In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump / Cruz ticket??

M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
edited May 2016 in Politics
Is it possible? I think a Trump / Cruz ticket would easily defeat hitllary!!![:)][:)][:)]

It was an ugly primary, but if they can get over it all and team up Trump & Cruz will kick hitllary's ugly pantsuit * and win the election.

Comments

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that Trump would team up with "lying Ted" or vice versa.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump needs a woman to win...But if Sanders beats Hillary he will win...free stuff "Trumps" win!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Trump needs a woman to win...But if Sanders beats Hillary he will win...free stuff "Trumps" win!
    How about a black Mexican happy woman with a handicap and a lisp?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot
    I don't think that Trump would team up with "lying Ted" or vice versa.

Agreed, Cruz has principles that are not flexible and do not coincide with Trump's lack of principles. Cruz I imagine also realizes that he would lose his base of support, and it would damage his future political career if he teamed up with Trump. Cruz is young, he'll run for President again. Cruz is a locked for re-election in Texas so he can sit back and watch the madness for a while and then jump back into the fray.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    How about a black Mexican happy woman with a handicap and a lisp?

You left out Muslim, she'd have to be Muslim too. [;)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really think Trump could win if his wife was VP!
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Agreed, Cruz has principles that are not flexible and do not coincide with Trump's lack of principles. Cruz I imagine also realizes that he would lose his base of support, and it would damage his future political career if he teamed up with Trump. Cruz is young, he'll run for President again. Cruz is a locked for re-election in Texas so he can sit back and watch the madness for a while and then jump back into the fray.

You and Cruz must be secrete lovers the way you go on about that idiot all the time!
  • Options
    B&G ClingerB&G Clinger Member Posts: 1,789 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant imagine it ever working. Way to much mud flingin and bickering back and forth to ever try to team up now.
    I do believe it will be pivotal who trump chooses as a running mate. Could make the difference of being elected or not.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    No
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

You and Cruz must be secrete lovers the way you go on about that idiot all the time!

Actually it would be secret, and he is far from being an idiot. Heaven forbid I talk about Cruz on a thread about Cruz. You're a real rocket. *
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe that Cruz can win as a VP...even though the typical establishment types don't like him, he is nonetheless an establishment guy...like it or not, and that is the huge problem he is connected to.
    What's next?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    condeleza rice
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    condeleza rice

That would be surprising as she was architect of Bush's foreign policy, of which Trump has been a huge critic. Plus I can't see her personality appreciating Trump's nature. That would make him more palatable though.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    condeleza rice

That would be surprising as she was architect of Bush's foreign policy, of which Trump has been a huge critic. Plus I can't see her personality appreciating Trump's nature. That would make him more palatable though.

throw out common sense and think strategy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    condeleza rice

That's true we're talking about Trump. [;)] What would be her incentive? She could have run for President on her own had she wanted that. She's got some pretty sweet personal gigs going on.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Trump is an embarrassment and I'm not a real Cruz fan; but I think Cruz has more character than to associate himself with Trump.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz don't know what character is. lol.

He don't have time to do his Senate duties, VOTE. He is centered on himself. He is a loser.

Ryan or Rice.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump and Cruz won't happen.

Trump Ryan won't happen either.

Trump and Rice is out.

I originally predicted Trump would renege on the nomination and roll for Sanders or Hillary.

I think his ego leaves him in, now he wants to be President of the USA.

1 year in and I think he will want to quit though.

I think Trump easily defeats Clinton especially IF the sour grape crowd gets out and votes to defeat Clinton and not more concerned about making a statement that in the end just hurts America for a generation of liberal judge appointments.

2020 can't fix that.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will probably be Chris Christie.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions [:0], very powerful leader, honest, knowledgeable man, strong on immigration & defense and 1st. Senator to endorse Trump [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    It will probably be Chris Christie. I want go vote then.

Truly a disturbing thought.
    What's next?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking Uncle Ted. Two outsiders and long shots.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    what about marko? he would bring alot to the table. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He would be best served by someone that has won, or can win, the admiration and respect of the public. The very last thing we need is another establishment politician, since they are the people that need to be corralled and stripped of as much voice as possible. Dr. Carson might be such a man.
    What's next?
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    He would be best served by someone that has won, or can win, the admiration and respect of the public. The very last thing we need is another establishment politician, since they are the people that need to be corralled and stripped of as much voice as possible. Dr. Carson might be such a man.
    that would be my pick for trump
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    +1

No way Cruz would do it nor would The Donald chose "LYING TED"

To put your mind at ease.

http://www.youngcons.com/donald-trump-says-his-vp-pick-wont-be-outsider-will-be-someone-political/

Odd the DAY his only real competition steps down.

Let's make Hillary a one term President. CRUZ 2020 [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, folks. We need more than just a businessman in office, we need people who realize that people come first, and that a policy for "ensuring" that everyone will be treated as equals, and that includes white males and protecting southern people and their heritage, while at the same time giving like energy and focus to creating jobs are paramount. Should we be "lucky" enough and overcome such long standing, hateful, barriers to unity, then good things should happen regarding our other problems. As long as there is a constant attack on white males and southern heritage that establishment politicians rabidly pursue, there can never be peace, as I see it.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, folks. We need more than just a businessman in office, we need people who realize that people come first, and that a policy for "ensuring" that everyone will be treated as equals, and that includes white males and protecting southern people and their heritage, while at the same time giving like energy and focus to creating jobs are paramount. Should we be "lucky" enough and overcome such long standing, hateful, barriers to unity, then good things should happen regarding our other problems. As long as there is a constant attack on white males and southern heritage that establishment politicians rabidly pursue, there can never be peace, as I see it.

Maybe he should pick Nikki Haley:

When asked whether he supported South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley's decision to call for the Confederate battle flag to be taken down from out front of the State Capitol building, Trump said he did.

"I would take it down, yes," the billionaire real estate mogul said. "I think they should put it in a museum and respect whatever it is you have to respect."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/donald-trump-confederate-flag-119325
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

When asked whether he supported South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley's decision to call for the Confederate battle flag to be taken down from out front of the State Capitol building, Trump said he did.

"I would take it down, yes," the billionaire real estate mogul said. "I think they should put it in a museum and respect whatever it is you have to respect."

Now that's funny...I guess them Trump voters with southern pride are gonna have to swallow it and choke on while they embrace those New Yorker values.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I don't get overly excited about Trump being different than that bag, or anyone else that is on the establishment plantation. He might be just another thorn in the side that will ensure greater anger among the public if he does not address equality and the people factor. and, if he does choose Hailey, then we won't have to wait as long for better things to happen.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1

They would make a great fit for each other as they also both support the gender confused weirdos using whatever bathroom they want.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Justin Amash as VP
  • Options
    e8gme8gm Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to see Trump appoint Cruz to the Supreme Court.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    condeleza rice

I think that would be awful strategy since she's clearly the typical progressive establishment type, and the people who put Trump where he is are anti-progressive establishment. I will drop Trump like a hot potato if he elects an establishment politician. However, should he pick someone like Rand Paul, someone who has proven they are level headed and does not buy into, for one, the nationalistic fervor of the U.S. military being the world police, I think Trump would help himself get a lot more votes. There might be a better choice than Paul out there, but Trump needs to be really careful of who he picks as the VEEP.
    What's next?