In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I like Cruz

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
edited April 2016 in Politics
The more I see and hear from him, the more I like him. Initially, I was leaning more toward Carson, but in recent weeks I've decided I like Cruz more than anyone.

I love his stance on 2A particularly.[:)]
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's lost some ground with many of my folks in Texas since Trump has tapped into their gut feelings and common sense.
    What's next?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz would make the best possible POTUS at a time when one is desperately needed to turn our nation around. My concern is the (R) scumbag elite hate his guts. Elite (R) members like McConnell and others would be no better than the (D) scum like Pelosi and Reid when it comes to stopping the insane spending and trimming governments feathers. Cruz would face a buzz saw of opposition from his own party over the lost wages of corruption that currently runs DC.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Ted Cruz would make the best possible POTUS at a time when one is desperately needed to turn our nation around. My concern is the (R) scumbag elite hate his guts. Elite (R) members like McConnell and others would be no better than the (D) scum like Pelosi and Reid when it comes to stopping the insane spending and trimming governments feathers. Cruz would face a buzz saw of opposition from his own party over the lost wages of corruption that currently runs DC.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I've sent Cruz for President contributions twice now, intend to contribute more.

The You Tube video of his debate with Diane Feinstein sold me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb9Hs2SmfQ
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cruz got some quality air time tonight on Hannity and continued his attack on New York (city) Values, and Hannity was supportive of the matter, but he did include other liberal areas. I was surprised to see it to tell you the truth. Cruz needs to continue to drive these valid points home from time to time which goes really well with his overall theme in terms of uniting the kind of people that might vote republican.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    One of the common complaints I hear and occasionally read from those born and raised in the Southern states is the abrasive, rude, self centered New Yorkers and those form the surrounding areas moving South, move in and shortly after want all the big City conveniences and ways.

Damn big City Eastern's get upset when you use the word Maam (sp) they think your swearing at a woman.

Those of us born and raised in the North from rural areas can move South, not upset things with Yankee ways and after a period of time be accepted by the natives. I know of several who have done so and found a great lifestyle compared to all the City people moving into our normally quite ways wanting to change everything to their liking. Then * like hell when they get some of the Eastern ways implemented and taxes take off

Yes Cruz is dead on about New York, Im adding including the surrounding
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz may be the best shot GOP establishment has left at stopping Trump.

Trump dominates the polls, but he's still polling at well below 50%.

They want Bush, but Jeb has the all the charisma of a dish rag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

They want Bush, but Jeb has the all the charisma of a dish rag.
    And the same understanding of constitutionally limited government as GWB.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Too bad he's just another pawn controlled and financed by Goldman Sachs/Lehman Bros. criminal banking cartel. Plus his wife is an investment manager for Goldman Sachs. That's enough to tell me he's just another puppet that will carry out whatever his handlers tell him to.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly the Republican Party seems to be more worried about running "their preferred candidate" than winning the election. That attitude got us 8 years of Obama. Got to win it to do anything.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A possibly illegal alien, half Cuban, lawyer, career politician-what's not to like???????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see you're one of the 6% that approves the Republican controlled Congress.quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Sadly the Republican Party seems to be more worried about running "their preferred candidate" than winning the election. That attitude got us 8 years of Obama. Got to win it to do anything.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote They want Bush, but Jeb has the all the charisma of a dish rag.

Disagree, I love my dishrags and they have a use [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes! Atleast a dish rag will clean up a mess![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SG

In his kitchen, but in office one would no doubt be placed in a prominent position near the door handle coming and going.
    What's next?
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can appreciate, and even envy, the view that what this country needs is a good manager. Someone that will employ good, smart people and listen to them. A GREAT DEAL maker. This would be a good choice for those that embrace the PCO (see Ron Paul) and accept a large Federal Government and believe it would be better if we had SMART people running it.

My concern with The Donald is that for his current positions he has had exactly the opposite positions in the recent past. Is he dealing? I believe he really does care about this country, but is care enough?

I prefer Cruz because his position of limited government and enumerated powers. Can he right the federal ship, I don't know. I would like to see him try. And he would try. Everything he said he would do he tried. Earning disdain from others in the party, but true to his positions. Two years in elected office does NOT make anyone a career politician.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do like Cruz but...he is still controlled with funding through the exact system of corruption that we are desperately trying to eliminate. I also agree on your indecision with Trump,I share the same feelings. On the other hand, Trump is not controlled with Establishment money and that is why I'm leaning towards him as my only choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My quote wasn't meant to be interpreted as any kind of support for Jeb[:D]quote:Originally posted by kimi

In his kitchen, but in office one would no doubt be placed in a prominent position near the door handle coming and going.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do like Cruz but...he is still controlled with funding through the exact system of corruption that we are desperately trying to eliminate. I also agree on your indecision with Trump,I share the same feelings. On the other hand, Trump is not controlled with Establishment money and that is why I'm leaning towards him as my only choice.

True he is not controlled be establishment money. He is by definition establishment money. Primarily Democrat money, did he support their ideas, goals or was he just buying access. Regardless he is a better choice than anyone running as a Democrat. But definitely NOT my first choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947
    I can appreciate, and even envy, the view that what this country needs is a good manager. Someone that will employ good, smart people and listen to them. A GREAT DEAL maker. This would be a good choice for those that embrace the PCO (see Ron Paul) and accept a large Federal Government and believe it would be better if we had SMART people running it.

My concern with The Donald is that for his current positions he has had exactly the opposite positions in the recent past. Is he dealing? I believe he really does care about this country, but is care enough?

I prefer Cruz because his position of limited government and enumerated powers. Can he right the federal ship, I don't know. I would like to see him try. And he would try. Everything he said he would do he tried. Earning disdain from others in the party, but true to his positions. Two years in elected office does NOT make anyone a career politician.

Part of righting the ship will be to downsize the federal government. I believe Cruz will work toward that. Maybe that is naive to an extent (because Congress has the purse strings).
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Honestly,I believe this country is screwed no matter who is the next President. The only one I could trust to do the right thing is Rand Paul and he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the nomination. Probably write his name in out of principle like I have done twice already with Ron Paul.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Honestly,I believe this country is screwed no matter who is the next President. The only one I could trust to do the right thing is Rand Paul and he doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the nomination. Probably write his name in out of principle like I have done twice already with Ron Paul.

That will help Hillary or crazy Uncle Bernie. ANY republican will be better than one of those two.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Not really.... if you look at funding for Ted it comes from MOSTLY guys like me giving 10-25 bucks every so often as the campaign goes on.
    https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00033085

the pie chart shows his funding is 99% individual donors, some small, some big. Pac money, almost zero percent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Not really.... if you look at funding for Ted it comes from MOSTLY guys like me giving 10-25 bucks every so often as the campaign goes on.
    https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00033085

the pie chart shows his funding is 99% individual donors, some small, some big. Pac money, almost zero percent.

And ME[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haven't seen anything that would change my mind yet.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Me either, I support Ted Cruz for POTUS. I will send him another 20 bucks on Friday.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Trump, and he sent me a hat....never sent him a dime....I like a guy that puts his "money" where his mouth is!Trump owes no one buAmerica any anything...
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz lies way to much,, many times by EXAGGERATING the facts. Cruz. lies, Trump knows it's not true,, Trump calls out "Lying Cruz"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/04/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-says-donald-trump-wrote-10-checks-hillary/

Rubio pointed this out in a Town Hall Meeting.
    CHARLESTON
    Florida Sen. Marco Rubio accused Texas Sen. Ted Cruz of lying about his record Wednesday night as the two Republicans battle for second place in Saturday's hotly contested South Carolina primary.

"I said he's been lying because if you say something that isn't true and you say it over and over again and you know that it's not true, there's no other word for it," Rubio said at a CNN town hall meeting.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article60988512.html#storylink=cpy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    Cruz lies way to much,, many times by EXAGGERATING the facts. Cruz. lies, Trump knows it's not true,, Trump calls out "Lying Cruz"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/04/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-says-donald-trump-wrote-10-checks-hillary/

Rubio pointed this out in a Town Hall Meeting.
    CHARLESTON
    Florida Sen. Marco Rubio accused Texas Sen. Ted Cruz of lying about his record Wednesday night as the two Republicans battle for second place in Saturday's hotly contested South Carolina primary.

"I said he's been lying because if you say something that isn't true and you say it over and over again and you know that it's not true, there's no other word for it," Rubio said at a CNN town hall meeting.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article60988512.html#storylink=cpy
    You do realize, don't you, that your links fail to support the notion of Ted Cruz being a liar in any way shape or form, right? Of course you don't.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cruz makes statements containing "half truths" or worse.

Cruz seems prone to selecting a few words and building his response which he "contorted" into an OUT OF CONTEXT FALSE STATEMENT. ie: lie

Cruz said:
    "he's described Hillary Clinton as... one of the best secretaries of state in history.

Trump in 2015
    But, Unnoted by Cruz, Trump has most recently been critical of Clinton's work, calling her one of the country's worst secretaries of state. On July 8, 2015, he sent a statement to the Business Insider calling Clinton "the worst secretary of state in the history of the United States."

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2016/mar/08/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-best-secreta/
    Is this "lying Cruz" or just "Don't mention the facts Cruz"?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Cruz seems prone to selecting a few words and building his response which he "contorted" into an OUT OF CONTEXT FALSE STATEMENT. ie: lie

Cruz said:
    "he's described Hillary Clinton as... one of the best secretaries of state in history.

Trump in 2015
    But, Unnoted by Cruz, Trump has most recently been critical of Clinton's work, calling her one of the country's worst secretaries of state. On July 8, 2015, he sent a statement to the Business Insider calling Clinton "the worst secretary of state in the history of the United States."

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2016/mar/08/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-best-secreta/

So Cruz is a liar because he did NOT include Trumps current stand. The current position was not the issue. It's not an opponent's job to emphasize Trumps CURRENT position.

Did you follow your link?

The first clip is from a 2012 Fox News interview, where he says, "Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

The second clip shows Trump saying of Clinton during an interview, "I know her very well. I know her husband very well. I like them both and they're just really terrific people. I like them both very much, but I think you'll be looking at the record of Hillary Clinton and how did she do as secretary of state-probably above and beyond everybody else and everything else. I don't know if Benghazi resonated like it should have. A lot of people are going to be looking at Hillary's record as secretary of state and she will be defending that record. I'm sure she'll do a good job defending it.."

So Cruz is the liar because:

He said Trump praise Clinton before he criticized her.

or

That Trump supported the Assault weapons ban (longer waiting time) before he was a second amendment advocate.

or

That Trump provided campaign financial support to progressives before he claimed to be a conservative.

or

That Trump praised the ACA and single payer health care before he wanted to replace it (with something you will really, really like).

or

How Trump supports Planned Parenthood yet opposes abortion.

So who is the liar. Cruz or the NEW and IMPROVED Trump.

By the way Trump is loaning the money to his campaign, loans are repaid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by casper1947

Cruz said:

Trump in 2015

So Cruz is a liar because he did NOT include Trumps current stand. The current position was not the issue. It's not an opponent's job to emphasize Trumps CURRENT position.

Did you follow your link?

The first clip is from a 2012 Fox News interview, where he says, "Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

The second clip shows Trump saying of Clinton during an interview, "I know her very well. I know her husband very well. I like them both and they're just really terrific people. I like them both very much, but I think you'll be looking at the record of Hillary Clinton and how did she do as secretary of state-probably above and beyond everybody else and everything else. I don't know if Benghazi resonated like it should have. A lot of people are going to be looking at Hillary's record as secretary of state and she will be defending that record. I'm sure she'll do a good job defending it.."

So Cruz is the liar because:

He said Trump praise Clinton before he criticized her.

or

That Trump supported the Assault weapons ban (longer waiting time) before he was a second amendment advocate.

or

That Trump provided campaign financial support to progressives before he claimed to be a conservative.

or

That Trump praised the ACA and single payer health care before he wanted to replace it (with something you will really, really like).

or

How Trump supports Planned Parenthood yet opposes abortion.

So who is the liar. Cruz or the NEW and IMPROVED Trump.

By the way Trump is loaning the money to his campaign, loans are repaid.

Exactly. Trump supporters have nothing else to use against Cruz, so they just follow their leader (blindly) using his playground tactics of "nanny nanny boo boo on you".
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cruz has a problem with the truth, he either BELIEVES Harry Reid LOVES Trump or is a liar. The former indicates he is unfit to become the president of a Hot Dog stand or has a problem with reality.

CRUZ interview remark:
    Then he (CRUZ) added, "There's a reason (Senate Democratic Leader) Harry Reid, when asked about the Republican field, said the Republican he likes the best is Donald Trump, and he said, because I can work with him. He'll cut deals. We've had too many deals in Washington.

The TRUTH:
    On Jan. 27 - one day after Trump said he got along well with Reid and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi on MSNBC's Morning Joe -

Reid told reporters at an impromptu media availability, "Look, we've gotten along fine," referring to Trump. "With that bunch of people running, I'm kind of pulling for him." Reid said Jokingly.
    Reid also said, "Oh, I remember the good old days when he did a fundraiser or two for me."

Apparently realizing that his words could be misconstrued, Reid took to the Senate floor the next day (Jan. 28th), seeking to clarify that he had only been joking about "pulling for" Trump in the presidential race.

Cruz made his comment ONE MONTH after Harry Reid had said the comment was a JOKE.

So,, Clueless Cruz or should it be CARPET BOMB CRUZ would say anything to advance his campaign or is acting like a pathological liar or both.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/02/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-wrongly-says-senate-democratic-leader-har/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "Cruzzzzz can't handle the truth"!....now he wants to "Carpet Bomb" ISIS!....Dam, where does he come up with that stuff???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cruz has a problem with the truth, he either BELIEVES Harry Reid LOVES Trump or is a liar. The former indicates he is unfit to become the president of a Hot Dog stand or has a problem with reality.

CRUZ interview remark:
    Then he (CRUZ) added, "There's a reason (Senate Democratic Leader) Harry Reid, when asked about the Republican field, said the Republican he likes the best is Donald Trump, and he said, because I can work with him. He'll cut deals. We've had too many deals in Washington.

The TRUTH:
    On Jan. 27 - one day after Trump said he got along well with Reid and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi on MSNBC's Morning Joe -

Reid told reporters at an impromptu media availability, "Look, we've gotten along fine," referring to Trump. "With that bunch of people running, I'm kind of pulling for him." Reid said Jokingly.
    Reid also said, "Oh, I remember the good old days when he did a fundraiser or two for me."

Apparently realizing that his words could be misconstrued, Reid took to the Senate floor the next day (Jan. 28th), seeking to clarify that he had only been joking about "pulling for" Trump in the presidential race.

Cruz made his comment ONE MONTH after Harry Reid had said the comment was a JOKE.

So,, Clueless Cruz or should it be CARPET BOMB CRUZ would say anything to advance his campaign or is acting like a pathological liar or both.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/02/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-wrongly-says-senate-democratic-leader-har/

Get a grip man. It's not a lie to see through someone like Harry Nosebleed's comments. If you believe it was actually a "joke", as Reid claims you have bigger problems than not liking Cruz. Feel free to not like Cruz for whatever reason you want, but your easily disproven claims of "liar" are tiresome, particularly when the "evidence" you continue to cite as proof continues to prove the exact opposite. It seems it's you that has a real problem with facts.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not going to REPLY to your entire quote, too long.

Quote: Casper1947:

Those words are in many articles,, and in fairness the time was 2013, well before Trumps bid for president. Interesting to note the part highlighted in RED.

Nothing was intentionally left off,, the quote and date you reference was on my original link in it's entirety although it could be missed if you weren't looking for it.

Our transcript of Trump talking to Hunt on Aug. 10 or 11, 2013, about Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton:

Never (almost never) "cut and paste" without a reference LINK, along with a quote from that article. Think it helps people to determine if it's worth reading.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr. Perfect:
    This is your quote from above:
    Get a grip man. It's not a lie to see through someone like Harry Nosebleed's comments. If you believe it was actually a "joke", as Reid claims you have bigger problems than not liking Cruz. Feel free to not like Cruz for whatever reason you want, but your easily disproven claims of "liar" are tiresome, particularly when the "evidence" you continue to cite as proof continues to prove the exact opposite. It seems it's you that has a real problem with facts.

Couple of things,, if you think Cruz IS NOT a liar because CRUZ can "see through" Harry Reid,, and it was NOT a joke,,

Then you are not what you seem. However some people ONLY learn visually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpRrWEvSTR0
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr. Perfect:

Couple of things,, if you think Cruz IS NOT a liar because CRUZ can "see through" Harry Reid,, and it was NOT a joke,,

Again, here you are posting up evidence that supports MY position. Are you really that clueless?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Mr. Perfect:

Again, here you are posting up evidence that supports MY position. Are you really that clueless?
    Cruzz went an done it again, attacking Donalds wife!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What ***** Cruz Said:
    A couple of debates ago, (Donald Trump) said if you don't support socialized health care, you're heartless."
    - Ted Cruz on Thursday, February 25th, 2016 in the Republican debate in Houston, Texas

Context of ***** Cruz Statement
    "For decades, Donald has been advocating socialized medicine," Cruz said. "What he said is the government should pay for everyone's health care. And in fact, a couple of debates ago, he said if you don't support socialized health care, you're heartless."

Did Trump say ANYTHING close to this during a debate?
    NO
    Cruz was NOT Truthful. Some would say he's a *****, ~~'~.

and

Ham: "Mr. Trump, you have said you want to repeal Obamacare. You have also said, quote, `Everybody's got to be covered,' adding, quote, `The government's going to pay for it.' Are you closer to Bernie Sanders' vision for health care than Hillary Clinton's?"
    Trump: "I don't think I am. I think I'm closer to common sense. We are going to repeal Obamacare. We're going to repeal Obamacare. We are going to replace Obamacare with something so much better."

Our ruling
    Cruz said that Trump said in a recent debate that "if you don't support socialized health care, you're heartless." Trump did not say those words, or anything like them, in any recent debate.

****** Cruz made it up.

He (TRUMP) advanced the idea of more competition among private insurance companies, and he said that government should take care of those who can't afford insurance.

While there was a time in the past when Trump supported a single-payer plan, there's no substance to Cruz's statement.
    WE RATE IT
    pantsonfire.gif

Total Article: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/25/ted-cruz/cruz-invents-trump-statement-socialized-medicine/