In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Donald!

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Politics
....says:

MILLIONS FURIOUS AS TRUMP RELEASES HIS PLAN FOR 2ND AMENDMENT.

Trump has BIG plans for the Second Amendment, and liberals are PISSED about it!

One common criticism of billionaire businessman and presidential candidate Donald Trump is that he far too often speaks in vague generalities and rarely offers specifics about where he stands on the issues.

That is no longer the case, at least regarding his stance on gun rights and the Second Amendment, as Trump just released his official policy position on his campaign website.

"The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period," the position paper began.

Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-exists both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn't create the right, nor can it take it away.

He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as "America's first freedom," pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.

In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.

Citing a successful program in Richmond, Virginia, that sentenced gun criminals to mandatory minimum five-year sentences in federal prison, Trump noted that crime rates will fall dramatically when criminals are taken off the streets for lengthy periods of time.

Trump also proposed strengthening and expanding laws allowing law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves from criminals using their own guns, without fear of repercussion from the government.

Noting that many of the recent high-profile shooters had clear mental problems that should have been addressed, Trump proposed fixing our nation's broken mental health system by increasing treatment opportunities for the non-violent mentally ill, but removing from the streets those people who pose a danger to themselves and others.

Trump would do away with pointless and ineffective gun and magazine bans and suggested fixing the current background check system already in place, rather than expanding a broken system.

Furthermore, Trump proposed a national right to carry, a national concealed carry reciprocity law that would compel states to recognize the concealed carry permits of any other state, exactly as drivers licenses from anywhere are accepted by all states today.

Finally, Trump would lift the prohibition on military members carrying weapons on military bases and in recruiting centers, allowing trained military members to carry weapons to protect themselves from attacks by terrorists, criminals and the mentally unstable, as we have seen recently.

This is great, and those who cherish our right to keep and bear arms should be pleased by Trump's stated position on the Second Amendment.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is a bloviating azzhat. If by some stretch of the imagination this megalomaniac dolt is elected by the masses I assure you voter remorse will follow swiftly.

Trump is a business man, and after four bankruptcies in various business he seems to be a poor business man, at best. When he filed for bankruptcy it was the little guy that took it in the shorts. The big players walked, including Trump.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A typical big government response to what, in some cases is a problem only for those who do not recognize what liberty means and what necessarily is a consequence of liberty.

Fix the broken mental health system: Does anyone not understand that this means that the travesty of justice that occurred for the Iranian born California FFL will become a Federalized search and seizure regime?

National CCW reciprocity will ensure that minimum standards, acceptable to the voting blocks in NY, CA, NJ, etc. will be mandated for all states CCW laws?

Tired and ignorant old line of 'enforce the laws in the books rather than add new ones'. Does this include enforcing the existing unconstitutional laws, idiot?

Sweet little bone tossed to permit military members to carry while at work. Yet another law that recognizes the power of the Federal Government to restrict carry by the fact that it can pick and choose who can.

The man regurgitates talking points with little or no understanding of the principles behind that which he speaks.

Those who cherish our RTBA laugh at these suggestions and recognize them to be the codification of Federal Control that they are.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Show me some one better![:o)]
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

Can't, the toilet's clogged and filled to the rim.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Rubio is better hands down. Paul and Cruz are better on policy and equal in temperament.

That is three that are better without doubt. Others in the GOP field are also better, though have significant weaknesses that are disqualifies and may or may not be worth supporting, depending upon how their campaigns evolve.

The only two in the GOP that I would consider equally offensive as Trump to concept of liberty would be Christy and Bush.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Some would disagree about Rubio. Especially those he's supposed to represent. It appears that his words and his votes sometimes seem at odds.

I don't have any real problems with Paul or Cruz other than that they're both politicians. Neither are bad men but I worry about their ability to win over the voting public.

Fiorina is wickedly smart though not a showperson. I get the distinct feeling that she could hold her own against those who would oppose her. Carly is perhaps a bit prickly. Maybe not a bad thing.

Ben Carson is a gentle man. Hopefully he'll develop a sharper edge as time passes. Don't mistake gentle for weak though. Ben didn't succeed due to weakness and he's smart! Ben also presents black voters with a conundrum... Vote Democrat because you always have or vote for Carson because he's a deeply good human being, smart, capable... And black. (Too bad I had to bring race into this but it will be a factor.)

My choice as of today would be some combination of Carson and Fiorina. Put their collective brains and talents together and we might just have something. But this is just my choice as of today. Things change.

One thing I'd really look forward to is a cat fight between between Carly and Hillary. No question in my mind who would walk away polishing her claws. Hillary would be sliced and diced.

Trump? Obviously he could be nominated. We could do much worse. I personally think we could and should do better but we'll owe Donald a debt of gratitude no matter what. After all, isn't he the one responsible for opening up a discussion very much hated by those within the Beltway?

Once again I'll repeat... We here want the best for the nation we love. Generally we have different opinions on the best path toward our mutual goal, but we all seem to agree on the desired outcome. Instead of already calling a train wreck, let's allow the process to work itself through. Every candidate named above would be far better than Hillary. Even Trump!
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    I think Rubio teeters on the edge of being a Rhino saw or heard couple times, maybe on Drudge, not sure which that if Bush hits the toilet the RNC, Rove and a couple high dollar donors are interested in promoting him. The RNC and company are now more nervous about this upcoming election than a 90 year Grandmother in the middle of a miscarriage
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    I think Rubio teeters on the edge of being a Rhino saw or heard couple times, maybe on Drudge, not sure which that if Bush hits the toilet the RNC, Rove and a couple high dollar donors are interested in promoting him. The RNC and company are now more nervous about this upcoming election than a 90 year Grandmother in the middle of a miscarriage

I tend to agree, but he is head an shoulders better than McCain or Romney, and unless he is a much better politician that I give him credit for being, he does seem to speak from the heart.

10 years ago Trump's politics on Health Care and Gun Control were very similar to Obama's. While it is possible he had a come to Jesus moment at some point after he turned 60, it is more likely that he is playing to the crowd. I like Rand Paul's stances better than Rubio's but am not 100% convinced as to temperament. Likewise with Cruz, though I would prefer both Cruz and Paul to Trump without a second thought.

Rubio has solid and thoughtful, and realistic positions.

Trump on the other hand, just sticks a fork in the air, senses red meat, and pokes at it.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Corrected it for you, Don. Give the the man credit where it's due. Trump doesn't often miss when he takes aim.[;)]

Trump on the other hand, just sticks a fork in the air, senses red meat, and pokes at it.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    For the moment lets believe Trump came to Jesus, is nominated wins the presidency. He then makes a deal with Cruz to be AG, only has one outstanding order go get the big name bad guys whether Democrat or Republican, includes IRS, Congress, Senate or any other Government Agency/Department. Along with this order he guarantees no interference do your thing

Being as sharp as I think he is Cruz being a fearless attorney knows way more at this time than he dare expose. Would have a lot of people now protected by the Establishment, Politics, Obama and the big money people running for the hills. Who knows he might even bag Soro's. I can see them copping out on each other in the process of CYA

I know it's a dream, but we can still dream cant we or is it regulated
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    For the moment lets believe Trump came to Jesus, is nominated wins the presidency. He then makes a deal with Cruz to be AG, only has one outstanding order go get the big name bad guys whether Democrat or Republican, includes IRS, Congress, Senate or any other Government Agency/Department. Along with this order he guarantees no interference do your thing

Being as sharp as I think he is Cruz being a fearless attorney knows way more at this time than he dare expose. Would have a lot of people now protected by the Establishment, Politics, Obama and the big money people running for the hills. Who knows he might even bag Soro's. I can see them copping out on each other in the process of CYA

I know it's a dream, but we can still dream cant we or is it regulated

And a fine dream it is. I would a have Trey Gowdy playing the part of Special Prosecutor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rubio has fallen apart ,and he doesn't go to class....why vote for a non worker?
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:"The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period," the position paper began.

Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-exists both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn't create the right, nor can it take it away.

He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as "America's first freedom," pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.

In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.First he states that the 2nd Amendment cannot be infringed upon, then he states that existing infringements should be kept.

Which is it, Trump?
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he got my vote when it counts...................
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    edited November -1
    37%! every time some one shoots at Trump,his stock rises!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    43 %!!!! and hasn't asked for a dime...
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He is the only candidate that has a real job....and knows how to run a business...he is not a politician....Do I trust him? More than any of the other candidates....will I vote for him?...at this time its to early to tell...[;)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so he tried and failed in a business...i screwed up several times in my businesses also but did not whine for a bailout...pick it up and move on
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    43 %!!!! and hasn't asked for a dime...
    That's what he should have said to Bush during the debate, he isn't going around selling his soul to donors with strings attached. I truly feel he's doing it 100% for America and not personal gain or ego, he has kids & grandkids and like many of us he's worried about their future, not his [;)] I don't see even if he made mistakes in office where he could do any worse than what we've had in recent years.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Pound_Puppy12000Pound_Puppy12000 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Trump is a bloviating azzhat. If by some stretch of the imagination this megalomaniac dolt is elected by the masses I assure you voter remorse will follow swiftly.

Trump is a business man, and after four bankruptcies in various business he seems to be a poor business man, at best. When he filed for bankruptcy it was the little guy that took it in the shorts. The big players walked, including Trump.

I'll take 4 bankruptcies over 4 embassy deaths any day. In that embassy, it was the "little guys that took it in the shorts" (literally). The big players walked, including Obama and Hillary.
  • Options
    Pound_Puppy12000Pound_Puppy12000 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    quote:"The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period," the position paper began.

In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.First he states that the 2nd Amendment cannot be infringed upon, then he states that existing infringements should be kept.

Which is it, Trump?

Whereas Hillary thinks the 2nd Amendment should be wiped from the Constitution and that existing infringements are not even a good start. I'll take my chances with Trump.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    * them rag heads Trump. I like the way he thinks.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I know I've spoken out against Trump in the past but the fact of the matter is he is ruffling some elite feathers across the whole political spectrum and I like that.

The elite have no dirt on him,he has no handlers and is completely funded by himself.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pound_Puppy12000
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster

Which is it, Trump?

Whereas Hillary thinks the 2nd Amendment should be wiped from the Constitution and that existing infringements are not even a good start. I'll take my chances with Trump.
    Not long ago Trump's opinion of the 2nd Amendment coincided closely with both Clinton's and Obama's. Recently (since he decided to run for president) this changed to the above contradiction. The man is as much a progressive as is Clinton.

Ted Cruz, however, has always believed the 2nd Amendment to be "a fundamental check on government tyranny."

He is, as of now, the only candidate to truly take a stance in favor of gun rights.
  • Options
    MadjackMadjack Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know about you guys but I'd rather have the Trumpster than many of the others. At least he isn't a "brown-noser" to the current wastes of time. What I'd really like to see, at this time anyway, is Cruz as President with Trump as VP. That way when Cruz starts back-pedaling, hopefully Trump will be standing behind him aiming his size 12's at his hind end and telling him, "Hey, we promised these people XXXX." Rubio is just another beltway stooge who will take orders from the elite KKK. But anyone is better than the lying, felon Hillary. We get her and the US is done!
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There has been a lot of people that lost their 2A rights, that need to be restored:

1) Convicted criminal. They have done their time, no sense losing 2A rights. I have all my rights, and have not been jailed This is just another way to disarm anyone that gets arrested, and there are a lot of them. Case-by-case basis.

2) Someone's on psych meds. I see the case being made. They don't lose their right, yet. But in my town, MANY are on meds, and we haven't had any gun violence. Nationwide 1 out of 5 are on these type meds. That's a lot of people to disarm. It is just another excuses to disarm the masses. Obama has already worked that into "Executive Action" with ObamaCare making NICS work with doctors.

3) State gun laws need to overturned.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Madjack
    But anyone is better than the lying, felon Hillary. We get her and the US is done!
    [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee