In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can we have a rational discussion about Trump's

2»

Comments

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Read it wrong? If you are, than so am I.

Nonprofit Applications Given a Free Pass by IRS

Even some very large, notable nonprofits have been known to engage in unsavory and outright unethical behaviors, managing to pull the wool over the public eye. Ken Stern, author of With Charity for All and former CEO of NPR, is very critical of many large charitable organizations, including the American Red Cross and D.A.R.E.

Some nonprofits excel in collecting donations but fail miserably when it comes to distribution, such as the American Red Cross's bungled 9/11 Fund3 and disastrous deployment of aid and personnel in response to the 9/11 disaster. In an LA Times article, Ken Stern wrote the following4:

"In brief, its response was, well, disastrous. Material and personnel were deployed to the wrong places. Logistics broke down so badly that the organization was unable to get supplies, volunteers, food or cots for first responders quickly to the Pentagon - which was all of 2 miles from its national headquarters and emergency response center."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/08/07/worst-us-charities.aspx

The above page has some "favorites" but who knows. maybe the page announcing the WORST,, is,, what, no better than 50% "honest".
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you deliberately deflecting or genuinely don't understand the question?

Trump seems to have been doing just fine in the distribution as I have now stated for at least the third time. The problem as I see it, is that when questioned about it on the 22nd, he went into cover up mode and dumped the remaining 40%, including his contribution for apparently the specific purpose of generating a false narrative the questions and story were yellow journalism.

Proper vetting is important and takes time, and that was the proper and honest answer. He chose to deceive and throw a temper tantrum. I would think that would bother The supporters of a man who 'tells it like it is'.

Again: It is not about the donations and schedule. It is about deception.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    the press is looking for any thing to make trump look bad, he could have handled it better. and maybe he should have hired a few of bill and hillerys accountents as they are good at hiding vast amounts of given money and giving it to them selfs and loans to cronies. now where is the press on that? among the missing. mr myopic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eastbank
    the press is looking for any thing to make trump look bad, he could have handled it better. and maybe he should have hired a few of bill and hillerys accountents as they are good at hiding vast amounts of given money and giving it to them selfs and loans to cronies. now where is the press on that? among the missing. mr myopic.

I won't even bother with projection of his own superficiality regarding the judge in the Trump University case.

'Sure he lied. Sure he deceived. Of course he created a straw man with which to lash out at the press. He probably could have handled it better by being honest, but what the hell, he's my boy and he better than Hillary, so I don't care.'

When do his supporters even begin to think about holding him accountable for his actions? It will be way too late after he is elected; just look at what we have now.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Don, it looks like the Trump supporters either do not understand what happened (even after you explained it to them), do not care, or endorse what he did. It's hard to parse. The problem is, all three are just about equally disconcerting.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Don, it looks like the Trump supporters either do not understand what happened (even after you explained it to them), do not care, or endorse what he did. It's hard to parse. The problem is, all three are just about equally disconcerting.

I am afraid Trump has created a cult of personality not unlike Obama was able do where virtually anything he says or does will be either defended or dismissed as irrelevant.

It will not serve our country if it continues.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have become a one issue voter, and as i know for sure what hillery will try to do with the second admendment(she,s not shy about telling every one). i see no other way but to vote for trump, if you love firearms for hunting,self defence,collecting or match shooting. mr myopic.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats the problem with Trumps vet donations?....nothing...He gave his money as well as the solicitations....How much have you gave?....How much has Hillary gave?.....[:o)]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

I am afraid Trump has created a cult of personality not unlike Obama was able do where virtually anything he says or does will be either defended or dismissed as irrelevant.

It will not serve our country if it continues.
    I think he is good for the country , not a milk toast like the other 16....Trump won...support him, are lose your gun rights...all the rhetoric about who he is and who he insults, "how he aint Presidential etc" who cares , we have what we have...are you can stay home ,like you did the last time and elect The * from Hell!
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only thing that Trump actually said that bothered me a lot was what he said about McCain. I don't think he knew the whole story about McCain.
    A lot of the things attributed to him he never said at all or they have been exaggerated or revised to sound bad. The people against him are very good at spinning his words. Can anybody tell me exactly what he actually said about the judge lately. I know but I want to see if anybody really remembers after al the spin.
    In reality this is a fight to retain the old establishment. The ones that have been lying and screwing us for years.
    Us Trump voters understand. Maybe it's you others who don't. That's not possible is it???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    The only thing that Trump actually said that bothered me a lot was what he said about McCain. I don't think he knew the whole story about McCain.
    A lot of the things attributed to him he never said at all or they have been exaggerated or revised to sound bad. The people against him are very good at spinning his words. Can anybody tell me exactly what he actually said about the judge lately. I know but I want to see if anybody really remembers after al the spin.
    In reality this is a fight to retain the old establishment. The ones that have been lying and screwing us for years.
    Us Trump voters understand. Maybe it's you others who don't. That's not possible is it???

He stated basically that the judge has been unfair to him, and that there is an inherent conflict of interest because the judge is Mexican and Trump wants to build a wall.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and-the-mexican-judge-1465167405?mod=trending_now_

On the surface, not really much of an inflammatory statement, and I frankly don't see it as racist. What I see is a man who is projecting his shallowness and depth upon the judge in this case. Effectively, Trump is accusing the judge of being as shallow and superficial as Trump knows himself to be, so obviously with his Mexican heritage, he is incapable of being objective when overseeing Trump's case.

If the judge was truly being unfair, a motion to have him removed would have been filed by Trump's lawyers. We can be fairly certain that Trump's lawyers do not believe the judge to be biased against Trump because no such motion has been filed.

Some are saying Trump is racist based upon his statement. I don't see it myself. All I see is a self-absorbed, thin skinned and superficial little man who projects those same character flaws upon anyone who he believes has slighted him.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818

He stated basically that the judge has been unfair to him, and that there is an inherent conflict of interest because the judge is Mexican and Trump wants to build a wall.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and-the-mexican-judge-1465167405?mod=trending_now_

On the surface, not really much of an inflammatory statement, and I frankly don't see it as racist. What I see is a man who is projecting his shallowness and depth upon the judge in this case. Effectively, Trump is accusing the judge of being as shallow and superficial as Trump knows himself to be, so obviously with his Mexican heritage, he is incapable of being objective when overseeing Trump's case.

If the judge was truly being unfair, a motion to have him removed would have been filed by Trump's lawyers. We can be fairly certain that Trump's lawyers do not believe the judge to be biased against Trump because no such motion has been filed.

Some are saying Trump is racist based upon his statement. I don't see it myself. All I see is a self-absorbed, thin skinned and superficial little man who projects those same character flaws upon anyone who he believes has slighted him.

Of course, Trump's remarks since is that the earlier statements have nothing to do with bias against Mexicans. He specifically doesn't want a Mexican judge for no other reason than that he is Mexican and it has nothing to do with bias against Mexicans?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Whats the problem with Trumps vet donations?....nothing...He gave his money as well as the solicitations....How much have you gave?....How much has Hillary gave?.....[:o)]

Billary and Bills foundation gave: $70,000 U.S.D. over several years.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/01/hillary-clinton-donated-70000-veterans/

Doubt if any money was personal.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    70,000, chump change for the crooked duo. the coat she wore the other night cost 12,000 while talking about what she was going to do for the poor class that bill and her helped cause. mr myopic.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut the partisan BS.

NO KILLARY PERIOD. If ya believe different ya probably shouldn't be on GunBroker.

Maybe moveon.org would suit ya better. Go "entertain" Soros with those genius lips
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    Cut the partisan BS.

NO KILLARY PERIOD. If ya believe different ya probably shouldn't be on GunBroker.

Maybe moveon.org would suit ya better. Go "entertain" Soros with those genius lips

This makes my brain hurt.

I'm guessing you've never had that problem.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cut the partisan BS.

This makes my brain hurt.

I'm guessing you've never had that problem.

Zing!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut the partisan BS.

Maybe moveon.org would suit ya better. Go "entertain" Soros with those genius lipsThis makes my brain hurt.

I'm guessing you've never had that problem.At first I thought DWS was responding to the post, had to look a second time! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!