In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Bloodless Coup

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
As Donald Trump steamrolled through the Super Tuesday primary it became so apparent that the Republican establishment (GOPe) cares only about party and power and not about the people that even the most brain dead Republican voter had to see it.

The GOP thinks party first, corporate paymasters second and voters last, if at all. That's why so many of them can't figure out the Trump phenomenon. South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy thinks Republican voters are just having a "temper tantrum" and that it'll end soon "for the good of the party." Establishment types, from Senator Marco Rubio to Senator Mitch McConnell to Mitt Romney whine and wail that Trump is "destroying the party."

If he is, Trump supporters say "good riddance." They couldn't care less about "good of the party."

Read more at: http://personalliberty.com/a-bloodless-coup/

The GOP has long held to a system in which members "work their way up" in the party, much like the practice of the now-defunct Soviet Communist Party (and we know where that got them).

Under this system, it is absolutely impossible for a political wonder, a "young Turk" like Barack Hussein Obama (a.k.a. liar-in-chief) to be elected to much of anything. So if a super-popular Republican candidate comes along with the promise of uniting the electorate behind him (or her) he would not conform to the party's system, and thus not be accepted or supported.

It does not matter to the GOP that the candidate can win the election, but only that he is not beholden, body and soul, to the party, its self-appointed leaders, and the Republican money men, i.e., big business. In other words, they would not totally control him, and thus would lose some of the power they might otherwise exert by electing a yes-man.

So the GOP would rather attack the popular candidate and lose the election than lose a little of their party power, which if the party collapses, would amount to nothing anyhow.

Now that is irony.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So the GOP would rather attack the popular candidate and lose the election than lose a little of their party power, which if the party collapses, would amount to nothing anyhow.

There is no difference between the (D) and (R) parties. Deeply rooted institutionalized corruption is the ruling party. Lets call it the (C) party. For the parties to keep the corruption going they must support the (C) party above all else their assigned * or elephants are window dressing. The Elite (R)'s would indeed kill their first born and destroy the Republican party to keep the (C) party in control. Every single (D) would do the same. It is the way it works in a cesspool of evil corruption. We have a cesspool in DC.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bravo! Truth bespoken...
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    The big problem for the GOP presently, is that currently they have another front runner that is the equivalent to Hillary Clinton. I think they remember all too well that a Democrat running as a GOP candidate, can't beat a Democrat, simply because of the label. And they are presently seeing a lot of cross over of Dems choosing to vote in the GOP primaries. That's, of course, a tactic the Dems learned from the GOP. They seem pretty upset about that.

Their second, and bigger problem is their chosen guy was rejected en masse. Their only hope (Rubio) can't stop taking a swig from the water bottle long enough to keep a coherrent argument together, and he came off as such a milque toast candidate earlier on that when they finally goaded him into attack mode he has no idea when to shut the hell up.

Frankly it's all pretty sicking, but it gets worse.

The biggest problem I see within the GOP is that the majority of the would be voters, which is actually conservative, keeps being shunned. I have yet to figure out the why's on that. I suspect that is because they know a true conservative is going to cut government and they fear for their jobs.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain