In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why Democrats Are Becoming the Party of the 1 %

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Politics
Sure looks that way to me also.Of course a few token white southern senators may hang on for a while to convince the sheple of diversity and love for all!
serf

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/04/why-democrats-are-becoming-the-party-of-the-1-percent

Trumpism changes the equation. If homebuilders face workplace crackdowns on illegal hiring, their costs go up. If defense contractors see a reduced U.S. military presence in Asia and Europe, their income goes down. If companies that rely on outsourcing or on intellectual property rights see their business model upended by discontinued trade agreements, they face a crisis. Sure, many rich people hate Obamacare, but how big a deal is it compared to other things they want: more immigration, sustained and expanding trade, continued defense commitments? Clintonism, by comparison, starts to look much more appealing.

All good, say some Democrats. The more people that Trumpism scares away, the broader and more powerful the liberal-left coalition will be. But nobody offers their support without expecting something in return. It's not dispassionate analysis that causes Chuck Schumer to waffle on the carried-interest tax loophole, Hillary Clinton to argue for raising the cap on H-1B visas, or Maria Cantwell to rally support for the Export-Import Bank. The more rich people that a party attracts, the more that the party must do to stay attractive.

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    becoming? They've been the 1% elite for longer than I have been alive. And Trump is one of them. Get your facts straight serf.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    becoming? They've been the 1% elite for longer than I have been alive. And Trump is one of them. Get your facts straight serf.

Well Mr.Perfect since when has Flip-flopping has made the facts straight? The republicans and democrats are all the same along with party ideology when we starting doing business with the communist.

How many people/souls have died fighting godless communist in your lifetime?

It's The NWO with Swiss BIS and all the other central banks in the world that is calling the shots,why don't you go find some facts for us once and awhile here?

Hillary will beat Trump in my opinion yet Trump is just another George Bush that is a chameleon for The NWO too! Get ready for gun confiscation just like in Australia the last century.

serf

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/australian-debunks-australian-gun-laws-obama

The Second Amendment defines American exceptionalism. It speaks to the character of America, and reflects why America is America.

Civilian disarmament is based on the assumption that people are irresponsible (unless they work for the government). America was founded on the opposite premise.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Reptilians.

Shape shifters, say I.

Is just a metaphor Barzillia but nice try to throw up some smoke and mirrors.You should be in politics.

serf
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting I can't find any facts that would agree with that statement.

It appears the top 1% of earners lean more Red then Blue but it is a mixed bag.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!