In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ryan Bails Out Puerto Rico With Deal!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Politics
And he bails we the people in! You the taxpayer while major corporation flock there for tax havens!

You sheple elected congress and should have no complaints!

Except when they cut social services & benefits for all the baby boomer serfs soon after the elections in November! Wake Up!

serf

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/280982-ryan-secures-big-win-with-bipartisan-puerto-rico-deal

Some lawmakers want a quick vote on Puerto Rico this week. The longer it hangs out there, the thinking goes, the more time political foes will have to try to stir up opposition. On the left, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a Democratic presidential candidate, urged his Senate colleagues Monday to oppose the legislation, ripping the oversight board as "undemocratic" because it's comprised of "unelected" appointees.

One option would be passing the House bill on suspension, which requires a two-thirds majority. It wouldn't be impossible given Ryan's prediction that a majority of House Republicans will support the legislation; most Democrats have signaled they're on board as well. Language affecting Puerto Rico's minimum wage and keeping a wildlife reserve in federal hands helped cement Democratic support.

But GOP leadership sources said a floor vote isn't expected until after the weeklong break. Lawmakers want to act before July 1, when the cash-strapped territory is at risk of defaulting on another $2 billion in payments.

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    ryan is a true rino and proved it with deal with oboma as soon as he was made speaker, this porto bail out deal is not the first or the last ryan down the river deal.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Serf, you are not going to get any one to "wake up".

People are either aware of the issue, and like you and I are powerless to do jack crap about it, or part of the problem. There is no "waking up" a Marxist. They are fully awake and have their eye on the goal.

Relax, life is way to short to fret and fuss over manifest destiny.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    ryan is a true rino and proved it with deal with oboma as soon as he was made speaker, this porto bail out deal is not the first or the last ryan down the river deal.

Eventually people will learn that politicians like Ryan are Republicans, not RINOs. Political parties are by design establishment entities and when the majority of people meekly accept the mantra that there are only two from which to choose, they both become focussd upon maintaining power and the status quo.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

People are either aware of the issue, and like you and I are powerless to do jack crap about it, or part of the problem. There is no "waking up" a Marxist. They are fully awake and have their eye on the goal.

Yeah the central banks hide all the debt on two sets of books,the only lie not yet exposed is if and when interest rates goes up and they decide to unload some debt they themselves are hiding back on to the market place.

Maybe a crash on the derivative market will cause a crisis and force in a NWO money scheme which will be cashless and very draconian with taxes.

Then the sheple will be all Marxist/slaves especially if they create Artificial intelligent machines to do all the labor for them. And find a renewable power source like sustainable safe fusion nuclear power like the Sun.

A utopia dream for designers to form new dna humans melted with A.I. to rule earth. Trans-humanism with demi-god's.

serf
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Yeah the central banks hide all the debt on two sets of books,the only lie not yet exposed is if and when interest rates goes up and they decide to unload some debt they themselves are hiding back on to the market place.

Maybe a crash on the derivative market will cause a crisis and force in a NWO money scheme which will be cashless and very draconian with taxes.

Then the sheple will be all Marxist/slaves especially if they create Artificial intelligent machines to do all the labor for them. And find a renewable power source like sustainable safe fusion nuclear power like the Sun.

A utopia dream for designers to form new dna humans melted with A.I. to rule earth. Trans-humanism with demi-god's.

serf
    The cashless society is just about here. I pay all of my bills online or use a credit/debit card for 95% of purchases, including lunch or a gallon of milk. I do pay cash if the seller will give a REAL discount and fuggagetabout sales taxes.

The remainder of it is out of our hands so focus on being happy and accept what you do not have the power to change. I did not say do not resist with all you have but pick your battles and make the goal a happy win or a painless loss.