In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can't fathom...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
Local radio show host said today that if Trump is GOP candidate there's no point in voting as he and Hillary are exactly the same.

I stopped listening to him at that point. No matter who you prefer, any of the Republicans is better than Hillary, IMO.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Some cretins are insisting third party is the way to go.
    Obviously they're incorrect in this particular instance.
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the host meant what I also most fear, that Trump is in cahoots with the Clintons and will throw the election to Hilly one way or another.

Marc Theissen is a very reputable Conservative pundit. He wrote the following (and a lot more) in June of 2015:

>>The Post reported in 2011 that "The biggest recipient of all has been the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee of New York, which has taken in more than $125,000 from Trump and his companies. Overall, Trump has given nearly $600,000 to New York state campaigns, with more than two-thirds going to Democrats." He even boasted of it. "So, what am I going to do, contribute to Republicans?" he told Fox News'S Sean Hannity. "I mean, one thing I'm not stupid. Am I going to contribute to a Republican for my whole life when they get, they run against some Democrat. And the most they can get is one percent of the vote?"<<

Full article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-donald-trump-helped-democrats-pass-obamacare/2015/06/22/002f4c7c-18ea-11e5-ab92-c75ae6ab94b5_story.html

So the host and myself doubt that Trump can be trusted. Yet people believe and worship his every word - just as other people did with 'bama the last eight years.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc. Ft Thompson has Unique and Bullseye powder
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump may not be a "true conservative" but he's the only one who gives a crap about immigration.

If the GOP had paid attention, instead of pandering for Hispanic votes they'll never get anyways, Trump would have never been a factor.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is wrong. Trump is left of Hillary.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    Except Trump.
    Of course, since Trump is not a Republican, that is obviously what Doc meant.[;)]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep hearing people compare Trump and Hillary as being the same. Are they really? Lets see. One is under federal investigation and should've been in jail by now. The other is not under federal investigation. One favors Austrailian style gun confiscation and is married to a former president that brought us the last federal AWB. One is not for this.
    One would repeal all carry laws if they could. One wants borderless carry, (which everyone was for a few years ago but now some are defending the states rights to ban your 2nd amendment right to self defense and carry). One wants open boarders. One wants closed borders and rule of law to prevail.
    One has lived off the govt teet for most of their life. The other has not.
    Despite a comment or two here or there, (such as support for planned parenthood), at some point, there's enough substance there to not want Hillary anywhere near the Whitehouse again.
    These people who claim he's further left than Hillary I wish they would explain themselves further rather than just spouting off. Because I'm not seeing it. Yeah, I'd prefer Ted Cruz, but to act like we'd be better of with Hillary for 4 years than Trump is so insane it's laughable.
    How much experience did B.O. have coming in!? Community organizer/part time Senator from IL? So he was a politician that has succeeded at winning TWO elections and occupying office for EIGHT YEARS?? C'mon folks. [V]

There's been a lot of bad, ineffective presidents. Much of the credit they take for good or bad is due to no fault of their own and just happens to be the circumstances in place while they hold office. After watching BO win two elections, I'm convinced anybody is capable of being there and some of the population will be satisfied with it.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Show me someone better than Trump!....He is not a lawyer,he is not a politico,and he is married to a gorgeous "First Lady".......Get over it folks,when you stayed home last time you got Bonzo reelected..[:D]