In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Presidential Hypocrisy

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
quote:President Barack Obama on Monday lashed out at U.S. reporters for failing to "dig deeper and to demand more" from the current crop of presidential candidates. Members of the press quickly bit back at the leader of the "most transparent" administration in U.S. history.

"The No. 1 question I am getting as I travel around the world or talk to world leaders right now is, `What is happening to America?' " Obama said.

"There's a man lecturing the media on how to do their business," [MSNBC's "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough] said. "The man who has not sat down for an extended interview with the Washington Post in seven and a half years and . gladly submits himself to being interviewed by YouTube stars who sit in bathtubs with milk and Fruitloops."

Guardian's U.S. national security reporter Spencer Ackerman also took notice, saying via Twitter: "Always great to hear a lecture on real reporting from Obama as I get an expedited-processing FOIA denial from an inspector general's office."

Buzzfeed News editor Miriam Elder said she cared "roughly 0% how Obama thinks journalists can do their jobs better."

Politico's Marc Caputo also weighed in, tweeting: "Obama admin. slow-walks Freedom of Information requests, limits press access/plays favorites, prosecutes reporters, then he lectures journalists."

We've been covering the Obama White House's anti-press schemes for a while; here are just a few examples of why these reporters have a point:

Obama's Administration Less Transparent In 2010, AP Reports

Obama Should Blame Bush, Thank Whistle-Blowers And Keep Up The Bad Work

Trying (and trying) to get records from the `most transparent administration' ever

White House celebrates Sunshine Week by announcing key office is not subject to FOIA

Watchdogs turn to Congress to combat Obama's miserable transparency record

Obama Administration's `Transparent' Government Drops U.S. To 46th Place On World Press Freedom Index

Federal Judge Seeks To Thwart Obama's Hypocritical Use Of `State Secrets' Provision

GAO: Government Needs To Fix Transparency Flaws

Press keeps pleading with `transparent' Obama White House to loosen its grip on media access

Washington Reporters Say Obama Administration Is Least Transparent Since Nixon
http://personalliberty.com/reporters-fire-back-after-most-transparent-presidents-lecture-on-journalism/

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Just a drop in the ocean.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche