.

Cruz

bpostbpost Member Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
Copied from else where.

1. Cruz defended the Ten Commandments, and won.

As the Solicitor General of Texas, Cruz defended the Ten Commandments on Texas Capitol Grounds from legal attack by an atheist. Cruz won the case, 5-4, before the U.S. Supreme Court.

2. Cruz protected the words "One Nation Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, and won.

As the Solicitor General of Texas, Cruz represented all 50 states as amici defending the rights of schoolchildren to acknowledge God's role in our nation by retaining the words "One Nation Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Cruz won the case, unanimously, before the U.S. Supreme Court.

3. Cruz protected the rights of over 3 million veterans to keep the Mojave Desert Veterans Memorial, and won.

In private practice, Cruz represented over 3 million veterans pro bono (for free), to preserve a lone, white Latin cross in the Mojave Desert commemorating those who fought and died in World War I. The ACLU sued, and the lower courts ordered that the veterans' memorial be torn down. Cruz won the case, 5-4, before the U.S. Supreme Court.

4. Cruz defended Americans' right to run their businesses in accordance with their religious beliefs.

Through Obamacare, President Obama sought to force family businesses to pay for abortion-inducing drugs, in violation of their religious faith. Cruz supported Hobby Lobby, taking a stand at the Supreme Court against the Obamacare mandate and won, with the Supreme Court ruling in favor of the religious families.

5. Cruz safeguarded the rights of schoolchildren to express their religious faith.

As Senator, Cruz fought for the right of student athletes in Texas to display banners with Bible verses during football games. A public school district attempted to prohibit that form of religious speech on the field, but Cruz led a brief in support of the students, and the school district reversed its policy, allowing them to include Bible verses on their banners.

6. Cruz helped shield Pastors against government intrusion.

As Senator, Cruz stood up for the religious rights of pastors and churches when the City of Houston attempted to subpoena sermons or speeches related to a transgender-rights ordinance. The City had ordered five pastors to hand over their sermons or speeches related to gender identity and samesexuality. Senator Cruz shined the national spotlight on this outrageous government infringement of religious rights, resulting in the Houston Mayor retracting the subpoenas.

7. Cruz has consistently fought to save the precious lives of unborn children.

a. As Solicitor General, Cruz:

Successfully defended the federal law that bans partial-birth abortion.

b. Successfully defended the parental-notification law in New Hampshire.

c. Successfully defended the right of states not to give taxpayer funds to Planned Parenthood.

And as Senator, Cruz:

a. Led the fight against taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.

b. Led the fight against Democrats' e orts to undermine state restrictions on abortion.

c. Led the fight for congressional investigations on Kermit Gosnell and other abortion providers

violating our criminal laws.

8. Cruz does not accept that an activist Supreme Court makes law or that its opinions are the final law of the land.

When the Supreme Court issued its decisions in the Obamacare and same-sex marriage cases, and other so-called conservatives quit fighting- pronouncing the decisions to be the settled "law of the land"-Cruz refused to relent. He said:

"This week's opinions are but the latest in a long line of judicial assaults on our Constitution and the common-sense values that have made America great. During the past 50 years, the Court has condemned millions of innocent unborn children to death, banished God from our schools and public squares, extended constitutional protections to prisoners of war on foreign soil, authorized the confiscation of property from one private owner to transfer it to another, and has now required all Americans to purchase a specific product, and to accept the redefinition of an institution ordained by God and long predating the formation of the Court. . . .

"The time has come, therefore, to recognize that the problem lies not with the lawless rulings of individual lawless justices, but with the lawlessness of the Court itself. The decisions that have deformed our constitutional order and have debased our culture are but symptoms of the disease of liberal judicial activism that has infected our judiciary. A remedy is needed that will restore health to the sick man in our constitutional system. . . ."

9. Cruz introduced a constitutional amendment to preserve the right of states to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

For millennia, marriage has been understood to be the union of one man and one woman. Cruz is leading the fight to protect the right of the People to de ne marriage as it has been traditionally understood.

Cruz introduced legislation stripping the federal courts of jurisdiction over challenges to marriage.

Cruz introduced legislation that would use the constitutional authority of Congress to remove the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to attempt to redefine marriage.

10. Cruz stood with Kim Davis and will stand with all Americans in safeguarding their God-given right to live according to their faith and their conscience.

As President, Cruz will refuse to use his Article II powers to undermine traditional marriage, and will instead use the full force of the federal government to protect the religious liberty of every American. He will, for example, prohibit federal agencies from denying or revoking any legal benefits such as tax-exemption or accreditation for any church, charity, university, or school because of their support for marriage between a man and a woman. He will also appoint Judges and Justices who will faithfully follow the Constitution and not engage in judicial activism. He will stand with pastors, people of faith, and their leaders to establish a culture that respects life and traditional marriage, and protects religious liberty for all.

Now is the time to act!

? Call the people of influence that look to you for guidance and urge them to support Ted Cruz

Comments

  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,233 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like he wins.....but not POTUS...[:o)]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of folks on this board and apparently in America don't care about the constitution any more. Why they can be so stupid is beyond me.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't agree with Mr. P you are stupid. Hmmm

    Well maybe we should make you dic tator so you can lead us all
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    If you don't agree with Mr. P you are stupid. Hmmm

    Well maybe we should make you dic tator so you can lead us all




    Your reading skills are pathetic.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,578 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can anyone post a picture of Cruz beside Herman Munster's grandfather?

    See any resemblance?


    [;)]
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz clearly doesn't believe in the separation of church and state and wants to legislate the womb.

    So you can't kill anything but he believes in the Death Penalty even if sometimes we get it wrong. Odd duck that Cruz.

    I believe in the Death penalty I accept that we may on occasion after all good faith efforts get it wrong but I also respect keeping the Government out of the Bedroom and out of the choice that needs to be made between a woman and her religious faith and not the law.

    Especially when you are against welfare and yet want to force child bearing? If you force the woman to have them are you willing to keep paying for them?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    Cruz clearly doesn't believe in the separation of church and state and wants to legislate the womb.

    So you can't kill anything but he believes in the Death Penalty even if sometimes we get it wrong. Odd duck that Cruz.

    I believe in the Death penalty I accept that we may on occasion after all good faith efforts get it wrong but I also respect keeping the Government out of the Bedroom and out of the choice that needs to be made between a woman and her religious faith and not the law.

    Especially when you are against welfare and yet want to force child bearing? If you force the woman to have them are you willing to keep paying for them?



    You repeat this lie every chance you get. Read what Cruz has specifically stated.

    Then read the 10th Amendment. You will find agreement.

    Oh, the 10th Amendment can be found in most copies of the Constitution in the Amendment section.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What LIE???

    Cruz is clearly against abortion for ANY reason, he would clearly appoint justices with same thoughts.

    Cruz clearly doesn't believe in the separation of Church adn State heck he claims he is God's choice of President.

    And wants to legislate morality ask him and he will tell you I am not lying these are his stated positions.

    Terminating the life of an innocent person in a wrong death penalty is better somehow?


    Cruz is way off mental and you know it but you are playing devils advocate

    quote]Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    Cruz clearly doesn't believe in the separation of church and state and wants to legislate the womb.

    So you can't kill anything but he believes in the Death Penalty even if sometimes we get it wrong. Odd duck that Cruz.

    I believe in the Death penalty I accept that we may on occasion after all good faith efforts get it wrong but I also respect keeping the Government out of the Bedroom and out of the choice that needs to be made between a woman and her religious faith and not the law.

    Especially when you are against welfare and yet want to force child bearing? If you force the woman to have them are you willing to keep paying for them?



    You repeat this lie every chance you get. Read what Cruz has specifically stated.

    Then read the 10th Amendment. You will find agreement.

    Oh, the 10th Amendment can be found in most copies of the Constitution in the Amendment section.
    [/quote]
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pointed out to you a week ago how Cruz stated that while he is against abortion, he recognizes that it is a 10th Amendment issue.

    The fact that you choose to be ignorant, Scottymac, does not change the fact that your statement is a blatant mis-representation of Cruz's position.

    He has his beliefs. He also understands the limitations placed upon the President and Congress by the Constitution.

    Why to I bother. You Trump sheep refuse to read or think past the talking points your dear leader feeds you.

    Edit: For what it's worth, Cruz holds the same position that Justice Scalia held. Worth considering if SCOTUS appointments figure at all into one's decision making process.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,233 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love elections...brings out some real good forum fodder....LOL!
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,821
    edited November -1
    Cruz looks like a double agent who built conservative Credentials just to get into position to do more damage to America.

    https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/cfr-and-conservative-cruz/
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    Cruz looks like a double agent who built conservative Credentials just to get into position to do more damage to America.

    https://themarshallreport.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/cfr-and-conservative-cruz/
    Cruz: Well, it's kinda interesting. There are opponents in this race who have taken to attacking my wife. I'll say several things to that. First of all, it's pretty revealing. When you see opponents in a campaign attacking a candidate's wife, she's not running for office, I am, and the fact that they are attacking my wife -- and what they're targeting [3:51 mins in] is she was, for a brief period, what's called a "term member" of the Council on Foreign Relations. There are thousands of members on the Council on Foreign Relations. She joined it when she stepped down -- she was in the Bush administration -- she joined it as one of the few conservatives a part of the Council of Foreign Relations trying to push for conservative outcomes. John Bolton is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. There are a handful that do so [I believe he is intimating a handful of conservatives on the CFR].

    You know, the fact though that some of my opponents are attacking my wife, is what I would suggest, if someone's worried about that, the reason they're worried about it is the attack is suggesting that I would be less than a full-throated defender of U.S. sovereignty. And that's what my opponents are trying to do.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The biggest problem with the Cruz campaign is that he is addressing actual issues with proposed policy fixes. When you lay out policy proposals you open up attacks from opponents. He is also failing in the 'stick your finger' in your opponents eye. This is obviously more appealing to many voters that prefer personal attacks than restoring the Constitution or trying to recover the Republic.

    The Trump campaign is brilliant in that it is the Democrat model of campaigning. Attack, Isolate demean your opponents. Don't' be too specific, blame others, just talk about how good you ideas are and how great things will be. Entertain your audience like Don Rickels.

    My view is that the federal government should treat all citizens fairly and equally regardless of their station in life. Thus I support the flat tax in contrast of the progressive system we currently have which is supported by Trump and his supports. I disagree with their view " From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." as government policy or attitude.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    The biggest problem with the Cruz campaign is that he is addressing actual issues with proposed policy fixes. When you lay out policy proposals you open up attacks from opponents. He is also failing in the 'stick your finger' in your opponents eye. This is obviously more appealing to many voters that prefer personal attacks than restoring the Constitution or trying to recover the Republic.

    The Trump campaign is brilliant in that it is the Democrat model of campaigning. Attack, Isolate demean your opponents. Don't' be too specific, blame others, just talk about how good you ideas are and how great things will be. Entertain your audience like Don Rickels.

    My view is that the federal government should treat all citizens fairly and equally regardless of their station in life. Thus I support the flat tax in contrast of the progressive system we currently have which is supported by Trump and his supports. I disagree with their view " From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." as government policy or attitude.


    Excellent parsing and analysis.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    The biggest problem with the Cruz campaign is that he is addressing actual issues with proposed policy fixes. When you lay out policy proposals you open up attacks from opponents. He is also failing in the 'stick your finger' in your opponents eye. This is obviously more appealing to many voters that prefer personal attacks than restoring the Constitution or trying to recover the Republic.

    The Trump campaign is brilliant in that it is the Democrat model of campaigning. Attack, Isolate demean your opponents. Don't' be too specific, blame others, just talk about how good you ideas are and how great things will be. Entertain your audience like Don Rickels.

    My view is that the federal government should treat all citizens fairly and equally regardless of their station in life. Thus I support the flat tax in contrast of the progressive system we currently have which is supported by Trump and his supports. I disagree with their view " From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." as government policy or attitude.


    Excellent parsing and analysis.

    Thank You [:)]
Sign In or Register to comment.