In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump's plan......

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Politics
From an email:

Trumps plan for our financial future.

Many of Trump's opponents and the talking heads critique Donald Trump's plan for the economy, but what are his stances and how will it affect every day American's wallet? Hopefully, this article will provide you with some clarity. We all know Donald Trump has done an excellent job growing his real estate company through his career, but will that translate to a growth in the U.S. economy?

Tax Plan

Mr. Trump's first plan of attack is to completely revamp the tax code. According to his website, his tax plan is as follows:
1.Single citizens earning less than $25,000 or joint filers earning less than $50,000 will pay no income taxes.
2.Reduce the tax brackets down to four: 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% from the seven we currently have.
3.Business income will not be taxed higher than 15%
4.Elimination of the death tax

Obviously, all four of these ideas will increase disposable income for most Americans, which should provide a significant boost to the economy, but how will it be paid for? Mr. Trump claims it will not affect the national deficit because he will also close corporate tax loopholes and incentivize companies to bring money back from overseas. Currently, U.S. overseas money is estimated at over $2 trillion. He also pledged to increase taxes on hedge fund managers by closing their complicated expense loopholes. Mr. Trump's hope is that the lower tax for most Americans will stimulate the economy enough to offset the additional shortfall in tax revenue. If businesses have lower taxes, they should be able to higher more employees. It is a risky plan, but I believe the idea may pay off.

Job Growth

Mr. Trump's second plan of attack, is to stimulate job growth by creating "millions" of jobs. He plans to do this by reviving American manufacturing by challenging China's illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards. He plans to put a stop to this by taxing American companies up to 35% on their goods coming into this country. Although, I am against most government regulations in private sector operations, I believe this would be a good motivator to keep working class jobs here in America.

Minimum Wage

Donald Trump does not agree with increasing the minimum wage. In fact, he calls for the elimination of the federal minimum wage all together. He believes it will make America non-competitive and drive more jobs overseas. All employees should have the right to earn a reasonable wage, but the lower paying jobs are meant to be temporary. Lower income citizens should strive to obtain better jobs and positions. The government can assist by providing lower cost education and trade courses to citizens.

Trump has some game changing ideas that some see as too risky and flawed. But as this country continues to grow at minimal rates, I think we are in need of some radical changes to kick this country into high gear.
What's next?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a month he will claim he never said that.
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

A month? That's generous. I'll guess 3-4 days.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What has Obama told you and you say nothing and it's time to get away from the Democraps
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

A month? That's generous. I'll guess 3-4 days.

Not to worry, I've saved a screenshot [:D]

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, we know Hillary will hit the ground running![B)][8]
    Love you Hillary voters posting crap on GunBroker.. OHH about your issues of being a man and by God, I will fight to the end to show how big of a swell is in my pants. Well if your vile creature gets in ,the end for us, the true gun owners is at an end. Thanks so much for your non-efforts if that's the case.
  • Options
    edited November -1

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everybody is an idiot. clown, fool, mentally retarded and stupid. Now that the name calling portion of the post is over, Can we talk about the subject at hand?
    The one thing that worries me about Trumps plans the most is the import tax. If that were to become reality your $22.00 Walmart shoes will be $50.00. That will occur before any jobs return to this country.
    Trump claims that just the threat of his import tax will result in a more fair trade situation. That may be true or may not. Actually China has more to loose than us. It will have to be tested but if the bluff doesn't work what then? Plan B might be India. China is not the only cheap labor source. What I do know is , We can't keep getting shafted like this. Besides the establishment will never change the present trade arrangement. They are getting paid off by lobbyists to retain it. The past elections have been over which side gets to screw us. That we know.
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Everybody is an idiot. clown, fool, mentally retarded and stupid. Now that the name calling portion of the post is over, Can we talk about the subject at hand?
    The one thing that worries me about Trumps plans the most is the import tax. If that were to become reality your $22.00 Walmart shoes will be $50.00. That will occur before any jobs return to this country.
    Trum claims that just the thjreat of his import tax will result in a more fair trade situation. That may be true or may not. Actually China has more to loose than us. It will have to be tested but if the bluff doesn't work what then? Plan B might be India. China is not the only cheap labor source.

all the hillbilly's around here go to wal-mart every week and spend their disposable income on cheap stuff so if the cheap stuff goes up they will buy less of the stuff they don't really need any dam way.

you know - they like a t-shirt they see for 10 bucks and get it. if it were 25 they would leave it on the shelf and just wear the ones they already have at home that they've barley wore.

now if shoes were $50 at WM would the 50-60 dollar shoes at other places go up to $100? that's the ?

used to be that if stuff broke or wore thin we would fix or patch it to get a few more months/years out of it. now we just throw it away and buy a new one. was that a bad thing? I still do that and I'm "cheap" according to the wife.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep the $50.00 shoes would go up to at least $75.00. There all made in China just look at the labels. Question. If we all conserved like we use to in the 40's and 50's what would the job situation look like then?
    Most of the cheep crap now can't be fixed because it isn't any good when new. How can you fix a Chinese flashlight?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    Love you Hillary voters posting crap on GunBroker.. OHH about your issues of being a man and by God, I will fight to the end to show how big of a swell is in my pants. Well if your vile creature gets in ,the end for us, the true gun owners is at an end. Thanks so much for your non-efforts if that's the case.

You supporters of Der Fuhrer Trump will not tolerate any dissent. If we don't march in lock step with your master's plan we must all be Hillary supporters.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have all the shoes I need for the next 10 years including the ones I'll be buried in, so this doesn't apply to me. By then the Democraps will have retaken all of the government and they will be providing your shoes.[;)]
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's just keep all the rules the same so we don't have any short term inconveniences. In a few years the debt will be over 50 trillion and the entire economy will collapse and with it our power as a nation. The system that fills the void will be real long on control and real short on individual rights. Yep, sounds like a good plan, let's don't change a thing. If only Romney had run again, then again it wouldn't matter if we elected the R or the D, we could just keep on keeping on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "You supporters of Der Fuhrer Trump will not tolerate any dissent. If we don't march in lock step with your master's plan we must all be Hillary supporters." Shilowar.
    So who else do you think can win Barney Fife?
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "You supporters of Der Fuhrer Trump will not tolerate any dissent. If we don't march in lock step with your master's plan we must all be Hillary supporters." Shilowar.
    So who else do you think can win Barney Fife?

HEY NOW! Barney Fife was still a good American.

There's no comparison to the two![;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper

You supporters of Der Fuhrer Trump will not tolerate any dissent. If we don't march in lock step with your master's plan we must all be Hillary supporters.

False.

I don't march in lockstep with DJT and I don't support HRC.

Referring to Trump as "der fuhrer" is a hollow, meaningless epithet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump claims that just the threat of his import tax will result in a more fair trade situation. That may be true or may not. Actually China has more to loose than us. It will have to be tested but if the bluff doesn't work what then? Plan B might be India. China is not the only cheap labor source. What I do know is , We can't keep getting shafted like this. Besides the establishment will never change the present trade arrangement. They are getting paid off by lobbyists to retain it. The past elections have been over which side gets to screw us. That we know.

Welcome back to 1861 politics and China, the New South. [:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    He already tried to walk it back 7 days ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-walks-back-tax-plan-negotiated/story?id=38959168

And Hillary didn't mean she wanted to put coal companies and coal miners out of business when she said she would put coal companies and coal miners out of business.

Right, Poo Flinger?
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep the $50.00 shoes would go up to at least $75.00. There all made in China just look at the labels. Question. If we all conserved like we use to in the 40's and 50's what would the job situation look like then?
    Most of the cheep crap now can't be fixed because it isn't any good when new. How can you fix a Chinese flashlight?

I wear ECCO shoes made in Denmark. They feel like custom made gloves for your feet and wear like tempered tool steel. They cost 125-250 bucks are are worth every penny.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bpost.
    Than they will cost $500.00
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone seems to have forgotten that most welfare trash steals most of their stuff anyway. If shoplifting was stopped at the Evil Empire (walmart) the prices would go way down.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bpost.
    Than they will cost $500.00

Bought a pair of "Uggs" last week,, cost 26,000. Lucky the exchange rate is good.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...the best part of the plan is"No minimum Wage"....[;)]
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama girl
    Everyone seems to have forgotten that most welfare trash steals most of their stuff anyway. If shoplifting was stopped at the Evil Empire (walmart) the prices would go way down.

Oh yeah! Plowed their snow a couple yrs ago at an all night Walmart
    It was like a taxi stand with wait times for an arresting officer to come. ALL NIGHT they hauled low lifes away.
    Walmart is the #1 origin of PD calls around my Fla home
    http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2016/public-safety/walmart-police/