In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Not a fan of Cruz's cry baby tactics

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Politics
So I don't always fully follow the news, but of course I heard about Cruz calling out the Washington Post for the poor taste cartoon regarding his kids. Interestingly I didn't hear about the fact that Ted used his kids to read political satire regarding his opponents.

Ted you used your kids to read those stories and then you cried because they were thrown into the fray you suck and I for one wouldn't support him if he wins the nomination. I'll write in Trump.

I'm surprised the Post didn't leave it in and defend it to be honest.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    So I don't always fully follow the news, but of course I heard about Cruz calling out the Washington Post for the poor taste cartoon regarding his kids. Interestingly I didn't hear about the fact that Ted used his kids to read political satire regarding his opponents.

Ted you used your kids to read those stories and then you cried because they were thrown into the fray you suck and I for one wouldn't support him if he wins the nomination. I'll write in Trump.

And in doing so will basically cast a vote for Hillary.
    We are at a dangerous crossroads here and I think that regardless of who the nominee is, unless you want to see the Shrillary * in the Whitehouse, we'd better vote for whoever comes out on top in the nomination process. I'd take any of the R candidates over her.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thought * (sp) was the ultimate crying politico
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Odd that you appear to be working my list, but from the bottom up.

I would hope ANY candidate would object to their children being presented as monkeys on a string, even if the children were in campaign adds.

And somehow you can dismiss personal attacks on other candidates appearance, gender or totally dismissive because of their poll number. Or the personal attacks at a news outlet because he didn't like the questions and thought them unfair.

We already have one like that, we don't need another one. OK that's not fair.....Obama actually has a little more class.

"you will get tired of winning" = "Hope and Change"
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you guys imagine the uproar if someone did that to Ben's kids?
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps if you did follow the news and knew what you were talking about, you could avoid posting such foolish nonsense.

The satire video by Cruz is well done, not mean, and in what any normal human with the brains God gave a grape would think is good taste and humor.

Depicting his daughters as organ grinder monkeys is none of those things.

Write in Trump. Your value to a political discussion is already known.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To call Cruz a cry baby and vow to write in Trump shows an incredible disconnect with the reality of the two men. Trump cries about press coverage every time he is in front of a microphone.

Cruz is using the cartoon to raise money. While I think the better approach would have been to ignore it, I don't have a big problem with his response. Politicians take advantage of presented opportunities. Not a big deal.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    oboma would fit the cartoon better than cruz,just saying. mr myopic
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz would be the president our nation needs to turn around the ship, order full steam ahead and get away from the Marxist control we now have.

Trump should be put in charge of Federal Government building maintenance.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought his Christmas tactic was extremely tacky and inline with with what one would expect from a progressive.
    What's next?
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    I thought his Christmas tactic was extremely tacky and inline with with what one would expect from a progressive.

OK

1. Define Progressive.

2. Give examples of "progressive" as applied to Ted Cruz.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98

A bit disingenuous, or so it seems to me.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain