In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If Hilary wins the nomination and

asopasop Member Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
between then and the general election gets indicated what happens? Can a nominee be impeached? If so would the dems. leave her as nominee and if not how would they go about getting another nominee?

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure of the legal end of it but it would seem a bit odd to swear in an indited POTUS elect while she awaits trial. Living in today's world nothing would surprise me.
  • Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    between then and the general election gets indicated what happens? Can a nominee be impeached? If so would the dems. leave her as nominee and if not how would they go about getting another nominee?
    You mean indicted?

In this situation, impeachment only applies to Clinton if she's already in office.

However, there have been cases of criminals, particularly black politicians, being elected to office, even after they have been indicted, and sometimes even convicted.

I think it would be absolutely sure that even if charged, Clinton's lawyers could delay trial for at least four years. [:(]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    klintons legals would delay, sidetrack, twist any action till after she died of old age screaming "i know nothing"
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    I believe the DNC would simply move to nominate the runner up. There really is no better recourse for them.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....since 1964 I have voted for the Republican nominee....if Donald is thrown to the wolves, I swear I'll vote for the Democrat, that's how fed up with the GOP
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary is the nominee. That was decided years ago. The dog and pony show is just for the pot heads.
    Hillary will not be indited. Not all Democrats are corrupt but most of them want something for nothing and they don't care how corrupt she is or anything else as long as they get something for nothing.
    Esa in the bible sold his birthright for a piece of meat. Same old thing still going on. Our birthright here in America is freedom and some will sell it out for a handout. It's that simple.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The party could do whatever it wanted to do.

At some point in time, people will need to realize that the primaries are only a means for the parties to gauge the mood of the populace in an effort to assist them in appointing a nominee. Federal Law does not dictate what they do with the vote, only party rules dictate what they do.

At the Convention (as was done in our State Convention in 2008, BTW) the party can change the rules if they wish and void each and every vote during the primaries.

The Primaries are not a government controlled or regulated event. They are strictly party events and are subject to whims of the party at all times.

Democrats could choose to leave her as the nominee, or they could select anyone to replace her. Only if convicted would she be prohibited from gaining the Presidency. If only indicted, and if she becomes President, she could pardon herself and anyone else involved or at risk.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if she is the nominee she will ignore everything till she is elected then pardon herself...bet me it couldn't happen