In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Proof Cruz is perhaps confused

ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
"Every human life is a precious gift from God and should be protected from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death," Cruz said in his speech.

"I believe in the death penalty,"

"I believe the death penalty is a recognition of the preciousness of human life"

So effectively a child once conceived HAS to be born and protected until the end of it's natural life UNLESS Mr. Cruz decides it deserves the death penalty :)

Sadly while I respect his Constitutional knowledge Mr. Cruz has a plan to impose his morals on the rest of the country and has said he intends to nominate Supreme court justices that would side with his morals on the issue.

Comments

• Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the eternal dilemma, the apparent contradiction of the death penalty.

Punishment under human law is a form of retribution for a an illegal act. Punishment is supposed to fit the crime, so retributive justice can be distinguished from revenge in the sense that guilty are expected to give up something in return for the offenses they committed. Someone guilty of a crime that is so abhorrent as to merit the death penalty - criminal murder, for example - cannot hide behind any moral defense, and they then give up their lives in retribution for taking another's life.

However, the unborn child or the baby are doubtlessly innocent of any culpability justifying punishment, especially punishment by death, so there is no actual contradiction created by a society condemning abortion while sanctioning capital punishment.

Capital punishment is defined as the legally authorized killing of someone as punishment for a crime. Therefore, the only way to justify abortion is to deny that the unborn is a person, a someone, a human being, which is totally inhuman on the part of those that support abortion as a form of birth control.

Recalling that Jesus specifically differentiated between the individual and the government, there is then no valid opposition to the death penalty on religious bases. Individually, we should forgive the transgressor, but society should not be so forgiving without careful and thorough consideration, else anarchy will result.

The same does not apply to abortion because, as the pro-death people constantly remind us, abortion is an individual choice.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    If a woman chooses abortion, it is a "mass of cells," a "fetus." If a pregnant woman is murdered, the "fetus" magically becomes human and the killer is charged with a double homicide.

The woman's choice is the difference?
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For someone to "deserve the death penalty" requires the willful taking of another's life. Deliberate, not an accident, killing another person. I would suspect the person did NOT want their life ended at that time. For someone to "deserve the death penalty" they will receive a trial by jury and reviews and appeals of the trial decision. Due process.

Many believe the life cycle starts at conception. The cycle is conception till death. Pregnancy does not have a sliding scale. A woman is either pregnant or not. The CHOICE in most cases is how she got there.

Had I have been on the court at the time of ROE the last place the pro-abortion advocates would have wanted to go is the Federal level. I believe the Federal government should decide protecting the innocent is there job, not devising new rights.

I think this is what Cruz's position is and I agree. I do realize the many do not share these moral values.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am fed up of horrible, heinous murders committed and the perp getting a death sentence and then NOT implemented....one kansas case has 2 perps jerking the legal system and families and friends of 5 (FIVE) dead victims for about 16 (SIXTEEN) years...absolutely NO reason they should be consuming oxygen and the cost of prison and countless legal wrangles when proven beyond a shadow of any doubt they could not live in any reasonable society .....i am positive those 5 victims and 1 survivor did not wish to be party to this
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Indeed, in the not-so-distant past, it was not unusual for the verdict to be rendered on Monday and the hanging to take place on Tuesday.

How many of these executions are paraded by the liberal, anti-death-penalty faction as being unjust?

Perhaps a time limit is required in all death penalty sentences. For example, the condemned has five years, but no more, to enter all appeals. In addition, a lawyer should be assigned full-time to work for and with the condemned.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Perhaps the OP could share why these things present a contradiction and what evidence there is that Cruz would "impose his morals" as suggested.

This appears to be nothing more than trolling of the lowest order.[xx(]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    "Every human life is a precious gift from God and should be protected from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death," Cruz said in his speech.

"I believe in the death penalty,"

"I believe the death penalty is a recognition of the preciousness of human life"

So effectively a child once conceived HAS to be born and protected until the end of it's natural life UNLESS Mr. Cruz decides it deserves the death penalty :)

Sadly while I respect his Constitutional knowledge Mr. Cruz has a plan to impose his morals on the rest of the country and has said he intends to nominate Supreme court justices that would side with his morals on the issue.

Taking statements out of context is a poor way to convince people of anything.

If you are going to claim that you really don't understand how both capital punishment and opposition to abortion are entirely consistent, then either you are so dense as to not be qualified to comment on the subject, or you have not looked into the matter, or you are not telling the truth.

I'll let you decide.
    A bit harsh, don't you think?
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    "This is the eternal dilemma, the apparent contradiction of the death penalty." et seq [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BTW, the issue is neither eternal, nor necessarily a dilemma.
    I think it is. BTW, you can think whatever you damned well please.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    If a woman chooses abortion, it is a "mass of cells," a "fetus." If a pregnant woman is murdered, the "fetus" magically becomes human and the killer is charged with a double homicide.

The woman's choice is the difference?

I agree a totally double standard under Man's Legal interpretations.The supreme court is unfit to rule and it's women's liberation for political votes that makes Justice a mockery of before us all.

Trams humanism is making a Unisex world of equality yet they mock natures laws in doing so. However man which is part of a woman has not given the women the peace and love but now death and equality in fighting wars in combat in order to give The women politicians power to become monstrous Lilith lovers instead.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1

Please explain how you came to that conclusion.
    What is the matter with you?

The line you are quibbling about was merely the introductory sentence to a post that thoroughly explained my position on the apparent contradiction between support of the death penalty and condemnation of abortion.

But rather than enter into the subject and spirit of the discussion started by Scottymac and followed by all the other posters (except you) you nitpick and try to hijack the topic with your trifling claptrap.

Get a life, barzillia.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tall don't sweat it, he and one or two others will debate any side of an argument without having any real personal thought they want to win at something they have lost at life. They are debating not discussing.

The line you are quibbling about was merely the introductory sentence to a post that thoroughly explained my position on the apparent contradiction between support of the death penalty and condemnation of abortion.

But rather than enter into the subject and spirit of the discussion started by Scottymac and followed by all the other posters (except you) you nitpick and try to hijack the topic with your trifling claptrap.

Get a life, barzillia.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tall don't sweat it, he and one or two others will debate any side of an argument without having any real personal thought they want to win at something they have lost at life. They are debating not discussing.

Get a life, barzillia.

Indeed. Barzillia and I go way back. In fact, I've grown rather fond of him. He's like an old dog that's been around for years and every now and then bites the hell out of someone, but he's just been with you too long to put him out of his misery.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the OP. The deliberate mis-stating of the actual and stated Constitutional position of Ted Cruz suggests only confusion on the part of the poster, not the candidate.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    To the OP. The deliberate mis-stating of the actual and stated Constitutional position of Ted Cruz suggests only confusion on the part of the poster, not the candidate.

When lies become necessary to tear down a person, you know that person is really desperate.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How can I be misstating what Cruz has on his own web site?

Cruz firmly believes in no abortion for any reason period, Not incest not medical, not rape. Cruz would clearly and has said he would nominate Justices who side with him to over turn Roe wade.

Cruz doesn't believe the 10th covers abortion.

You can't alter the man's position to suit yourself and throw out the parts you don't like about him.

Cruz CLEARLY is against Apples position. He said so.

Cruz has said his tax plan would reduce taxes on the top earners by 29.1% FACT

Cruz has said the (Expected) increase in incomes from the reduced taxes on the wealthy would cover the 18% consumption tax passed on to the consumer. Cruz has not addressed the impact this would have on Seniors that he clearly said will not see increases in SS.

Now go read Cruz's position.

And as I asked before and you diverted provide ONE ONE link that says Cruz's tax plan is not a VAT. ONE

you can't

But hey I can't debate you or Cruz I deal with facts not hyperbole

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're gonna lie, you need to have an excellent memory.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Cruz firmly believes in no abortion for any reason period, Not incest not medical, not rape. Cruz would clearly and has said he would nominate Justices who side with him to over turn Roe wade.

You can't alter the man's position to suit yourself and throw out the parts you don't like about him.

Cruz has said the (Expected) increase in incomes from the reduced taxes on the wealthy would cover the 18% consumption tax passed on to the consumer. Cruz has not addressed the impact this would have on Seniors that he clearly said will not see increases in SS.

And as I asked before and you diverted provide ONE ONE link that says Cruz's tax plan is not a VAT. ONE

you can't

To the response to the response to the OP:

The deliberate mis-stating of the actual and stated Constitutional position of Ted Cruz suggests only confusion on the part of the poster, not the candidate.

Your facts are opinions and projections of one or many who cherry pick details and create a false narrative from narrow mis-informed and deliberately mis-leading statements.

Only you can correct your ignorance. You asking me or anyone else to do so is not only a confirmation of that ignorance, but displays an intellectual laziness, not unlike your pathetic little idol, that is the cause of that affect.

Your mind is closed. I get it. I have cited Cruz's 10th Amendment response to the abortion question when asked about policy. He has specifically stated that while he believes a certain way, the Federal Government is bound by the Constitution in how he could govern.

I have also pointed out how the BTT is only the consolidation of existing FICA and Medicare taxes and how every source you cite states that it is unlike any VAT in existence today for that very reason. It is a production tax that replace existing production taxes. It is not a consumption tax and to suggest otherwise confirms the intellectual laziness referenced above.

You offer nothing to this discussion, as you refuse to invest yourself or your time into anything but the regurgitation of ignorant establishment talking points in support of a candidate that represents through his history the worst of what that establishment can be and has been.

It is understandable that a low information voter will strike out at that which he does not, will not, or cannot comprehend. For that voter to suggest thought has been involved in that process is laughable.

All the best.

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

you can't

To the response to the response to the OP:

The deliberate mis-stating of the actual and stated Constitutional position of Ted Cruz suggests only confusion on the part of the poster, not the candidate.

Your facts are opinions and projections of one or many who cherry pick details and create a false narrative from narrow mis-informed and deliberately mis-leading statements.

Only you can correct your ignorance. You asking me or anyone else to do so is not only a confirmation of that ignorance, but displays and intellectual laziness, not unlike your pathetic little idol, that is the cause of that affect.

Your mind is closed. I get it. I have cited Cruz's 10th Amendment response to the abortion question when asked about policy. He has specifically stated that while he believes a certain way, the Federal Government is bound by the Constitution in how he could govern.

I have also pointed out how the BTT is the only consolidation of existing FICA and Medicare taxes and how every source you cite states that it is unlike any VAT in existence today for that very reason. It is a production tax that replace existing production taxes. It is not a consumption tax and the to suggest otherwise confirm the intellectual laziness referenced above.

You offer nothing to this discussion, as you refuse to invest yourself or your time into anything but the regurgitation of ignorant establishment talking points in support of a candidate that represents through his history the worst of what that establishment can be and has been.

It is understandable that a low information voter will strike out at that which he does not, will not, or cannot comprehend. For that voter to suggest thought has been involved in that process is laughable.

All the best.

Don

+100

Cruz understands the position of the Presidency. This will affect how he can handle the current UN-constitutional agencies and regs.

Trump is a conservative, WHY? Because he says so. OK.......HIEL HOPE,YA'LL

OK Trumpettes, how would a 20~45% tariff be GOOD for seniors?

I can't wait for the MSM about Trump trying to buy the election. And how his tariffs will affect "single moms and minorities hardest hit". You know the Walmart shoppers.