In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Five states REMOVE Trump from GOP Primary Ballot!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Politics
It seems that the battle is just beginning for Donald!

serf

http://christiantimesnewspaper.com/breaking-five-states-remove-trump-from-gop-primary-ballot/

In a blow to his presidential chances, billionaire businessman Donald Trump has found upwards of FIVE states that have removed his name from the ballot ahead of their primaries in early 2016.

Election judges in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida all allegedly forwarded messages to the Trump campaign on Wednesday informing the Republican front-runner that his candidacy was invalid per state laws. If not resolved by February 1st, Trump's campaign for the Republican nomination is effectively over.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if true it goes to show voters really have no say anymore....
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    According to this link it is a back door attempt to stir up problems for Trump

http://www.DNW.com/2015/12/ballot-shenanigans-in-plot-to-stop-trump/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and if they get away with that s--t, i will never vote their party again..even in local elections...because he hurt hildes feelins by telling the truth
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If one of the rules is that a candidate be a registered Republican by a certain date and Trump cannot prove he is or was, it is not a back door ban. It is simply forcing a candidate who, for example, made a big deal out of Obama's birth certificate to play by the rules.

Of course if they follow through with the ban the big baby will cry and moan, claim he is being treated unfairly, and will do what he can to put Clinton in the White House.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anybody who really speaks up for AMERICA will get slammed by both parties....fire em all
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    It only makes sense. Either you are a republican and get to run as a republican or, like Trump, you aren't and you don't.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "A former chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party says Donald Trump should not be on the Republican presidential primary ballot on Feb. 9 because the GOP frontrunner has not proven he is a registered Republican and has expressed views "inconsistent" with the state and national party's platform and by laws."

It seems to me that if the national party accepted he candidacy and has included him in the national debate then the only thing left should be the required number of signatures to get on the ballot, for a national office. The other requirement should only apply to State and local races that would be under the State party control.

I do not know when the filing deadlines are for these states but if this is a normal part of the review process then it is in order.

"views "inconsistent" with the state and national party's platform and by laws." Did they accept Grahams?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    "A former chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party says Donald Trump should not be on the Republican presidential primary ballot on Feb. 9 because the GOP frontrunner has not proven he is a registered Republican and has expressed views "inconsistent" with the state and national party's platform and by laws."

It seems to me that if the national party accepted he candidacy and has included him in the national debate then the only thing left should be the required number of signatures to get on the ballot, for a national office. The other requirement should only apply to State and local races that would be under the State party control.

I do not know when the filing deadlines are for these states but if this is a normal part of the review process then it is in order.

"views "inconsistent" with the state and national party's platform and by laws." Did they accept Grahams?

given most of Trump's stated stances, I would think there are probably some serious issues with the GOP, if they are not in line with them.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

given most of Trump's stated stances, I would think there are probably some serious issues with the GOP, if they are not in line with them.

I have a problem with Trumps positions NOW that are in conflict with past statements and actions.
    Did stated positions keep Sen. Ron Paul off the ballot?
    Or is the problem that the GOP (RNC) stated positions are inconsistent with what they actually DO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I have a problem with Trumps positions NOW that are in conflict with past statements and actions.
    Did stated positions keep Sen. Ron Paul off the ballot?
    Or is the problem that the GOP (RNC) stated positions are inconsistent with what they actually DO.

It's obvious Trump was allowed on the GOP stage based on his past political positions. To Ron's credit, Paul never took stances that aligned well with the GOP, and yes, that likely kept him from getting on their eventual ballot. My guess is they only allowed him to run as GOP only with the expectation he would fall in line at some point, or to be able to point to him as a case of "see, we included everyone" in an attempt to gain credibility. When it became clear he would not, they quickly maneuvered to discredit him. Similar to what happened with Alan Keyes.

It's become painfully clear that the establishment GOP really wants to be another arm of the Democrat party than to be anything distinguishable from it. For the life of me, I can't fathom why they feel it's a good strategy. From my vantage, it appears that rather than being concerned with electability, strategy, or anything else, they simply hold to ideals that are indistinguishable from those of the Democrat platform.

I wonder when Scott Walker will return as a favored son for his obvious willingness to cater to their demands? If I had to guess, it will be the next election cycle (they'll choose him over "Jeb!").
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been a Conservative Republican since the Goldwater Days....1964...no more for me I dropped them after the sell out in 2012....Independent only....Trump is as good as any of them , maybe better...
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Been a Conservative Republican since the Goldwater Days....1964...no more for me I dropped them after the sell out in 2012....Independent only....Trump is as good as any of them , maybe better...

Until after getting in he bans assault rifles and if your lucky you can keep the one's you got until you die or outright confiscation could be in the cards after the next mass murder event that is sure to come.

The Supreme Court sold us out on The Obama medical tax and They will give the next President The assault weapon ban,just watch.

After all The United Nations is behind both above laws and they are halfway there already! [:o)] How many senators almost did it this year? http://concealedwisconsin.com/blog/46-united-states-senators-who-voted-for-the-un-gun-ban/ Duh! 46 Wake Up!

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope the is worked out in a justifiable fashion.

But I think it would be real interesting to see who Trumps supporters would go to in Iowa.

It is a very valid point to bring up the 46 United States Senators Who Voted for the UN Gun Ban and the medical tax (ACA) .

The support in the Senate for both was:

100% of the Democrats
    100% of the Independents
    0% of the Republicans

As for the Supreme Committee and Ginsburg's replacement would it be better to have a really good negotiator or a Constitutional conservative picking ?

By the way who are the Independent candidates running for President?
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Five states remove Trump--- Total lies. All rumor.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The story does appear FALSE.