not be allowed period. Bet on it! The System is fed up with citizens with firearms and semi auto's are out of here soon! That's what assault means rapid fire.

serf
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-enough-enough-latest-us-shooting-141938057.html

We have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them. Period. Enough is enough," Obama said in a statement.

Comments

• Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to send some $$$ to the NRA.

not the best course of action, but better than doing nothing.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Build some AR's now while you can. Get magazines as you can afford.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

That means semi auto weapons period,magazines will not be allowed period. Bet on it! Barack Obama and the DEMOCRATs are fed up with citizens with firearms and semi auto's are out of here soon! That's what assault means rapid fire.

serf
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-enough-enough-latest-us-shooting-141938057.html

We have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them. Period. Enough is enough," Obama said in a statement.

Fixed it for you.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    those arguments against guns can be shot so full of holes like swiss cheese it's not even funny.

- if we aren't allowed "weapons of war", per the 2nd Amendment aren't we still allowed the same thing for civilians? someone designs a modular, easily-serviced, robust, aluminum and plastic carbine and 30-round magazines and bayonet, are we not allowed to have that? but it's not a "weapon of war".

- we ARE allowed to have "weapons of war". We, The People, have that power and that right. we did not give the government we created, the power to take that away.

"Whereas civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."

"The power of the sword, say the minority..., is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for The powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans."

- we DO have business in wielding them. self defense. against any number of enemies, domestic and foreign. anywhere from robbers to tyrants to invaders.

- assault rifles are used in less than 0.1% of all gun-related crimes.

- crime has remained stable, or actually diminished in a few places, with more guns.

- how may people's lives are saved because of guns? but they completely ignore that when saying they have an excuse to take away our guns.

- he wants to take "weapons of war off the streets", but he won't say that he means to accomplish that by taking them out of our homes.

- what's next after "weapons of war"? if they have the right to do that, what keeps them from finding excuses to take away every other firearm too, for different reasons?

- we have the right to keep and bear ARMS, period. no if's, and's or but's. does not matter whether it's high capacity, low capacity, single shot, any style, type, or color, bolt action or an M249. or a knife, or a baseball bat, or a golf club. the government does not have the right to pick and choose which (if any) arms we may have. we have the right to keep and bear ARMS period. that's it. that's why the 2A does not elaborate or put conditions on it. simply ARMS. any infringement is against that right and illegal.

that's exactly what the law says, doesn't it!

so what if obozo and half the country is of the wrong opinion. the other half, and the next president very well may also, have the opposite opinion.

and for 200 years the people would have thought all this anti-gun nonsense is just that, nonsense. it's not how this country was up until only recently and certainly not what it was founded upon.
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch this bum start another panic buying spree with prices going out the roof [:(!]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He has 1 year to go, an election year at that, and a Republican controlled Congress that will do nothing on Gun control. At best he can try to ram some bs executive order but it won't do much. Now States are a whole different matter. There are plenty of blue States that could try something. If Hillary wins and the Democrats regain Congress we are done. They WILL ban any future semi auto guns. And I gurantee there will be no sunset. Bet they will require registration and 10 round mag limit. I don't think they will get away with confiscation though because they have to know they will end up with a lot of dead agents trying to collect.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder what his thoughts are on whales[?]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr red line in the sand cannot stop us. We are Americans. This is our country and our Constitution .
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea because 2 dead abortionists is a tragedy, but the 53,000,000 children killed, including the 6000 just this week, is unworthy of comment.
  • KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Piss on the Kenyan, no more gun bans. I drew my line in the sand and will hold it.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well Big O has been the best gun salesman in like forever so guess we will see sales soaring again real soon....................
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    yea because 2 dead abortionists is a tragedy, but the 53,000,000 children killed, including the 6000 just this week, is unworthy of comment.
    Funny the way that works, isn't it? A black youth wielding a knife is killed by cops, what a horrendous crime! Yet, isn't it interesting that every one of the planned-parenthood "clinics" are strategically located near majority-black neighborhoods. Silence.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    Funny the way that works, isn't it? A black youth wielding a knife is killed by cops, what a horrendous crime! Yet, isn't it interesting that every one of the planned-parenthood "clinics" are strategically located near majority-black neighborhoods. Silence.

You have Margaret * Harris and Eugenics to thank for establishing abortion clinics near every Black population center. Her theory was that in order to better control births of the working class; visiting clinics to kill their offspring shouldn't require them to leave the 'Hood.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Last time I commented of such FACTs on another site, I was branded a racist.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Am I the only person who thinks its a good thing that there about half aa many people on food stamps, medicaid, etc, as there could be?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any reduction of native population will be more than offset by the govts let the world come in FREE policy...with NO attention to what the electorate wants
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    Am I the only person who thinks its a good thing that there about half aa many people on food stamps, medicaid, etc, as there could be?

Nope but your race ain't exempt either,you see mindless people corrupt the whole barrel,just like the coming gun control that will make a lot more people strike out.

Believe it or not it's coming for Abortion is already legal and accepted by mindless people,why not gun control to seal the deal for the Illuminati.

Remember it's all for your safety and by rule of law you should not question authority.You will be labeled as a terrorist if you do and with that you will have no rights! All Hail Caesar! The perfect storm is coming.

serf
    edited November -1
    And we have Muslims killing Westerners (and anyone else who disagrees with them) both in their home countries and abroad. Government's solution? Disarm the targets.
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That stupid killer.

If he would have just yelled " Alla Achbar" Obama would have called it workplace violence.

Move on.

Nothing to see here.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here was it hard to rationalize:

Say a woman was at the clinic to abort her baby and she was shot by this nut case and she survives but her baby dies.

Why is it he is charged with murdering the baby but in another hour it is legal for her doctor to kill same baby with her consent?

I believe abortions are wrong (except for rape or health of the mother) but I am even more against the government inserting itself into a private person's affairs because no good ever comes for it so I am not taking sides just asking a relevance question
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama is the man behind the curtain...people are already moving on to the next prez...Obama is irrelevant. Soon he will be filling college kids heads with mush.
  • rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    [black]Here was it hard to rationalize:

Say a woman was at the clinic to abort her baby and she was shot by this nut case and she survives but her baby dies.

Why is it he is charged with murdering the baby but in another hour it is legal for her doctor to kill same baby with her consent?

Great question. It's the same logic that sees many on the left being totally opposed to executing a convicted murderer but having no trouble killing and selling for parts an innocent baby ready to leave the womb.[:(]
  • rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    [black]Here was it hard to rationalize:

Great question. It's the same logic that sees many on the left being totally opposed to executing a convicted murderer but having no trouble killing and selling for parts an innocent baby ready to leave the womb.[:(]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama's exact words were 'weapons of war' and keeping them from 'people who have no business wielding them'.

How very Reaganesque. The Ronald stated virtually the same thing about people carry loaded weapons as Governor of California, was the President who signed the law that made actual weapons of war inaccessable to most Americans.

Again, and specifically to the comment replacing 'the system' with 'Obama and the democrats', you can ignore history, but it is right there in front of you should you care enough to educate yourself. It is the political establishment. The Democrats are just honest about their intentions.

Edit for autocorrection.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They let the terrorists in, we have been warning about the lax immigration laws for over two decades. Now they want to punish is because they know better then anyone else about the wisdom of letting in people from areas of the world that should not be there? I don't think so.

When they come for my guns I will remember the lies and the BS.
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    They let the terrorists in, we have been warning about the lax immigration laws for over two decades. Now they want to punish is because they know better then anyone else about the wisdom of letting in people from areas of the world that should not be there? I don't think so.

When they come for my guns I will remember the lies and the BS.

Out of Chaos comes order.The government is just preparing to have a in place surveillance system for total awareness before ordering a Mental check on all gun owners along with outspoken political stances like Trump makes to bar gun ownership too!

Hitler said it best if you want guns join the Nazi party first.

serf
  • wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    You are aware the potus signed the defense funding authorization legislation recently.

That bill INCLUDED the authorized release of 100,000 surplus military firearms to the CMP to be sold to the public.

[:0]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/25/breaking-news-it-is-now-law-the-cmp-can-sell-1911s-to-the-public-a-thanksgiving-day-miracle/

[^]

Do you think they will install tracking devices in them, so they can track persons that are legally allowed to own a gun?
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    You are aware the potus signed the defense funding authorization legislation recently.

That bill INCLUDED the authorized release of 100,000 surplus military firearms to the CMP to be sold to the public.

[:0]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/11/25/breaking-news-it-is-now-law-the-cmp-can-sell-1911s-to-the-public-a-thanksgiving-day-miracle/

[^]

authorized dose not mean it will be done. Did it require the release?
    Did it give a time frame? I will believe it when I see it.
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had assault weapon ban before?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i call for a BAN on obummers assault style executive orders
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama (WH EO) set to ban sales of online and gunshow sales that do not require a background check........
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Set closer to banning all private sales.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Amish
    Obama (WH EO) set to ban sales of online and gunshow sales that do not require a background check........
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Got an e-mail from GOA and Ted Cruz today. It included a link to a petition to send to your state senators and representative demanding that they vote to de-fund that nonsense. I have done so, recommend you guys do the same.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Got an e-mail from GOA and Ted Cruz today. It included a link to a petition to send to your state senators and representative demanding that they vote to de-fund that nonsense. I have done so, recommend you guys do the same.

Why don't you post up the link and then we can.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had assault weapon ban before?

We still have one. Reagan signed it into law in 1984.

No new production available to the little people. Why do you think a $ 1,000.00 select fire M-16 sells for $ 20,000.00?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

Why don't you post up the link and then we can.
    Sorry, thought there were other GOA members here.

GOA Petition