In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

State assault weapon bans are permanent

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Politics
By default The supreme court has uphold all state wide bans for assault rifles! It's only a matter of time when illegals and immigration will turn the tide in all 50 states!

The government in the meantime will stonewall any rulings to challenge their hold over the second amendment.

serf

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-state-assault-weapon-134132044.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left in place gun control laws in New York and Connecticut that ban assault weapons like the one used in last week's massacre at an Orlando nightclub, rejecting a challenge brought by gun rights advocates.

The court's action underlined its reluctance to insert itself into the simmering national debate on gun control. The justices have not made a major gun rights ruling since 2010.

The justices declined to hear an appeal of an October ruling by the New York-based 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld laws prohibiting semiautomatic weapons and large capacity magazines in the two northeastern states.

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

By default The supreme court has uphold all state wide bans for assault rifles! It's only a matter of time when illegals and immigration will turn the tide in all 50 states!

The government in the meantime will stonewall any rulings to challenge their hold over the second amendment.

serf

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-state-assault-weapon-134132044.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left in place gun control laws in New York and Connecticut that ban assault weapons like the one used in last week's radical Islamic terror attacks at a Orlando nightclub, rejecting a challenge brought by gun rights advocates.

The court's action underlined its reluctance to insert itself into the simmering national debate on gun control. The justices have not made a major gun rights ruling since 2010.

The justices declined to hear an appeal of an October ruling by the New York-based 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld laws prohibiting semiautomatic weapons and large capacity magazines in the two northeastern states.

Did a little edit for them.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just curious here, but would this ruling not uphold the principal of states rights? especially when the law in question is more strict than federal law? i'm not saying i like the ruling or even agree with it, nor would i want the same law in my state.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By omission, it does uphold states' rights, yes.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that would explain why it seems to me, the anti-gunners see a better way to defeat the 2nd amendment by way of state law, instead of federal law.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Gun free zones work so well, why not try some gun free states!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    that would explain why it seems to me, the anti-gunners see a better way to defeat the 2nd amendment by way of state law, instead of federal law.

They did the same thing with the constitutional amendment for equal rights for women in the 1970's.It failed to be ratified by a couple of states legislators. What did they do? Ditched it and canned the draft and gave women a full right to become a soldier.

Next they are now ready to pass it in The Federal legislators to give women equal rights and possible draft women if it ever came to that.I doubt they will however for it would divide their front.

So the moral of the story is the liberals will do their work from the school districts elections all the way up to the federal level to pull the second amendment from men,the last right ordained by men to form governments.

And work in all three branches of government to achieve it along with trans humanism to have a uni-polar One world government.

serf
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it just possible that by not hearing it at this time and avoiding a 4-4 decision it would be easier to hear it at a later time with a full court.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    This is what Bloomberg and crew have been dumping large amounts of cash into creation of propaganda for - quite successfully in a few states.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they were going to move this thread, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to move it to "Gun Rights and Constitutional Law"?
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing like judicial cowardice.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy would have likely sided with the states on this one. He is the least predictable of the current justices, and it is, IMO, likely that Roberts did not want to see a 5 to 3 decision written by Souter (sp?) that grossly expanded the ruling to imply a potential Federal role in such bans.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele