In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How Cruz could become President

ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Politics
Cruz is by all accounts brilliantly smart.

1.) Come out and say that while my personal beliefs are for no Amnesty, the attempt to deport as many as 12 million men women and children from America could exceed the benefit, therefore as I have said before I will support legislation that eliminates citizenship for illegal aliens but provides a path for legally staying in this country with conditions and we must enforce immigration going forward. (after all his pappy got political asylum after his Visa expired).

2.)While my personal Christian beliefs do not support abortion for any reason, I understand that forcing a woman to bear the child of a violent act may place religious beliefs into law and could support legislation for abortion for the life of the mother and rape.

3.) And most important, Americans will require SS/Medicare and healthcare and while I don't support Obamacare I will provide and alternate plan to provide affordable retirement and healthcare in America and not just eliminate it without an alternative plan.

But he has to soften some if he plans to win.

Comments

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That "lunatic" who accurately predicted virtually every step a BO administration would take to destroy your country?
    Arrivederci gigi
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sxsnuf
    That "lunatic" who accurately predicted virtually every step a BO administration would take to destroy your country?

That is true, and he did it before Obama was elected.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beck was years behind the power curve and did not commit to his present track until he joined a movement that was already well in place outside of the typical political and media arena.

The biggest problem for cruz, aside from him being pegged as briliuant is that he does not have the capacity to persudae people to follow him...he simply cannot connect with the anger in this country the way Trump does. He looks as if he is auditioning for a movie role when he speaks to the people. In essence he is not speaking from the heart with genuine compassion as I see it.
    What's next?
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    Cruz is by all accounts brilliantly smart.

1.) Come out and say that while my personal beliefs are for no Amnesty, the attempt to deport as many as 12 million men women and children from America could exceed the benefit, therefore as I have said before I will support legislation that eliminates citizenship for illegal aliens but provides a path for legally staying in this country with conditions and we must enforce immigration going forward. (after all his pappy got political asylum after his Visa expired).

2.)While my personal Christian beliefs do not support abortion for any reason, I understand that forcing a woman to bear the child of a violent act may place religious beliefs into law and could support legislation for abortion for the life of the mother and rape.

3.) And most important, Americans will require SS/Medicare and healthcare and while I don't support Obamacare I will provide and alternate plan to provide affordable retirement and healthcare in America and not just eliminate it without an alternative plan.

But he has to soften some if he plans to win.

Agree that Cruz is smart. Great on guns too. But he has a PR problem and I don't think that goes away. I wonder, does he understand he has an issue?

Regarding abortion, that it is used so often indicates a greater problem with today's society. I disagree with the court decision, that it is constitutionally protected, but that it may not be a right doesn't follow that it ought to be prohibited.

I've never understood the "except for rape" exception. If what's inside is human life, a baby, and if the paramount goal is to preserve the life of the baby what difference does it make how that life came about? If "except for rape" is OK how about including "I got really drunk and screwed" or "I just broke up with my boyfriend and don't want to be reminded of him"? I realize rape is especially offensive, but is it so to the extent a life should be deliberately ended?

Regarding Cruz, I think he'd have a tough time finessing his views on abortion and immigration.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We continue to be told by the media pundits, election season after election season that a conservative can't win a general election. We keep being told that republicans must put up a moderate candidate, so election after election we put up a moderate candidate and the liberals put up an extreme left candidate, and as of late the liberals win. Since Reagan we have not even attempted to elect a conservative. Well I say why don't we try? Run a conservative on economic issues, and immigration. Why let the liberals pull the candidate into the social issues, abortion, happy marriage, those issues for the most part are settled. No matter what fantasy world Trump tries to weave, he is not a conservative, he is about as far from it as you can get.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    We continue to be told by the media pundits, election season after election season that a conservative can't win a general election. We keep being told that republicans must put up a moderate candidate, so election after election we put up a moderate candidate and the liberals put up an extreme left candidate, and as of late the liberals win. Since Reagan we have not even attempted to elect a conservative. Well I say why don't we try? Run a conservative on economic issues, and immigration. Why let the liberals pull the candidate into the social issues, abortion, happy marriage, those issues for the most part are settled. No matter what fantasy world Trump tries to weave, he is not a conservative, he is about as far from it as you can get.

Ding Ding Ding! Given a choice between a demorat and a wannabe demorat, the electorate goes for the genuine article. Run a conservative, stick to the issues that are in play, and see what happens.

Abortion and happy marriage are issues that will not be won at the ballot box, so stop giving the left the chance to harp about them.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glen Becks attorney, was/is my attorney. He always ask me if I want to come see his show. No thanks. I haven't watched Glen in about three years, or any other talking head. My attorney's name is Joseph Kerry. Great guy and friend. Oakie
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    To bad he chained himself to that lunatic Glen Beck. Beck is now fasting for Cruz....[:o)]

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/21/glenn-beck-responds-to-sc-primary-results-join-me-in-a-fast-for-ted-cruz/

Yea, I hated to see that too. Beck is a fruitcake of immense proportions.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll vote for Cruz on the primaries and will vote for whom ever of the 3 gets nominated, If Monica's boyfriends wife wins our country will from circling around in the toilet flush down for good.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Beck was years behind the power curve and did not commit to his present track until he joined a movement that was already well in place outside of the typical political and media arena.

The biggest problem for cruz, aside from him being pegged as briliuant is that he does not have the capacity to persudae people to follow him...he simply cannot connect with the anger in this country the way Trump does. He looks as if he is auditioning for a movie role when he speaks to the people. In essence he is not speaking from the heart with genuine compassion as I see it.
    .....he just looks like he is lying to me...Can't put my finger on it but.....
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I think it's his patented Televangelist crying-on-cue.

I haven't seen anything so ridiculous since Jimmy Swaggart got caught with a cheap hooker.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I think it's his patented Televangelist crying-on-cue.

I haven't seen anything so ridiculous since Jimmy Swaggart got caught with a cheap hooker.
    That's exactly it! Jimmy Swaggert syndrome!....Televangelist.An you know Jimmy! Hitler did the same,so did Mussolini...[:D]