In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

He still hasn't won a state, but it's Rubio

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
All of the candidates dropping out are going to see the majority of their supporters roll to Rubio, who is as close as the establishment is going to get to what they want.

If Cruz can't win SC.....he's toast.

Trump's diehard supporters give him a tremendous advantage in a divided field.....but that advantage narrows considerably once he only has one candidate lined up against him.

Rubio still has not won a primary....but he feels like the inevitable candidate to me.

Incidentally, I think he's also the most likely to beat Hillary in the general.

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump will continue to be the benefactor of a "Three Person Race"

Rubio's position on amnesty and immigration does not fare well with the white male voter. This is important in a GOP primary and immigration and amnesty are important issues.

DEMOCRATs and their slobbering support mechanism in media refuse to recognize the impact amnesty and immigration will have on the 2016 election. Both are strongly interrelated to national security, jobs, and the economy.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If Rubio was our President very little change would be noticed, government will grow in power consuming freedom and money at an accelerating pace. Rubio is part of the Elite, he just happens to be an (R) Elite.

He would be a few ticks better than Hillary but not much.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Rubio is now Fox's fair haired boy now that Jeb bit the bullet. The elite will finance the Rubio campaign with more money than he dreamed was available.

Rove will be on Fox every fifteen minutes spouting Rubio's virtues and how great the beltway Republicans are for the country. Wills and or Krautenmer will be on Fox every half hour. Both are beltway political whores, Krautenmer to a lesser extent ever so off he gets a mental jab and remembers there are a lot of disgusted non beltway people within the fly over areas he responds to on occasion

I rarely if ever watch Fox from 5 PM to 10 PM, I do watch Lou Dobbs on the Fox Business channel most evenings. Can't stomach Rove as one reason Fox has become the Republican elite CNN. Last night checking the results for SC had to go to Fox couldn't find it anywhere else, yep there is good old Rove spouting his BS

If the establishment should luck out and get Rubio elected he will simply be part of the Ryan/McConnell/Rino cartel
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem with your logic is that Rubio and Cruz are not going away Cruz is sticking it out no matter how many GOP go for Rubio

quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    All of the candidates dropping out are going to see the majority of their supporters roll to Rubio, who is as close as the establishment is going to get to what they want.

If Cruz can't win SC.....he's toast.

Trump's diehard supporters give him a tremendous advantage in a divided field.....but that advantage narrows considerably once he only has one candidate lined up against him.

Rubio still has not won a primary....but he feels like the inevitable candidate to me.

Incidentally, I think he's also the most likely to beat Hillary in the general.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    The problem with your logic is that Rubio and Cruz are not going away Cruz is sticking it out no matter how many GOP go for Rubio.

I don't see that. Cruz is only still in the race because he bet the farm on Iowa.

Cruz and Rubio have been essentially running neck and neck...and Rubio has had to split votes with multiple rivals.

Rubio is going to pick up more than enough support to move him ahead of Cruz.....with 3 candidates, Trump may be able to hang on to the lead....but Cruz can't sustain a bunch of losses. Rubio can because the money is lining up behind him.

Cruz may find himself in the position of kingmaker, depending on who he throws his support behind.