In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mr. Trump will not be president'

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
LMAO... Thanks for the help...People Hate you mr. president. Keep talking they will show you. Trump has 53% according to the latest CNN Poll.

Mr. Trump will not be president': Obama unloads on the entire Republican 2016 field

barack obama(REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)
US President Barack Obama.

US President Barack Obama harshly criticized the entire slate of Republican presidential candidates during a press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

"I think foreign observers are troubled by some of the rhetoric that's been taking place in these Republican primaries and Republican debates," Obama said when asked what foreign leaders thought of Donald Trump.

Obama emphasized that his comments were not directed solely at Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner.

The president listed multiple issues, including climate change and immigration, on which he thought all of the GOP candidates were out of step:

I find it interesting that everybody's focused on Trump primarily just because he says in more interesting ways what the other candidates are saying as well. So he may up the ante in anti-Muslim sentiment, but if you look at what the other Republican candidates have said, that's pretty troubling, too. He may express strong anti-immigration sentiment, but you've heard that from the other candidates as well. ...

They're all denying climate change. I think that's troubling to the international community, since the science is unequivocal. And, you know, the other countries in the world, they kind of count on the United States being on the side of science and reason and common sense. ... But this is not just Mr. Trump. Look at the other statements that are being made by the other candidates.

By linking Trump's provocative statements and policies to the other GOP candidates, Obama echoed the Democratic Party's broader messaging.

But it was clear from the press conference that Obama viewed Trump with particular disdain. He predicted that Trump would not win the 2016 presidential race because the American electorate is too sober to place him in such an important position.

"I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be president. And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people. And I think that they recognize that being president is a serious job," Obama said.

"It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show," he added. "It's not promotion. It's not marketing. It's hard. And a lot of people count on us getting it right. And it's not a matter of pandering and doing whatever will get you in the news on a given day."

At a rally on Tuesday evening, Trump fired back, saying that Obama was "lucky" the reality-television star didn't run for president in 2012.

"This man has done such a bad job, he has set us back so far. For him to say that is a great compliment, to tell you the truth," Trump said. "You're lucky I didn't run last time when Romney ran, because you would've been a one-term president."

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's gonna pull for his team. I do wonder though, has the republican party ever nominated a pro-abortion candidate for President?
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "I continue to believe Mr. Trump will not be president. And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people. And I think that they recognize that being president is a serious job," Obama said.

Yea right,....that's why they elected you, not once, but twice. What a POS tool.

I am backing Cruz as I have since the beginning. He will never win though, and I know it. He sounds like a televangelist when he speaks, and he's a little 'weird' looking. That's a huge turn off for the current crop of 'media' driven morons that make up a large part of our population. If a candidate doesn't look and sound just right, they are unworthy of holding office regardless of what they stand for.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is eating this up with a spoon. The best advertising Trump can get is criticism from Obama.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That statement had me ROTFLMAO, for a while until I realized that people voted for this sham, TWICE!
    For Gods sake, we don't want the Schill or Free Love Bernie.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These Clinton-Obama progressives up here are squalling about Bernie and The Trumpster. This AM one is comparing them to McGovern and Goldwater and saying that neither will win. Maybe not, but I can't remember when I have enjoyed politics so much!!!!!!!!!!! Good Morning Gang![:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope he wins and delegates to smart people all the work
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    These Clinton-Obama progressives up here are squalling about Bernie and The Trumpster. This AM one is comparing them to McGovern and Goldwater and saying that neither will win. Maybe not, but I can't remember when I have enjoyed politics so much!!!!!!!!!!! Good Morning Gang![:D]
    ....me and you!.....That's why I'm voting for "Bernie"!The last 4 have been clowns,why not one more...he does know what he wants...unlike the Republican field!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I have never seen such an unstoppable machine as the Trump movement! This weak * President we have is what made Trump.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    I have never seen such an unstoppable machine as the Trump movement! This weak * President we have is what made Trump.

Provided it doesn't fall apart! Bush and his give a crap attitude about the Arabs buying our seaports and the patriot act didn't help either.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    ....me and you!.....That's why I'm voting for "Bernie"!The last 4 have been clowns,why not one more...he does know what he wants...unlike the Republican field!

Not me said the flea! I haven't stooped so low as to vote for Bernie yet! [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1

Here is what the DEMOCRAT pollsters and media hypes won't tell you:
    Donald Trump WILL pickup at least 30% of the DEMOCRAT voters and more than likely collect over 300 electoral votes.

Trump will win a majority of young voters, Blacks, and women.

If you scan news sites collectives like Newsmax, you will find many stories about Trump: All Negative.
    The negativity is what makes him appealing. If Trump wins the nomination, he will be the next POTUS.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

Here is what the DEMOCRAT pollsters and media hypes won't tell you:
    Donald Trump WILL pickup at least 30% of the DEMOCRAT voters and more than likely collect over 300 electoral votes.

Trump will win a majority of young voters, Blacks, and women.

If you scan news sites collectives like Newsmax, you will find many stories about Trump: All Negative.
    The negativity is what makes him appealing. If Trump wins the nomination, he will be the next POTUS.

Exactly, but I'm not so sure the percentage would be that high. And, I'm thinking should he win the ticket, he will pick up older democrats and to a lesser extent, the younger vote, and not so many from the blacks.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ads on TV are fast and furious. Everyone is ganging up on Rubio.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7:05 Tomorrow morning he will get at least one vote[:p]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    7:05 Tomorrow morning he will get at least one vote[:p]

Put the Ace of Diamonds in your pocket.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't care if he for the mandatory fluoridation of the worlds water supply..I AM TIRED OF THE SAME OL DEMOREPUB S++T...lies, taxes, waste, and forcing the taxpayer to provide welfare for the whole world...