In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sums up my feelings about Trump

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
Matt Walsh on FB...don't know him, but I agree with him

Trump won South Carolina, a supposedly conservative Christian state, by a wide margin tonight.

A few quick reactions:

- Don't rationalize this. He didn't win because of Democrats. The man won Evangelicals. The man who -- JUST THIS WEEK -- praised Planned Parenthood, and who fishes for applause lines by cussing out his competitors and mocking disabled people, and who can't name a book in the Bible, and who said he doesn't need forgiveness from God, and who brags about sleeping with married women, and who said he'd love to date his own daughter because she has a hot body, and who supported the murder of fully developed infant children, and who blatantly lies and then lies again about lying, and who has encapsulated literally the exact opposite of anything that could remotely be considered a "Christian value," won with the indispensable assistance of Christians. The anger I feel towards those Christians in this moment cannot be put into words. They should be ashamed. I will pray for them.

- Speaking of winning conservatives, Trump -- JUST THIS WEEK -- said he likes the Obamacare mandate. This was, according to conservatives, the most important thing to defeat not but two years ago. Now some of those same conservatives are voting for a big government liberal who says he supports the very thing these very people were sure would undo the Republic just a few months ago.

- If Trump wins the nomination, conservatism in this country is officially dead, and the country itself will be close behind it.

- Speaking of the country's demise, Trump fans are gleefully ushering in tyranny. I am tired of hearing about their "anger." They claim they are angry at the very thing they now embrace. They aren't angry. They're bored. They're immature. They're infatuated with celebrity and fame and money. They aren't angry. I'm angry about what they are doing to my nation. The rest of us can be angry, but these people have lost the right to have their anger taken seriously.

- I don't want to hear about second place consolation prizes. If Cruz or Rubio can't win South Carolina, it may be time to panic. I'm sorry, but it's true. Deal with the reality, folks.

- According to exit polls, Trump fans don't necessarily think he's electable and they don't believe he shares their values, but "they want change." Dear God, we are really doing 2008 all over again. People voting for ambiguous, non-specific change in spite of the avalanche of red flags. We are really doing this again. I am so disgusted at the stupidity in this country.

- Bush should be commended for dropping out. He's an honorable and decent man, although I didn't support him. The others in the bottom tier, should they stay in, will be doing potentially irreparable harm to this country and my children's future. And that is something I will struggle to forgive.

- Get on your knees and pray for this country tonight. Right now. I feel we are on the cusp of something terrible. Pray we avoid it.

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    is this guy linked at the trunk to Hannity or Beck?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    is this guy linked at the trunk to Hannity or Beck?

I have no idea, even if so that doesn't make his views any less valid. As far as I am concerned, folks like Falwell Jr should be ashamed for not standing up for their faith, and endorsing someone that endorses ideas counter to their religious values.
  • Options
    captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My main concern who he will pick for a supreme court justice we can't afford a moderate judge now. I think either Cruz or Rubio will do a better job of selecting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by captnobody
    My main concern who he will pick for a supreme court justice we can't afford a moderate judge now. I think either Cruz or Rubio will do a better job of selecting

He will pick a liberal, he is vehemently pro-abortion. What is the likelihood of a pro-abortion, pro-gun control judge??? Very high. NY values have their consequences.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to sum up Trump. Don is such a wild card. Certainly he has steered up some new points. Trumps contribution is fresh ideas to the mix....

Others will get the go ahead to go for the gold. Then no matter who gets it. Count on "more of the same"[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not willing to take the chance on who he might appoint to the supreme court the day Scalia passed away changed everything for me that postion is to important for a experiment
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump has hauled them in hook, line, and sinker. His 'peeps' actually think his purpose is to 'Make America great again."

He is doing what many extremely wealthy people do when they have attained almost everything, and become bored....he is seeking pure power in the form of the most powerful political office on the face of the planet.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Trump has hauled them in hook, line, and sinker. His 'peeps' actually think his purpose is to 'Make America great again."

He is doing what many extremely wealthy people do when they have attained almost everything, and become bored....he is seeking pure power in the form of the most powerful political office on the face of the planet.

I agree, Mark, and well-stated. Trump is a master salesman and utilizes his well-honed skills to mesmerize his followers.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is a bully and the way he is going may bully his way to the top. He will pick Dr. Carson as his VP and based on his show he and rest of his family will run the country. Everyday in congress good or bad will be a cluster with him bulling to get his way. It will almost be like a dictator.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Justice Date of Birth Appointed by Sworn in
    Vacant
    (Antonin Scalia) 3/11/1936
    Died 2/13/2016
    Served: 29 yr 4 mo
    Anthony Kennedy 7/23/1936
    Served: 28 yr 0 mo
    Clarence Thomas 6/23/1948
    Served: 24 yr 3 mo
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg 3/15/1933
    Served: 22 yr 6 mo
    Stephen Breyer 8/15/1938
    Served: 21 yr 6 mo
    John G. Roberts 1/27/1955
    Served: 10 yr 4 mo
    Samuel A. Alito, Jr. 4/1/1950
    Served: 10 yr 0 mo
    Sonia Sotomayor 6/25/1954
    Served: 6 yr 6 mo
    Elena Kagan 4/28/1960
    Served: 5 yr 6 mo
    I see a chance of 3 appointments in the next 4 years and the best I see from Trump is a John Roberts and that is stretching it