In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

When did all these problems start ??

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Politics
Probably many "key" points but my guess is:

The War on Poverty. Lyndon B. Johnsons brain child.

First introduced During his State of the Union address on January 8, 1964.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Poverty

Johnson stated "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptom of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it"
lolol.gif

Can remember when it was first introduced. Have though many times that this was a mistake.

More like a War to CREATE Poverty.

Comments

• Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Johnson didn't believe the Bible as many Democrats don't. Jesus said the poor you will always have with you. Nobody will ever change that.
    However our definition of poverty has changed. The people who we consider poor are very rich by some standards. I am nearly 80 years old and have yet to see a starving child in the USA. Almost any child will say he is hungry if asked. Relative poverty is mostly caused by Drugs and alcohol addiction in this country. The other main cause is immorality.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the things my liberal friends can't seen to understand is that if you pay someone not to work, they don't work.

Their leaders, on the other hand, understand that perfectly......and they know that once they are dependent, they become little better than slaves to be manipulated.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1934 National Firearms Act kinda sucked.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The creation of the IRS and Federal Reserve was the birth of big government.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NWO will be the last straw. Alchemist dream of Equality.

serf

David Rockefeller had stated:

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as globalists and of conspiring with others around the world to build an integrated global economic and political structure, "one world", if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."