In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Clinton's emerging role in a Hillary presiden

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Politics
Hillary Clinton has joked that her husband Bill could become "the first dude" if she is elected as president, but it is emerging that the title comes with a serious job description: managing the White House response to economic inequality.
Dude? now that's a fresh term.

Gets worse:
Bill Clinton: "I volunteered that if Hillary got elected president, I would like to be tasked with the responsibility to take you along for the ride to America's future," he added, during a testy series of exchanges with miners picketing the rally.

What? A good president / bad president? Billary Destroys an industry and Bill saves them.
pukebig.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/16/hillary-clinton-presidency-bill-economy-czar

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So in order to deal with 'economic inequality', is he gonna make the takers and slackers go out and get jobs???[}:)]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't he the one who signed NAFTA???? How many jobs did that create??
    I can stll here that loud sucking sound.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NAFTA is a mixed bag at best (or worst, depending upon your point of view).

In 2009 we had a combined $300 billion plus trade surplus with Canada and Mexico. This went negative by 2011. This is a function of multiple inputs that contributed more than did NAFTA.

Small businesses have benefitted greatly from NAFTA, though employees of large companies have suffered. Sound bite criticism of NAFTA is in vogue with our current emotionally driven presidential politics. The truth, however, is less clear and actual results cannot be measured by simplistic references to Ford and Carrier.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hilldog's biggest campaign promise thus far is that she's going to turn over the job to her husband on day one.

So much for "A woman can do anything a man can do" [:)]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the US census bureau we have had a trade deficit with Mexico every year since 1985.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if hillery get in and brings in cigar bill,i have on good info that all the female interns will quit. mr myopic.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    both have taken AMERICA for biggest rides in history...color em GONE
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny...Bill couldn't get a 16 billion dollar stimulus pass Congress when he first took office. In fact I can't remember any economic policy, that was his creation, he ever got enacted into law during his entire 8 year run. He lucked out entering office as the economy was coming out of recession and even luckier to depart office as it was sliding into another one.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny...Bill couldn't get a 16 billion dollar stimulus pass Congress when he first took office. In fact I can't remember any economic policy, that was his creation, he ever got enacted into law during his entire 8 year run. He lucked out entering office as the economy was coming out of recession and even luckier to depart office as it was sliding into another one.