In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Disaffected voters may find this alternative appea

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
edited May 2016 in Politics
Don't like the GOP candidate? Don't like the Democrat choices?

Please consider a Libertarian candidate that will put constitutional principles first: Austin Petersen. http://austinpetersen2016.com/

I will let his web site info speak for itself, but here are a few highlights:

-Supports Ted Cruz's tax plan
-Pro life
-Worked closely with Judge Napolitano
-Has adopted a realistic approach to immigration, both to curb illegal immigration and to streamline legal immigration.

This election may be the most viable for any 3rd party candidate as approximately 36% of the public does not want either of the leading candidates in the GOP or Dem parties, according to latest polls.

Please show your support, if you are willing (if you are not, please ignore) for Austin and note that the LP national convention (where they will choose their candidate) runs May 26-30, 2016 in Orlando, Florida.

Thanks for your consideration.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would LOVE to see a viable 3rd party emerge to break the corrupt stranglehold the current 2 party setup has on the general public and the country.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    I would LOVE to see a viable 3rd party emerge to break the corrupt stranglehold the current 2 party setup has on the general public and the country.
    Me too. I find Austin preferable to Gary Johnson on a number of issues, but will likely support Johnson if he is the eventual party nominee.

The only real issue I can find with Petersen is his lack of experience. He is only 35 years old but seems wise well beyond his years.

Here's a well rounded article on him:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435610/austin-petersen-pro-life-libertarian

Also:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if a third party runs,hillery with get in..mr myopic.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peterson, in the Libertarian debate came across on point, but seemed incredibly unrealistic in what he said he planned to do.

That said, his basic platform and respect for Constitutional Government is refreshing, and he has toned down the stridency of his approach in recent months.

I would think four more years of refinement would serve him well, particularly if he could gain elected office at some level.

I would support him if he gains the nomination, but today believe Johnson to have a more practical approach to most issues, particularly since he has served as Governor of New Mexico.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank

Many different 'third parties' are running.

If Sanders opts for a third party or independent run, do you still believe it would benefit Clinton?

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hahahaha good one.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we do not need ANY immigration NONE...put 1/2 of the lazy bums off of welfare and bennies and PT EM TO WORK..or go hungry...
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Many different 'third parties' are running.

If Sanders opts for a third party or independent run, do you still believe it would benefit Clinton?

Some polls are indicating that 50% of Bernie voters will not vote for Hillary, and 20% would cross over and vote for Trump. I would be excited to see Bernie do an independent run and throw a wrench in Hillary's plans.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a third party run againist trump will make hillery president. a third party run by sanders will make trump president. if by chance sanders gets the nomation, trump will win. as the democrates who are rich or well to do will not vote for him as they know sanders wants to give their money away and democrates want to spend our money,BUT NOT THEIR OWN. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a third party run againist trump will make hillery president. a third party run by sanders will make trump president. if by chance sanders gets the nomation, trump will win. as the democrates who are rich or well to do will not vote for him as they know sanders wants to give their money away and democrates want to spend our money,BUT NOT THEIR OWN. mr myopic.

I fail to see how a Libertarian Candidate is a run against anyone.

In a nut shell, Libertarians advocate the Government leaving your pocketbook alone as much as is possible via limited government. This would appeal to actual conservatives.

Libertarians also believe that government should not go meddling in your private lives regarding same sex marriages. This would appeal to actual liberals.

The very nature of Libertarianism, however, does not appeal to the neo-conservatives who advocate for big government in the form of military adventurism and social constraints via legislation. It also does not appeal to the neo-liberals who advocate for big government in the form of social experimentation via legislation and manipulation of the tax code and Federal Monies.

So, I would suggest that a third party that looks and acts like the Libertarian party attracts people who are actual fiscal conservatives and who are actually liberal (read individual liberty) minded regarding social issues.

If you want to tell someone their daughter has to accept men in her locker room, or if you want to tell a happy couple their marriage cannot be recognized, the Libertarian Party may not be for you.

If you want to actually live and let live and promote and enjoy the rights and liberties that our Constitution once secured for the individual, it just may be something you should consider.

Allow America to be Great Again - Vote Libertarian.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well if the third party(can,t win at this time in history) sucks enough votes off of trump to lose in a close election with hillery, what will you have to crow about? you will have cut off your nose to spite your face. hillery as president will harm this great nation to a point where it may not recover from it and we become a third world country. mr myopic.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Y'all might as well vote for Thomas Jefferson. Same odds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    baaaaaaaaa
    Uh huh.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if you think a third party candidate can win and not just be a spoiler, let me know how much money your giving the candidate. at this time in our history you may just as well p*ss in the ocean as it will matter not.mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if you think a third party candidate can win and not just be a spoiler, let me know how much money your giving the candidate. at this time in our history you may just as well p*ss in the ocean as it will matter not.mr myopic.

The major problem with the American Electorate is that they have been conditioned to think in the near term, 4, 8, 12 years, etc.

If you are happy with what we have, by all means, continue to vote for one of the two major parties and the big government folks they have put up since 1964.

If you might be willing to sacrifice a little yourself, it is worth considering a third party so as to build up that party for the future.

For your kids.

For your grandkids.

For your great grandkids.

If it is only about you, fall into line like a good little lamb and vote for Trump or vote for Clinton. One will get you big government in one direction and the other will get you big government is a slightly different direction.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well at 72 i think hillery will screw up my remaing years more than trump. i,m pretty much set up with the funds i need for maybe 20 more years, if i last that long. i had invested well over my last 25 years of work and have amassed quite a retirement egg. plus falling into a few good property deals that that realy panned out my way. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well at 72 i think hillery will screw up my remaing years more than trump. i,m pretty much set up with the funds i need for maybe 20 more years, if i last that long. i had invested well over my last 25 years of work and have amassed quite a retirement egg. plus falling into a few good property deals that that realy panned out my way. mr myopic.

As noted, if it just about you, Trump is probably your man.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the basic flaw in an electoral society is the premise that the voters have some basic intelligence, informed decison making capability , and give a hoot about things in general other that what's in it for me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    the basic flaw in an electoral society is the premise that the voters have some basic intelligence, informed decison making capability , and give a hoot about things in general other that what's in it for me
    Well, actually the founders based our system of governance on the very foundation of uninformed voting populace. That is exactly why there is an electoral college. It's not JUST about eliminating the probability of mob rule, but uneducated mob rule as well.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Obviously, this thread was not intended for you.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i guess your right, but i will not do anything that may help hillery get elected. you can spout about a libertarian candidate being better and you may be right, but it just is not going to happen in the near future, the rand pauls of the world don,t come off looking well when put in the spotlight either. and its your right to vote for who you want as it is also my right. i ask myself will i be better under hillery or trump and for me its trump. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i guess your right, but i will not do anything that may help hillery get elected. you can spout about a libertarian candidate being better and you may be right, but it just is not going to happen in the near future, the rand pauls of the world don,t come off looking well when put in the spotlight either. and its your right to vote for who you want as it is also my right. i ask myself will i be better under hillery or trump and for me its trump. mr myopic.

Mr. Myopic is quite appropriate.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wjat (that's What with my fingers in the correct position).

Thought it was Johnson ???

Johnson would legalize POT and we could see how that idea works out?

Marijuana-Economy.jpg
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    crazy burnknee can probably be bought off by the clintons not to run 3rd party
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

Marijuana-Economy.jpg

Sometimes it pays to read an entire thread.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i think trump is closer to the libertarian ideas than bernie or hillery,s. by being a spoiler and letting bernie or hillery get elected you will be hurting your ideas and giving the democrates four or eight more years to push this country down the tubes. and its just not worth it for me to take a chance. i may be myopic, but i,m not blind. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i think trump is closer to the libertarian ideas than bernie or hillery,s. by being a spoiler and letting bernie or hillery get elected you will be hurting your ideas and giving the democrates four or eight more years to push this country down the tubes. and its just not worth it for me to take a chance. i may be myopic, but i,m not blind. mr myopic.

[:)]

I have come to the realization that we are down the tubes already, and additional pushing by either party is incremental and insignificant when compared with the bigger picture of liberty and limited government.

To each is own.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smoke in the den....[:o)]
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well if the third party(can,t win at this time in history) sucks enough votes off of trump to lose in a close election with hillery, what will you have to crow about? you will have cut off your nose to spite your face. hillery as president will harm this great nation to a point where it may not recover from it and we become a third world country. mr myopic.

And Trump will be better how? I'm not sure who is going to win but I know whichever it is I will lose. There have been a lot of elections where I had to hold my nose to vote but this one is the worst.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i don,t see how trump would be any worse them oboma or hillery and she said she would carry on with oboma,s ideas. so i,m willing to give trump a chance. mr myopic.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

Marijuana-Economy.jpg

Sometimes it pays to read an entire thread.

Number One: The person with the strongest LEGALIZE Pot platform will get the nod and that seems to have been proven correct. Probably helped he was CEO of a marijuana business.

Number Two: Needed somewhere to post my legalize pot picture.

Number Three: Who else would all the potheads vote for,, good a place as any.