In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Romney is an Idiot

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
Cruz and Rubio said they would support the nominee.

Comments

• Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I much liked Trump's reply that four years ago Romney was begging for his endorsement. Now Nitt has forgotten the favor and is attacking Trump at the behest of his party masters and social betters.

As they say, there is no honor among thieves (a.k.a. the GOP).
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The title to the thread is 100% spot on.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mitt rhymes with $#!&
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many in the GOP Establishment reject what Trump is, what he promotes, and how he promotes it.

That is perfectly within the right and privilege of the party, though the fundamental lack of understanding of the changing landscape of the electorate will not serve the party well into the future.

I don't doubt for a minute that Romney believes every word he said. Trump, as well as Cruz for that matter, will severely erode the power of the party over its members. We have seen, through the reaction of mainstream Republicans, how they react to those who do not toe the party line. It is no coincidence that Romney spoke after the Texas primary. He could state that Floridians should vote for Rubio and that Ohioans should vote for Kasich. He could not have made that statement prior to Super Tuesday, as he would have had to include Texas and Cruz in the statement, something he and the bulk of the mainstream of the party could not stomach.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Sort of a strange observation, but one to consider...

There are financially poor men and women to whom money and power mean nothing. They can't be bought and they can't be blackmailed. Fortunately for those in power they don't much matter. Then the occasional Trump who has more money and power than all but a very few in this world. This allows a certain freedom from those who would attempt to manipulate. Trump matters a great deal.

This is dangerous for the ambitious who seek riches and power. Such as Trump cannot be trusted to play by the old rules. Romney is a case in point. He's successful by most standards but his success has a lot to do with his ties to the system. He's been given much but those who have given are keeping a tab. Now it's being called in. Shades of the Mafia if you will.

I personally doubt that Romney believes but a very few words he's said about Trump. In a way I pity the man because he has to know what a fool he's been forced to make of himself. On the other hand it might be obvious that Romney has sold his soul in his quest to get to where he is. He really has no choice in what he's being directed to do.

Romney an idiot? I don't think so. Rather he's a man who has little choice in what he does by virtue of his past aspirations and decisions. Some of which have left him in virtual bondage to those pulling his strings.

There's a lesson here methinks for some of us.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    I much liked Trump's reply that four years ago Romney was begging for his endorsement. Now Nitt has forgotten the favor and is attacking Trump at the behest of his party masters and social betters.

As they say, there is no honor among thieves (a.k.a. the GOP).

That's how I remember George the Ist. Remember how he treated the NRA?
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nord, I believe Trump is not beholden to anyone, except his own ego, that is what makes him able to be elected?
    Like the current POTUS, the populace believed that "He" was not beholden to the machine either.
    There has to be LEADERSHIP to legislate.
    The Congress and Senate can move forward, but the POTUS should not be writing Executive Orders to conduct daily business