In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

question about trump Please

cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Politics
I'm a worthless 65 year old who had my head parted with a 122mm rocket in vn,and ain't very smart. I'm a 110% service connected Corporal US
Marine. I have a question I know several can answer.
Why do so many republician senators and congresspersons, hate him so much? why do they say he'll never be president while they are in office, and say if he gets the nominitaion they will vote for the shedevil.
I ain't in love with him myself but I dang sure ain't voting dem.
Thanks for any reasons.

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My best answer is, he aint them...(the establishment politician)...Trump is more Independent than party affiliated...if your a worldly businessman , you have to pander to all parties....and that's why Trump is being lambasted...Is Trump our savior" Don't know...but I would rather roll the dice on a winner than support the same losing system that gave us the last 8 years...The problem is there is no one that is Presidential anymore ..on both sides..Trump brings out the vote
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    My best answer is, he aint them...(the establishment politician)...Trump is more Independent than party affiliated...if your a worldly businessman , you have to pander to all parties....and that's why Trump is being lambasted...Is Trump our savior" Don't know...but I would rather roll the dice on a winner than support the same losing system that gave us the last 8 years...The problem is there is no one that is Presidential anymore ..on both sides..Trump brings out the vote

Bringing out the vote is a double edge sword and the joker is riding the horse this election cycle.Either they conform after the election of end up like JFK.

serf
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I asked my old singer on FB the same question after seeing his rant on Trump. He sent me Trump's proposed Tax Plan. It calls for cuts for people in my tax bracket. I looked up Sander's Tax plan, and his plan calls for my taxes staying the same. I can't afford my own home and the feds take about 12,000 a year from my wife and I. You can see that the amount would be a great down payment on a home after only two or three years.

So I asked my old singer what Sander's thought he was going to do with my money being the progressive that he is, and I answered my own question.

"Give that money to people who already live in Houses is my guess".

He did not respond.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    vote for anything but the SAME OL S==T that has been shoved down our throats for YEARS, while selling out AMERICA for personal gain ...and has more entertainment value than crappy made over tv shows
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will vote for Trump , because no one can show me anyone better![;)]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's because he isn't for sale.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is an outsider that did not follow the rules, just like Ted Cruz; the difference is Ted Cruz is scary smart, knows how to get things done in DC inspite of the Elite trying to stop him and Ted has a moral compass.

Trump is smart, he owes his political success to his willingness to say what needs said, he does not have a moral compass he will be unsuccessful in getting anything done as president
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    Trump supports gun control and that's about all you need to know.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd donate my left testicle to science if both Trump and Cruz could somehow work together as a team to beat the "establishment" but that ain't happening so I'm afraid science will have to suffer [:(]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Really? When are you going to pull your * out of your head?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump packs and so does his boys. Go Figure.
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump is "friends" with many hollyweird, Wall Street and Elected Masters. He is your friend as long as he is getting his way and you show him proper respect. Respect to Trump is you bow to his wants and his ideas.

He has no moral compass, he has no rudder based in morals or even God.

I don't hate him, I know he would be a horrid president, just as bad or worse than Obama.

Thank you for your sacrifice and service.
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    I do truly believe that there is a good possibility that Donald Trump's personality disorders will boil to the surface and be his undoing regardless of the delegate count at the time. He could very well fail to gain the Republican nomination, but will blame it on being unfairly treated and take down the whole Clinton (or Sanders) opposition by running on a third party ticket, splitting the republican vote and keeping a Democrat in the White House. I am certainly not hoping for this or predicting it, but it is a very real possibility given his egomania and obsession with blaming others for whatever doesn't go his way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    Really? When are you going to pull your * out of your head?
    Trump has said he supports a national concealed carry permit, states rights and the 10th Amendment be damned. He also compares it to a diver's license, which as he correctly notes is a privilege, not a right, the 2nd Amendment be damned.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/18/trump-backs-2nd-amendment-national-concealed-carry/

And regarding the 2nd Amendment in particular a mere 16 years ago Trump was all too willing to ban assault weapons and was all for increased waiting periods for folks to obtain firearms. Are we to believe him then, when he was willing to put it IN WRITING or now, when he's campaigning and seeking elected office?

quote: I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today's Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm hard put to think of anyone worse even including Billery. If Trump is the candidate I will probably just stay home & that means no down ticket votes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr.Perfect--- almost
    Regan was a democrat for quite some time. So was I. People change and wise up. We were all dumb at some point in life. Even Paul saw the light.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled

I'm hard put to think of anyone worse even including Billery. If Trump is the candidate I will probably just stay home & that means no down ticket votes.

This attitude scares the crap out of me.
    I am a die-hard Cru fan, but if it comes down to Trump or Hillery or Sanders (snicker, snicker, tee hee) I'll vote Trump. In this case it's a matter of 'better the devil you don't know'.
    The thought of Hillery as president scares the chit out of me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Mr.Perfect--- almost
    Regan was a democrat for quite some time. So was I. People change and wise up. We were all dumb at some point in life. Even Paul saw the light.
    Hahahaha. Well, under whose administration was it that we got the assault weapons ban of '86? Pop quiz Jerry: The misnamed FOPA was signed by which president? And so yeah... great... you want a Reagan redux. No thank you.[xx(][xx(] Why not support a man who has unwaveringly supported the 2nd Amendment instead? Man, the cluelessness is getting hard to bear.[xx(][xx(]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reagan, while he retained many of his flaws, particularly regarding allowing the little people to be armed, made the transition from Democrat to Republican in a very vocal and documented fashion many years before ran for President and even before he ran for Governor of California.

There is no documentation of any transformation by Trump until he announced his bid to use the GOP infrastructure to fashion a run for the Presidency.

There is even now only his word that he has, and he has repeatedly demonstrated that his word has no value what-so-ever.

Trump has not changed. He is an opportunist as a businessman, and freely admits (without shame, apparently) that he used his money for the purpose of buying influence. He is currently playing fast and loose with his words, falsely denying the meaning of obvious statements, continuing to claim he was always against the invasion of Iraq when he is documented in support leading up to and immediately after the invasion.

Trump has been an active member of the political establishment most of his adult life and has been remarkably successful in pulling the wool over the eyes of many as to this fact.

If you want to vote for someone who has difficulty telling the truth, you can vote for either Clinton or Trump. If you desire to demand more from your elected leaders, you would be best served looking elsewhere, both in the primaries and in the general.

I won't reward a lying piece of garbage with my vote, whether that that piece of garbage is named Clinton or Trump.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr.Perfect--- almost

If you are a Republican when you are young you have no heart. If you are a Democrat when you are older you have no brains.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr.Perfect--- almost

If you are a Republican when you are young you have no heart. If you are a Democrat when you are older you have no brains.
    Some of us have enough wisdom than to be in neither camp from our youth on.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr.Perfect--- almost

Some of us have enough wisdom than to be in either camp from our youth on.
    A vote for Cruz is a vote for The Dem nominee...Cruz can't win ife everyone quit...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Some of us have enough wisdom than to be in either camp from our youth on." from MrPerfect
    There is different ways to look at this statement. One is [everybody is wrong but him] the other is [ people who straddle the fence usually end up with their balls caught in the barb wire.]
    My guess is everybody else is wrong.
    There is two different ways of bragging. One method is to say I am smarter or better than everybody else. The other way is to say everybody else is worse or dumber than me. If you don't believe Mr.Perfect your stupid. Right?
    A discussion is not about who is right. A discussion is about what is right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Some of us have enough wisdom than to be in either camp from our youth on." from MrPerfect
    There is different ways to look at this statement. One is [everybody is wrong but him] the other is [ people who straddle the fence usually end up with their balls caught in the barb wire.]
    My guess is everybody else is wrong.
    There is two different ways of bragging. One method is to say I am smarter or better than everybody else. The other way is to say everybody else is worse or dumber than me. If you don't believe Mr.Perfect your stupid. Right?
    A discussion is not about who is right. A discussion is about what is right.

There's another way, and that is to supply the missing "n" from my post. See edit.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...now boys, ya'll play nice![:o)]