In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thousands of Cuban Refugees Crossing the Border

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
Well soon Texas will be Hispanic controlled and say bye bye to the republican party there! Guarantee food cards and free housing subsidy for all! No Obama care mandates! So free health care too!

serf

http://www.krgv.com/story/31053253/thousands-of-cuban-refugees-crossing-the-border

Congressman Henry Cuellar's office said Cuban refugees are coming to Laredo's Point of Entry every day and the numbers are increasing. They're coming from Central America through Mexico to the border.

Acosta's van can take more than just his family. He said he can help the Cuban refugees, but his goal is to pick up his family, to bring them safely back home.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS spoke to U.S. Customs and Border Protection to see if they were prepared for the influx. They released a statement that said in part, "U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is prepared to process the expected increase in Cubans applying for admission at South Texas ports of entry. CBP officers will process Cuban nationals in accordance with established procedures as expeditiously as possible while maintaining requirements and standards for individuals in our care."

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    border patrol is prepared to let more than the usual flow of illegals cross over without impediment...."we stand by our standby"
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What goes around comes around. You can bet the Mexicans won't make the mistake of letting illegal aliens in again after they take Texas back.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    may be OK if each one drives back one of the neat old cars....
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We should rethink that policy, too.

They say they are welcome because "we need farm labor." But, farm labor pays $11/hr. Many American unemployed would take those jobs.

When I was a kid (in the 70s) I had relatives that owned Tennessee farms land where they grew crops. They often hired predominately female black workers. They were on welfare and were working under the table on the farm. Just saying, that's the way it use to be. So no, Americans did not "refuse the do the work", as is often said by MSM talking heads.

Today those same crop land grow mostly CORN & SOY and cotton.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I'm concerned, if it looks like an illegal and talks like an illegal and doesn't have absolute proof of citizenship, send it back south. I don't care if it's on a cattle truck, a leaking barge, or if they get booted out of a C-130 at 30,000' on the other end as long as they're GONE. After the first 100 loads, the rest will get the idea that it's not a free ride any longer.
    I have ZERO sympathy for fence jumpers. Our country is going to have to shift into "survival mode" or the influx of illegals is going to turn the USA into just another TURD WORLD country.