In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American diaspora - Multiple Millions affected

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Politics
The meaning of a word in the Title of a Wikipedia article was NEW (to me). Doesn't happen often but left me "clueless" about the entire subject since the title was only TWO WORDs.

My favorite Defination:
A diaspora is a large group of people with a similar heritage or homeland who have since moved out to places all over the world. The term diaspora comes from an ancient Greek word meaning "to scatter about."

Full Definition of diaspora
1. capitalized
a : the settling of scattered colonies of Jews outside Palestine after the Babylonian exile
b : the area outside Palestine settled by Jews
c : the Jews living outside Palestine or modern Israel/

a : the movement, migration, or scattering of a people away from an established or ancestral homeland <the black diaspora to northern cities>
b : people settled far from their ancestral homelands <African diaspora>
c : the place where these people live

Article says:
here are no reliable figures on how many Americans live abroad, but a State Department estimate suggests that the number may be between 3 million and 6 million.[43] Other sources estimate that there are over 8.7 million non-military U.S. citizens living abroad,[44] an increase from the 4 million estimated in 1999.[45] However, these numbers are highly open to dispute as they often are unverified and can change rapidly.[46]

[:0][:0][:0]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_diaspora [:0][:0][:0]

A few might might be gone because people are assaulted for MAYBE saying the word God?
http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=676919

This is just another reason why folks are voting for Trump, a lot of what he has said is something others are afraid to say,, ie: The Truth.

THINGS JUST CAN'T GET WORSE,,, unless Cliton is elected. Then U.S. diaspora might double ?