In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Obama says it?s ?tempting? to be a dictator

CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
edited March 2016 in Politics
President Obama gave a speech to La Raza the other day and admitted that "the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting" when it came to dealing with Congress over the debt deal. And while he added the caveat that our democracy doesn't work like that - the crowd was cheering the possibility of Obama side stepping Congress and doing things his own way. The whole scenario reminded Glenn and Pat of (nerd alert) the scene in the Star Wars prequel where Palpatine grants himself emergency powers - effectively making him The Emperor - as the Senate cheers on. Pat even played audio from the scene where Natalie Portman's character says, "This is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/07/26/obama-says-its-tempting-to-be-a-dictator/

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like his books his intent is spelled out plainly...just get past the posturing and gamesmanship and it's plainly visible....
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    It should come as no surprise that chocolate jesus the Irishman is clueless to the fact this is a republic his puppeteers are governing.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Didn't GW say "Sometimes I think it would be easier if I were a dictator"?

.......but he did not say it to La Raza.

For O to become a dictator, he would have to have a whole "gang" of well-armed folks to back him up.

.....just sayin.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a bit of a stretch, then you totally lost me with the star-trek stuff.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Obama trying to go from an elected POTUS to a self-appointed Messiah would cause the Second Amendment to the Constitution to be illustrated by "We The People". He would not be Dear Leader for long.
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got it. Eventually.[;)][}:)][:p]
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nemesis says that is allowable and anyone who opposes the jack boots is a conspiracy theorist and needs to rounded up. You are the problem not Obama and the federal government. We must worship the federal govt as they write paychecks and can do no wrong.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    For O to become a dictator, he would have to have a whole "gang" of well-armed folks to back him up.

Like Maybe The ARMY [:I]
    [:I]

quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

.....just sayin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I think Obama trying to go from an elected POTUS to a self-appointed Messiah would cause the Second Amendment to the Constitution to be illustrated by "We The People". He would not be Dear Leader for long.

Yea, he would continue with no problem. You'd follow orders just like you do today.

And the second amend and the Constitution does not give us our rights. We had weapons before the piece of paper ever existed and we'll have rights after it is gone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The pen is often mightier than the sword. The time to speak up is now while we still can. By the time the sword is needed it may be too late.
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is still trying.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

For O to become a dictator, he would have to have a whole "gang" of well-armed folks to back black him up.

.....just sayin.

Fixed it for you

and isn't that what all of this BLM crap is about. To get the black man stirred up?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no one paid attention to what he said the last two elections...why should they take this statement to heart ????????
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    He is still trying.
    yep
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain